Reed83HOF

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who says there are blurred lines and undefined roles within the Bills organization?

Just because things aren't clear to the public doesn't mean there's no clarity at OBD.

I imagine roles and responsibilities undergo a periodic review as often happens in the business world. They may be somewhat negotiable with a new coach coming on board.

McDermott, Whaley, the Pegulas et al might be working these details out today.

C'mon, it's Florio. Never let facts get I'm the way of a good story.

Who says there are blurred lines and undefined roles within the Bills organization?

Just because things aren't clear to the public doesn't mean there's no clarity at OBD.

I imagine roles and responsibilities undergo a periodic review as often happens in the business world. They may be somewhat negotiable with a new coach coming on board.

as Whaley said in his presser, all of those things are negotiable with the new coach.

and as an outside hire coming in, you would think those lines are blurry until someone clarified. which is a fair commentary. we watch it as close as any outsider and have no idea.

Forget being top 7 in points, we rank 31st in passing!

Don't we rate 31st by choice though? The O strategy and the players they got was to be a top running team, which they were.

I willing to cut TT a bit more slack, in 2017. I thin our OLine in pass protection is not as good as we think. But mostly, the WR's were a joke. Some of those guys lined up on Sunday, I was like "who are they?". SW is the only quality one, when he is on the field and when he is healthy

They weren't good overall. What was dramatic was the massive drop in production when Aaron Williams went out (which is unacceptable).

FWIW, I had them at 20th in defensive points per game allowed, and when I factor in weighted scoring for yards per play allowed, first downs surrendered, and takeaways produced, I had them at 19th overall. If I were to factor in strength of schedule I could see them dropping a few spots.

Good to know about your own measure; thanks.

Don't we rate 31st by choice though? The O strategy and the players they got was to be a top running team, which they were.

no one chooses to be 31st in passing. you can make the most of what you have and end up there- but no one does that by choice.

Because it doesn't matter if you can rush your way to 50 pts if your team can't march down the field in a 2-minute drill and win a game in the fourth quarter, that's why. Do you actually watch the games or just read the stat line after?

It's been a weakness of Tyrod but he's improved and I think he could get better. Just took the team for a 90 yard TD to give them the lead against Miami with just over a minute left in regulation. ST and D blew it but that's not TT fault.

Scoring in the first 58 minutes is a lot more important. Ask Rob Johnson. People forget that guy lead them on many late game rallies including dramatic last second wins in AT KC and Tampa.......and losses courtesy of ST in Tennessee and SD. He just couldn't get interested unless the game was on the line.

TT is a bit too even keeled and methodical for my liking but I love the offense he runs. When he makes Khalil Mack look like Eddie Robinson on his way to an untouched 16 yard TD run that makes me just as happy as a pinpoint pass for a TD. For some of you, it does not.

But the Broncos just won a SB with an awful Peyton Manning leading their team so the ABSOLUTES that people throw around about what you must get from your QB are pretty laughable. :lol:

God save Sean if he doesn't at least get McCoy to be his OC.......could be McDermott to McDoormat in a hurry.

I think the fact we won 7-8 games the last 3 years without a competent 2 minute drill argues that with a little better D, we would be able to win more "consistently" and perhaps make the playoffs, but certainly to control our own fate about getting into the playoffs and to not just get there but WIN playoff games, we have to be able to come from behind. This really should not be a question.

At some point a blue print to shut your run game down will be established and copied; it will be used until you can beat it. You are just way too easy to defend. Even with TT stop the run and take away his first read with double coverage and force the plays to the middle of the field...It's not sustainable

I don't care how good your Defense is; at some point you will need to come from behind and running sin't going to get it done; especially if it is with the game on the line. Aaron Rodgers his known for his screen passes at the end of the half/game...

It's been a weakness of Tyrod but he's improved and I think he could get better. Just took the team for a 90 yard TD to give them the lead against Miami with just over a minute left in regulation. ST and D blew it but that's not TT fault.

Scoring in the first 58 minutes is a lot more important. Ask Rob Johnson. People forget that guy lead them on many late game rallies including dramatic last second wins in AT KC and Tampa.......and losses courtesy of ST in Tennessee and SD. He just couldn't get interested unless the game was on the line.

TT is a bit too even keeled and methodical for my liking but I love the offense he runs. When he makes Khalil Mack look like Eddie Robinson on his way to an untouched 16 yard TD run that makes me just as happy as a pinpoint pass for a TD. For some of you, it does not.

But the Broncos just won a SB with an awful Peyton Manning leading their team so the ABSOLUTES that people throw around about what you must get from your QB are pretty laughable. :lol:

God save Sean if he doesn't at least get McCoy to be his OC.......could be McDermott to McDoormat in a hurry.

He had 4 4thQ comebacks and 4 GWD in 2016 in 9 games in 2015. Along with 1 GWD and 1 4thQ comeback in the playoffs in 2015. TT has 2 in his career.

Let's just stop pretending TT is better than dead Peyton. He ain't. TT may have prettier numbers, but when the chips were down, Peyton scored and TT choked.

Edited by FireChan

Good to know about your own measure; thanks.

My eyeball test put the Bills around 25th to 27th defense in the NFL..........and I believe that's about where DVOA put them.

They weren't in the middle, which is where 19th would rank them.

It's a joke that people still lean on the Aaron Williams loss as a crutch. They missed him but not enough to prevent them from being a bad defense.

Like I said......Fitz absolutely scalded Aaron Williams lead D and the Aaron Williams lead Bills D had a maddening amount of trouble stopping a very poor Rams offense in LA and Ajayi had 87 yards on 8 carries in the second quarter before Williams got hurt in Miami.

The offensive opponents early in the season were quite feeble.

Is it more realistic to improve the defense a handful of spots, or to get a HoF QB?

Why does the QB need to be a HOF QB?

What if those draft picks and FA signing you bring in fail.

Why is it always such an extreme with Quarterbacks?

Its either HOF worthy or complete S(*&. There is never in between.

As we have seen in Buffalo, drafting position players has just as good a chance to flamer out than a QB does.

If you get a QB you can manage those flame outs better though...