• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He wasn't.

It went right over your head. As usual

He does but let's be real- are we gameplanning on him doing permanently what he did for tebow (which was often a struggle carried by a great defense) or do we think that he shoots for a qb that can operate his scheme?

I won't say anything is certain but in most cases you would expect something specific out of this and hope that his versatility is a good fall back or plan b. Maybe he likes tyrod though- we really don't know

I agree, I was just challenging the premise of your argument which I understood it to be that he would need a certain type of QB to be able to understand the complexities of his offense.

Would Jauron have been as bad with better GM over Marv and Russ? Once Schobel retired the team had no pass rush until Mario. The team traded away their all-pro LT who will probably make the HoF someday and then attempted to replace him with utter garbage.

Let's not forget that the guy did go 7-9 with Trent Edwards, JP Losman at QB. Which was better than Gailey with Nix ever did, better than Marrone his first season and just slightly under* Rex Ryan with a supposedly superior roster! Let's also not forget the massive amount of injuries that crippled his teams every season.

Another thing to remember that the owner was on the phone from Detroit every day for hours during the season and helped make his own picks in the draft.

As much as I disliked the guy as the Bills HC I think he would have done so much better in a quality situation.

I think he would have done better if he had more control over the roster. I remember him begging Marv to draft Kyle Williams in the 4th round but Marv loved Ko Simpson. Thank heavens Kyle was still around in the 5th. Marv caved and drafted Jauron's guy and the rest is history. I didn't like how this board trashed the guy for drafting so many DBs when he didn't make the decisions. We also hated his bend but don't break 4-3 defense but it did a decent of keeping the opponents point total down. We have had some decent coaches through the years but we have not had talented people throughout the organization since the days of Polian, Butler, and AJ Smith.

It went right over your head. As usual

I agree, I was just challenging the premise of your argument which I understood it to be that he would need a certain type of QB to be able to understand the complexities of his offense.

You believe Tebow successfully executed McCoy's offense?

Very optimistic about the McCoaching if true. I like it better than Lynn-Bradley.

Here in San Diego I keep up with McCoy pretty well, and have liked what I have seen in terms of offense, and I think he was a big part of Rivers rebirth, even though the team didn't have enough talent to win. He hasn't had running talent here, and has passed a ton, so interesting to see if he can break that habit and adjust to our different talent, but he is a great mind so I would expect him to adapt quickly.

Very optimistic about the McCoaching if true. I like it better than Lynn-Bradley.

Here in San Diego I keep up with McCoy pretty well, and have liked what I have seen in terms of offense, and I think he was a big part of Rivers rebirth, even though the team didn't have enough talent to win. He hasn't had running talent here, and has passed a ton, so interesting to see if he can break that habit and adjust to our different talent, but he is a great mind so I would expect him to adapt quickly.

i follow them relatively closely too. they could never sustain a healthy OL. It was always patchwork. Not sure if that's on the GM as they invested resources in it, just seemed like they never had 5 starters consistently out there. Painful to watch them at times try to protect for rivers.

Why is everyone so obsessed with a better passing offense if we were tops in the league in points scored?

And we didn't turn the ball over.

What are the chances all of this improves without Tyrod and a different offense? Slim to none.

Because it doesn't matter if you can rush your way to 50 pts if your team can't march down the field in a 2-minute drill and win a game in the fourth quarter, that's why. Do you actually watch the games or just read the stat line after?

I agree but I felt like there was a chance to keep some continuity with Lynn and Tyrod on offense the have Bradley fix the defense. That would be good enough for a 10 win season. If Whaley wants to go in this other direction to make a splash that's fine but who the heck is the QB?

Lynn would not be the OC, so how would that represent continuity on offense?

No it's best to trust an organization that for 20 years doesn't know what the heck it's doing and is the laughing stock of the league. Some of us are smart enough to know what to expect from a brand new coaching staff with all new plays and no QB. If anyone was planning on doing some traveling or unplugging and going off the grid for a while then fall of 2017 might be a good opportunity to do so.

I feel sad when people have to call themselves smart, it's like you gave yourself a gold star and are walking around waiting for people to ask what it's for.

Oh and seriously, Screw PFT. I am sick and tired of their pissy little articles. I swear Florio actually thinks he's super witty.

Edited by ndirish1978

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/sean-mcdermott-meeting-with-pegulas-on-wednesday/

"McDermott, who has had other interviews both last year and this year, has had no other offers. If he wants to be an NFL head coach now, he’ll need to accept the job in Buffalo. Even if it will be harder for him to succeed in Buffalo given the blurred lines and undefined roles and responsibilities in the front office."

"McDermott needs to know who has the power — both on paper and as a practical matter. What does G.M. Doug Whaley actually do? What does team president Russ Brandon actually do? Who will I be dealing with when it comes to running the team?"

This is looking like another Pegula hire as they are conducting the second interview from their home in Fla.

ron-howard-the-dilemma-set.jpg

Because it doesn't matter if you can rush your way to 50 pts if your team can't march down the field in a 2-minute drill and win a game in the fourth quarter, that's why. Do you actually watch the games or just read the stat line after?

You could argue that we wouldn't be forced into those situations if we had a marginally better defense, too.

I wish it was a simple as every makes it out.

You could argue that we wouldn't be forced into those situations if we had a marginally better defense, too.

No you really can't. Every team has to be able to run a 2 minute drill and not be 1 dimensional on offense to win consistently. You have to be able to come from behind.

If you can rush your way to 50 pts and need to go to a hurry-up offense in the final 2 minutes to win the game, you have much bigger problems than QB,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/sean-mcdermott-meeting-with-pegulas-on-wednesday/

"McDermott, who has had other interviews both last year and this year, has had no other offers. If he wants to be an NFL head coach now, he’ll need to accept the job in Buffalo. Even if it will be harder for him to succeed in Buffalo given the blurred lines and undefined roles and responsibilities in the front office."

"McDermott needs to know who has the power — both on paper and as a practical matter. What does G.M. Doug Whaley actually do? What does team president Russ Brandon actually do? Who will I be dealing with when it comes to running the team?"

This is looking like another Pegula hire as they are conducting the second interview from their home in Fla.

ron-howard-the-dilemma-set.jpg

It is?

Leroi himself--who I know you respect--has said that everyone is on the same page with this hire.