John Murphy Yells at 11 Year Old for Criticizing Whaley

26CornerBlitz

Finally found it.

Hour 3; 27:40

The kid is Cameron in Hamburg. Sounds like a young boy.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/117920600/12-27-john-murphy-show-hr-3.htm?pageid=1114062Funny that John Murphy started to say "We're not looking to assign blame" and then corrected himself to say "I'm not looking to assign blame."

Listening to his show is like listening to the Deutsche Wochenschau in late 1944, as the host assures the listener that the war in Russia is going splendidly and soon the final victory will be at hand.

:lol:

Godwin

Close the thread.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally found it.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/117920600/12-27-john-murphy-show-hr-3.htm?pageid=1114062

Funny that John Murphy started to say "We're not looking to assign blame" and then corrected himself to say "I'm not looking to assign blame."

Listening to his show is like listening to the Deutsche Wochenschau in late 1944, as the host assures the listener that the war in Russia is going splendidly and soon the final victory will be at hand.

:lol: What a nitwit!

It's a product. A product you can choose to either buy or not buy. No one is making you stick with the product.

Typical LA take.

It's a product but it's the only local option. That's enough.......but it's further muddied by that little local taxpayer subsidization issue that not just *any* product is given.

If you only have one ISP option in your area.......and they do a sh*tty job and overcharge.......you have the right to complain, right?

Right.

Enough said.

Next time you have an opinion..........like when you incessantly shouted down fans here 15 years ago with a mocking "DOOOOOOOOOOOMED" when they questioned the direction of the organization :doh: .............just keep it to yourself because your track record can be summed up in one word:

WRONG :thumbdown:

Murphy and the others on WGR were treating callers harshly. Geez guys, let the fans vent. They are the ones who listen to your station. If the caller sounds like a loon, step out of the way and let them go. It makes for better radio.

Murphy and the others on WGR were treating callers harshly. Geez guys, let the fans vent. They are the ones who listen to your station. If the caller sounds like a loon, step out of the way and let them go. It makes for better radio.

I've got nothing against Murph but as Labbatt said........he's not good on Bills broadcasts.

I don't listen to his show but he's not very observant or even the least bit quick witted so I wouldn't expect it to be very good.

There are journeyman pbp guys working WAC volleyball games like Jim Brinson that would be much better than Murph but he just fell into the job.

He is basically a guy with a huge head and friendly smile that read well off of a teleprompter........a great combo for a tv sportscaster but none of that translates to radio.

Finally found it.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/117920600/12-27-john-murphy-show-hr-3.htm?pageid=1114062

Funny that John Murphy started to say "We're not looking to assign blame" and then corrected himself to say "I'm not looking to assign blame."

HAHAHA. !@#$ing great.

It doesn't sound like he was yelling at the kid to me. It sounds like he was being an eccentric radio personality. I don't ever listen to his show, but geez is this really a thing? We really going to get mad at John Murphy for talking loudly about how he thinks the problem should be fixed? I also think I'd be exasperated if people kept wanting to fire Whaley for drafting EJ. :wallbash: I thought drafting QB's was what we want to do? Oh, we only want the HOF ones, got it.

Edited by What a Tuel

I don't agree with Murph's comment of "Just fix the problem." Well sorry Murph, to fix the problem, sometimes people get fired and hopefully more capable people brought in to fix the problem. I'm not sure Doug Whaley is doing all that great of a job evaluating talent. So maybe to fix the problem, Doug Whaley might need to go, or is it the scouts? How does New England consistently restock the shelves? With good talent evaluation. We need to hire those guys to work for Buffalo.

:thumbdown: It was bad!

@ByTimGraham

We've identified kid John Murphy blasted for saying Whaley should be fired. We'll have that 11-year-old on "Tim Graham Show" tomorrow night.

Murph is such a homer and gets too personally involved with the people of the organization which keeps him from properly evaluating the situation.

He probably didn't realize this was a kid, he also went off on another person late in the show saying these are peoples lives we are talking about, which is true but being an entertainer brings public scrutiny that needs a thick skin.

I just got banned on BBMB for criticizing Whaley. They're doing their best to squash any blame that may be attributed to their GM.

Glad I never went over there, I wouldn't have lasted long lol.

I was stuck at the Wendy's drive thru in Orchard Park one day behind Murph- he was cursing out the teenager running the window about his order of fries (apparently there weren't enough of them). Don't rattle Murph's cage.

Murph is a big boy. They say the camera adds ten pounds but for him I think it takes off 50. I saw him in person a training camp and couldn't believe how big he was.

Guys - living in FL, I put the WGR app when I can in the season, typically on Mondays, Fridays, and Sundays. Given, we all work, I don't get a daily dose of Murph like you.

I don't mind his show especially when he has on Steve Tasker the other day, Chris Brown, and so on. He is a bit of a homer, but that was response to a little boy, who you could tell practiced what he was going to say and probably wrote it out was tactless. He tried to backpedal in the end when he said, "I'm probably frustrated too". You think, barking at an 11 yr old.

Save your rants for adults who have no problem differing in their opinions to Murph's.

It doesn't sound like he was yelling at the kid to me. It sounds like he was being an eccentric radio personality. I don't ever listen to his show, but geez is this really a thing? We really going to get mad at John Murphy for talking loudly about how he thinks the problem should be fixed? I also think I'd be exasperated if people kept wanting to fire Whaley for drafting EJ. :wallbash: I thought drafting QB's was what we want to do? Oh, we only want the HOF ones, got it.

I heard it live as well and thought he sounded frustrated in his response, not really yelling. I'm sure it can be frustrating at times as fans always are looking for heads to roll when things go wrong.

They werent handling it well at all either. Why dont they do more interviews/features... screen callers better. The way it was done and their stance was embarrassing... and Im normally a fan of the Murphy show

I mean, he stopped just short of pretending not to know who Russ Brandon was until he flipped through the media guide to find him and learned he was team President. Then asked Donald Jones what he thought, and Jones came in with the typical responses that the President of the team is somehow walled off to only deal with Foam Finger inventory and 'selling' season tickets.