Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother with a coach if he means nothing.

Never said coaching means nothing. Tell me, would Marv be in Hall coaching this team? Would he take this team to four Super Bowls? If so why do I recall so many fans griping when the Bills hired him? Coaching means something but not as much as most of us seem to think. I didn't like Rex, but many did.

This would be a bad hire. Why hire a guy that's always been bad and all of a sudden expect him to be good? Didn't we just do that with Rob Ryan?

Their defense is in the midst of a rebuild and are starting to see the results. The Saints finished 7-9 and lost on a 2 pt. conversion as time expired and a blocked extra point that was run back for 2. They aren't that far...

An extra point that was blocked due to the official, despite staring right at this fiasco, allowing Jared Crick to push the long snapper of the Saints to the ground by the back of the neck, thereby making it possible for Justin Simmons to hurdle him cleanly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchieOSMS/status/798002299746603008/video/1

Edited by transient

I wonder if Childress is out, maybe we look at Nagy?

It was reported that Reid would block any requests to interview Nagy. If Childress isn't interested in leaving then he must be planning on retiring and is grooming Nagy to replace him

An extra point that was blocked due to the official, despite staring right at this fiasco, allowing Jared Crick to push the long snapper of the Saints to the ground by the back of the neck, thereby making it possible for Justin Simmons to hurdle him cleanly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchieOSMS/status/798002299746603008/video/1

He stepped out of bounds too (if I remember correctly).

Never said coaching means nothing. Tell me, would Marv be in Hall coaching this team? Would he take this team to four Super Bowls? If so why do I recall so many fans griping when the Bills hired him? Coaching means something but not as much as most of us seem to think. I didn't like Rex, but many did.

Yes it means something! And, no coach is going to turn a team of Arena league guys into a SB Winner. However, the athleticism in the NFL is much tighter than many believe. Therefore, these are very small margins we are working with, and coaching makes a huge a difference. Some coaches are able to go from spot to spot and maximize the players they have at every stop. I think what you are trying to say is there aren't that many good coaches around.

Edited by horned dogs

No thank you. AVP sucked as a OC here

He did, he was also thrown in as a last minute replacement and way over his head (and I also don't think he had a lot of talent helping him out.) One would think that 10 years learning as a coach in GB has helped him get ready for an opportunity like this.

Childress thinks he's hot **** from when he starred on Major Dad

HOF

Olson has pretty much just kicked around the drain in the NFL.

Rams, Jags, Raiders, Lions. Fired from all of them.

Id be pretty uninspired if hes who we're high on.

I agree. Not exactly offensive powerhouses either when he was at any of those places

Uninspiring retreads is pretty much our M.O. as an organization. I was at the game (in Tennessee) that led to Olson being fired as OC by the Jags. He deserved to be fired. That Olson is a "top" candidate tells you either (a) we lack imagination in our hiring processes or (b) anyone worth their salt wants no part of the Bills organization or ( c ) a combination of both.

Edited by October 1918

Didn't we have several members embracing the idea of Childress as OC and Olson as QB coach a few days ago...like this was some dream tandem? Based on this summary, I wouldn't let Olson call Dominos for my pizza.

Olson is a bad play caller. He isn't a terrible QB coach on track record.

I am not on board with him as OC. It feels like they have run out of choices and are left with the dregs.

Edited by GunnerBill

Olson is a bad play caller. He isn't a terrible QB coach on track record.

I am not on board with him as OC. It feels like they have run out of choices and are left with the dregs.

You may be right...the raw talent he had to work with is mostly uninspiring

@christrapasso

QBs Greg Olson has worked with:

Brees (Purdue)

Garcia

Kordell/Chandler/Grossman

Harrington

Bulger

Freeman

Henne

Pryor/McGloin

Carr