Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

Not much "outside the box" thinking by the Bills. Two "has been" coaches. Who is the coach that will come in with some original gameplan? Don't see him yet.

The head coach is a first-timer and he already hired one former head coach to be his DC and is hoping to get another one to be his OC. Smart moves.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Childress would be a huge get for Buffalo. Wade Phillips has done quite well for himself after getting fired by the Bills.

Yeah, Childress is such an "in demand" candidate that Reid won't block him interviewing and no one else has shown interest. He has a history of mediocrity as demonstrated above. You could find a young QB coach with a passion for the game and original thoughts to stay long term rather than these poster boys for "meh".

Not much "outside the box" thinking by the Bills. Two "has been" coaches. Who is the coach that will come in with some original gameplan? Don't see him yet.

Okay, seeing as you are informed much more than those running things....please tell us your "outside the box choices". Sorry but this sounds like the experts over at the Range. In today's NFL there are very few coaches that aren't "has beens" and several are excellent coaches. Not meaning to be critical but fans really can act like they know more and we actually know less than the people we're criticizing. Gets old.

Yeah, Childress is such an "in demand" candidate that Reid won't block him interviewing and no one else has shown interest. He has a history of mediocrity as demonstrated above. You could find a young QB coach with a passion for the game and original thoughts to stay long term rather than these poster boys for "meh".

Many are missing the point.

So we find a "young QB coach" and hand them the keys to the offense? Let them call all the plays and Coordinate for the first time? If not, who calls the plays? Our Defensive minded HC?

This OC hire has to be experienced. We can groom someone behind him.

Why would Andy Reid block his friend? Reid believes Childress should be a head coach in the NFL.

Your objection makes no sense. Childress is a top offensive mind. How do you arrive at "mediocrity". Please explain this. When Childress last had a good QB he finished top 2 in the NFL in points scored.

Also, Eagles tried to grab him last year. He would be in demand. Sean is getting this chance to grab Childress because he is part of Reid's coaching tree.

Edited by jeffismagic

The Packers have already blocked AVP from interviewing elsewhere. Maybe that was the team providing cover for him if he had no interest.... but the Packers are one team who regularly block interview requests so I think this is a case of just not wanting to let a guy go.

Okay, seeing as you are informed much more than those running things....please tell us your "outside the box choices". Sorry but this sounds like the experts over at the Range. In today's NFL there are very few coaches that aren't "has beens" and several are excellent coaches. Not meaning to be critical but fans really can act like they know more and we actually know less than the people we're criticizing. Gets old.

You mad bro?

I should name names?? Why don't you go research the names of the QB Coach and O Line coach for the Falcons, Steelers, Patriots, etc. Any coach who is not currently an Offensive Coordinator would take a job as an OC...it's a promotion. Yet, we are considering two average gents (one who is a failure and one who is an OC in name only with a record of failure elsewhere). You want sweet fruit?...go to a good, healthy tree (Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. ) and pick the young sweet fruit. Now go get your shine box.

You mad bro?

I should name names?? Why don't you go research the names of the QB Coach and O Line coach for the Falcons, Steelers, Patriots, etc. Any coach who is not currently an Offensive Coordinator would take a job as an OC...it's a promotion. Yet, we are considering two average gents (one who is a failure and one who is an OC in name only with a record of failure elsewhere). You want sweet fruit?...go to a good, healthy tree (Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. ) and pick the young sweet fruit. Now go get your shine box.

Yeah, cause that always works. :lol:

Has nothing to do with Brady, Rodgers, Ryan or Wilson... It's the young ambitious QB coach!

The Packers have already blocked AVP from interviewing elsewhere. Maybe that was the team providing cover for him if he had no interest.... but the Packers are one team who regularly block interview requests so I think this is a case of just not wanting to let a guy go.

ok. After they are eliminated u think they'll let him or does no mean no?

You mad bro?

While I don't disagree that you could find a good OC that is someone's QB coach you do realize teams block these requests all the time now? Jim Bob Cooter was QB coach for Lions and Bears were denied chance to make him OC. You would have to have a team willing to part with their best up and comer and that doesn't happen if they are doing well with the QB.

When is the last time you saw something original by an NFL coach and his team? It's football.....not that complicated

I'm not seeing many " original" game plans winning in the NFL. Just about every coach in the NFL is a recycled failure from some otherNFL outpost .

Ken Dorsey, Duce Staley and Tom Clements (expiring contract) are coaches that I think deserve a look at as OC.

I would take a random shot over Olson. None of these guys would make me not take Childress. I am sure Sean McDermott hasn't worked his way up his entire career just to guess on his most important hire.

I would take a random shot over Olson. None of these guys would make me not take Childress. I am sure Sean McDermott hasn't worked his way up his entire career just to guess on his most important hire.

If he's as careful and diligent as promoted -- he brought his best "book" to the interview, but not his only one --- then this is a hire he has already contemplated with a developed rationale.

If he's as careful and diligent as promoted -- he brought his best "book" to the interview, but not his only one --- then this is a hire he has already contemplated with a developed rationale.

Yeah, that's why I doubt Olson is the guy. If he is then either McD is an idiot or we are tanking.