• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:bag:

The only way I can reconcile what Leroi said to this is that Pegs wanted Lynn Monos wanted McDermott and Whaley someone else...

Who's on third? :blink:

from what i gather it wasn't that he didn't want mcdermott but that he wanted to keep interviewing before making a decision.

.could be McDermott to McDoormat in a hurry.

Aww dammit. Part of the reason I liked this hire is there wasn't an obvious play on the name!

Maroon

Wrecks

and now you've taken that from me! :lol:

Manning had a really good comeback against KC early last year after really struggling all game......but the rest were basically just the Broncos getting a score in the final quarter of the game and their D being stingy.

4th Q comebacks are a :rolleyes: stat.......tell me how many times a QB brings their team to a score that gives them a lead inside 2 mins left in the game. THAT is a real 4th quarter comeback........not kicking a decisive field goal with 13 mins left in the 4th quarter after the opponent turned it over in their own territory........which technically is a 4th quarter comeback. :lol:

There are maybe a half dozen QB's that can consistently put points on the board with very little time left........and some of them were home watching the playoffs. :beer:

Seriously 4th quarter comebacks is such a stupid stat.

If a QB plays great for 3 quarters and the team has a commanding lead no credit for a 4th quarter comeback

If a defense scores a td and the team takes the lead the QB gets credit for a 4th quarter comeback

If a team scores on the first play of the 4th quarter to take the lead, 4th quarter comeback.

Here is some fun too (and a great example in making stats useless):

Aaron Rodgers has 10 4th quarter comebacks. He averages about 1 per year. Same as Tyrod. Also averages about 1 every 15 starts same as Tyrod.

Jay Cutler has 21 4th quarter comebacks. Clearly he is a clutch qb. :rolleyes:

Dave Krieg had 24 which is more than Jim Kelly (22).

Tony Romo who many consider anti-clutch has 25.

Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, and Jay Fiedler (as well as a bunch of other scrubs) have the same as Kurt Warner.

This is the first Bills coaching search that I can remember where I have had no enthusiasm for the candidates and who was hired. I guess Brady's success in *NE has left me with a diminished respect for the importance of the head coach in a team's ultimate success. It's all about the QB, baby.

With that said, I will stand behind the hire of McDermott and hope he pleasantly surprises us.

I'm perfectly fine with McDermott and McCoy. But there won't be any Tyrod trade.

Nobody else will want to pick up his contract. That forces the Bills to either keep him (unlikely) or cut him. When he's cut, anyone can pick him up on a new deal on their own terms without giving anything up. He'll end up with a two-year contract somewhere for less than what Osweiler get.

I think you have it backwards.

The Bills won't want to trade Tyrod, because picking up his option then trading them would leave them with a $15.5M cap hit, all accelerated into this year.

A potential partner *would* want to trade for Tyrod, because the part of his contract they'd be liable for (2017: $12M rising to $13.6 in 2018; only 2017 guaranteed and only for injury) is a "deal" for a QB with his demonstrated level of contribution to the offense. There will likely be several interested parties if he hits FA and the chances he would cost a team more than that, signing bonus considered, is very high.