Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think Whaley is drafting a QB and intends to start him right away

I guess nothing would surprise me...but what happens when the finish 4-12, and miss the playoffs for the 18th straight year? Then they fire Whaley, and hire a new guy who wants to pick his own coach? What a mess...

Patriots philosophy is make them defend "every blade of grass". I think with TT teams only had to defend a putting green. Time to get a traditional QB.

No offense but that is a terrible analogy in this case. TT's mobility makes him an unknown and capable of being in a lot of places. A QB that is a statue is the putting green. You actually tried to insult him and got the insult backwards!!

I guess nothing would surprise me...but what happens when the finish 4-12, and miss the playoffs for the 18th straight year? Then they fire Whaley, and hire a new guy who wants to pick his own coach? What a mess...

Yeah - This job is not very enticing to any of the solid candidates. We'll be the niners in 2 years. Whaley hires Lynn... Lynn will be terrible. He'll fire Lynn, bring in someone else... The roster is still terrible. Then we'll finally clean house.

Edited by dneveu

Schefter says - "When the Bills didn't play quarterback Tyrod Taylor in their regular-season finale on Sunday against the New York Jets, it sent the message that the team does not intend to pick up the $15.5 million option bonus in his contract that they have until March 11 to exercise."

And your title is -

Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

You have a major reading comprehension problem.

At no point in there did Schefter say the "decision is made - Tyrod is gone".

You just made the whole thing up. = This entire thread is a load of crap about nothing because the thing you said happened never actually happened.

Nice job manufacturing more bullschit soap opera drama.

Good point.

I dont get why the media is reading sitting Taylor as "the team is moving on", instead of "their season was done, HC fired, they want next HC to have input on QB and didnt want that decision dictated by a freak injury".

Oh yeah, clicks.

No offense but that is a terrible analogy in this case. TT's mobility makes him an unknown and capable of being in a lot of places. A QB that is a statue is the putting green. You actually tried to insult him and got the insult backwards!!

The better teams forced TT to be a QB and force him to play QB and he failed. I heard several def players say the way to stop TT is to make him be a QB. When they shut down his running ability he was unable to pass to win

It's pretty simple IMO. You have 2 options:

1) Keep TT and the offense and try to fix the defense. A functioning defense and the Bills are certainly playing this weekend.

2) Hit the reset button and tear it down. Reset the table, let the old guys walk, clear your bad contracts, play the young guys and try to get Darnold.

Either move forward and fight for a playoff spot or bottom out. Downgrading the QB position this year and expecting improvement isn't an option. That's flat stupid. If you like one of the top guys in this draft go ahead at 10 but I'd prefer to wait for the better guys in 2018.

Don't even worry your pretty little head about the contract. It does not matter one bit. If the Bills don't pick him up, Taylor becomes the belle of the free agency ball. He'll make 3X more money there.

If that were to be the case, which I think your sentiment is correct just way off on your figures, we should pick up his option and trade him.

The better teams forced TT to be a QB and force him to play QB and he failed. I heard several def players say the way to stop TT is to make him be a QB. When they shut down his running ability he was unable to pass to win

To be fair, he did pass to win against Jax and Miami. He did get better in this area over the course of the season. And having a semi-healthy Watkins vs Miami was obviously huge for him.

Whether it is with Big Ben or smaller sized qbs the GM knows the importance of the ability to see the whole field and use the whole field an essential trait for that position. What makes Big Ben great is beyond his size (which certainly is appealing) is that when the play is extended he can react to what develops down field.

Go back and review most of TT's completions. What you don't often see is he throwing rhythm passes to spots before the receiver makes his moves. Many people extol the virtue of TT not throwing many interceptions. There is a negative aspect to it because he is unwilling to trust his eyes and throw into tight coverage.

In my opinion Whaley has made a judgment on what TT is capable of. He would be willing to keep him but at a lower price. I'm not criticizing the GM for being appropriately analytical in coming to a decision in this case.

Big Ben through 2 years:

5,219 total yards, 5006 passing yards, 38 total tds, 34 passing tds, 20 ints, 98.4 rating, 64.55 completion %

Tyrod through 2 years starting:

7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

Bills fans have no idea what it is to watch a young qb grow. There will be ups and downs but when a guy compares favorably with someone like Big Ben or Russell Wilson through their first 2 years they should be worth holding onto. Seriously when was the last qb the Bills developed? Jim Kelly who started professionally for 2 years before coming to the Bills? I guess I can give that one. So 30 years ago Bills fans watched a qb grow. It's not all sunshine and roses while someone learns to play the position and there is a lot more good than bad with Tyrod. I really hope this isn't true.

Would any Bills fan be afraid of the Bills facing Taylor as an opponent? The answer's no, hence the reason why the Bills are ready to move on. Having a steady, do no harm QB is not a reason to keep a guy. They must keep looking for their franchise QB like Oakland found in Derek Carr.

That had nothing to do with "defending every blade of grass." That means that you have to fly to the ball wherever it is. TT improvises a lot and can be in a lot of different places (both good and bad). That would be the "defend every blade of grass" analogy not the putting green.

I'm not buying that this decision has been made.

But, If we assume it is true for a second, it means rebuild in my mind. And, that it will be a rookie, not a FA like TT. When I say rookie, that could well mean Cardale Jones competes with a first round pick.

What I think some people are missing is that they assume Whaley is gone after 1 year. If it is a rebuld, with a NEW HC, NEW QB, NEW DC etc. I'm not so sure he is gone. There will certainly be plenty of reasons/excuses to some why he should continue.

The bar will be pretty low, all the Pegulas need to believe is Doug got the chance to pick his guys and we're heading in the right direction.

Having said that I go back to my original comment, I don't buy that the decisions been made. The comment about "we are close", make no sense if that is the case.

The fly in the ointment to this theory is the Bills have a trade in mind like Rivers or something. That would change everything.

Big Ben through 2 years:

5,219 total yards, 5006 passing yards, 38 total tds, 34 passing tds, 20 ints, 98.4 rating, 64.55 completion %

Tyrod through 2 years starting:

7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

Bills fans have no idea what it is to watch a young qb grow. There will be ups and downs but when a guy compares favorably with someone like Big Ben or Russell Wilson through their first 2 years they should be worth holding onto. Seriously when was the last qb the Bills developed? Jim Kelly who started professionally for 2 years before coming to the Bills? I guess I can give that one. So 30 years ago Bills fans watched a qb grow. It's not all sunshine and roses while someone learns to play the position and there is a lot more good than bad with Tyrod. I really hope this isn't true.

These stats speak volumes

Good point.

I dont get why the media is reading sitting Taylor as "the team is moving on", instead of "their season was done, HC fired, they want next HC to have input on QB and didnt want that decision dictated by a freak injury".

Oh yeah, clicks.

Whaley even said flat out in his interview that if the Bills were still in the playoff hunt, Tyrod would have started the last game.

That does not sound like a Gm who has "moved on" from that quarterback. That Schefter story is clickbait bullschit and the person who started this thread took that clickbait bullschitt and twisted it even more into something it is not and then posted it like it was actual news.

This is emotional gossip that was bastardized into more emotional gossip none of which is based on the truth at all.