Polian says candidates have reason to be wary of Buffalo

Dallas players in that 4th Super Bowl talked about how going into halftime the Bills had kicked their butts and dominated the game, but were walking around acting like they were losing.

I think the mental part got to them in #4. They should have won #1 and #4, IMO. #2 and #3 they were just outclassed.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, definitely mental by the fourth supe. Even Thurmans fumble / return TD only tied the game. The Bills sideline looked like they just lost. XXV wasn't mental, just out coached which kept the score closer than it should have been. Then a 47 yd FG needed to win because the Bills wasted about 35 seconds during the two minute drill. Supes XXVI and XXVII could have been played ten times and the Bills would have lost nine of them. Those teams were just better from top to bottom.

Yeah, definitely mental by the fourth supe. Even Thurmans fumble / return TD only tied the game. The Bills sideline looked like they just lost. XXV wasn't mental, just out coached which kept the score closer than it should have been. Then a 47 yd FG needed to win because the Bills wasted about 35 seconds during the two minute drill. Supes XXVI and XXVII could have been played ten times and the Bills would have lost nine of them. Those teams were just better from top to bottom.

Thurman's fumble only tied the game. Thurman's sulking on the bench afterwards killed the team psychologically. I've never forgiven him for that.

Dallas players in that 4th Super Bowl talked about how going into halftime the Bills had kicked their butts and dominated the game, but were walking around acting like they were losing.

I think the mental part got to them in #4. They should have won #1 and #4, IMO. #2 and #3 they were just outclassed.

Thurman's fumble only tied the game. Thurman's sulking on the bench afterwards killed the team psychologically. I've never forgiven him for that.

All of these point to a lack of leadership.

How do you explain getting to the playoffs all those consecutive years?

Winning the AFC championship 4 consecutive years?

Lack of discipline? I don't think that's the story.

Marv really needed to hire a sports psychologist. Clearly - after the first Super Bowl loss (a game that could have gone either way) - the Super Bowl got into the heads of the players. They tried too hard. They expected something to go wrong. They were too tight...

Wow. That is a really good point and original take. I never thought of psychology and the traumatic stress that 1st one may have caused. Anyone know a good music psychologist?

We're gonna party like it's 1985.

I wasnt alive till a few years later but hell yeah!!!! Coke and stripper parties for all of us!! And those high class hooky girls that you cant find on the street cuz you have to know someone to hire them

What does Polian know, he's only taken 3 teams to the superbowl, we got Doug "not privy" Whaley. :doh:

2, only has 1 Super Bowl ring, Polian was a great GM, but let's not like he was infallible and was the greatest thing ever,

Doug is a dead man walking. He is being entrusted to sort this mess out, and he is not up to that job.

He'll be gone soon enough. Only question is when. I say after next year.

Then they should have done it already. If this is accurate then it just makes the owners look worse.

I'm not reading all 13 pages but will say it makes me worried about things when we have sources that say the pegula trust Polian immensely and polian running his mouth about the disfunction publicly.

Of the things that raised eyebrows for me lately the dynamic that might be brewing there is one that worries me

I'm not reading all 13 pages but will say it makes me worried about things when we have sources that say the pegula trust Polian immensely and polian running his mouth about the disfunction publicly.

Of the things that raised eyebrows for me lately the dynamic that might be brewing there is one that worries me

It worries me, too.

With all of the drama that's surrounded this team over the last two years, the one common denominator is the Pegulas.

It worries me, too.

With all of the drama that's surrounded this team over the last two years, the one common denominator is the Pegulas.

I love what they've done saving the team.

I would also say this: there was a TON of drama around the Sabres when they first took over, but once the first few years went by things settled down over there. We forget that they sent Lindy packing, kept Darcy (who everyone hated) then fired him and his puppet coach out of nowhere mid-season and that same day had Pat L and Ted freaking Nolan come in to take over.

That would be similar to Whaley and Lynn getting fired next November and the very same day Jim Kelly is named GM and Marv Levy takes over to coach the team for the rest of the season. Of course, Pat L lasted like two months in his job.

So the Pegulas are no strangers to drama and "splash" moves. Let's hope they learned from the Sabres and things calm down with the Bills soon.

Unless it's true that he's been given an "ultimatum" of a year to get the franchise winning, along with a coaching change which may mean need for new scheme/new players?

The Pegulas could do anything. All these media sources are just guessing, IMO.

It wouldn't shock me if they fired Whaley tomorrow because they change their minds quickly. That's extreme, but they do extreme things. I obviously do not expect it, nor should they do it, but they have shown a propensity for upheaval.

I still love them anyway. Gotta take the good with the bad. We have a team to argue about and cheer for because of them.

Edited by TheFunPolice