EJ time! Starting vs Jets

KDIGGZ

Or the bills are moving on from Taylor and are eliminating any circumstance in which they are forced to kepp him.

And Whaley made this call, getting ready to unload TT and put in his fav choice EJ. Saddle the next coach with him and get ready for 0 for the 20's without a playoff appearance

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Whaley still pushing EJM?

:lol:

Whaley might not get the chance to select the next head coach.

Already announced he will be leading the search.

Whaley may or may not still have hopes for EJM, but this is 100% a business move, make no mistake. It's all about not risking injury to TT that would trigger his $27.5 injury guarantee. It doesn't mean the Bills will necessarily move on from TT, it just means they don't want to be locked into him as they search for a HC.

Un-effing-believable. Tyrod Taylor, whatever his flaws, has had an objectively solid season and has played well lately. Manuel's contract is up and he is not as good as Taylor. Some here are no doubt looking forward to celebrating drafting 13th instead of 17th -- as if that will change things.

Maybe that too, but I think it is an audition for EJ as trade bait?

Maybe that too, but I think it is an audition for EJ as trade bait?

He is a UFA, so I don't think he's going to be traded

Once financial concerns override winning, then you're going to have a problem with motivation. The Bills are going to mail this game in. No question in my mind.

Both teams will be mailing it in. Jets have been mailing it in for several weeks so they might be better at it. The players know why he isn't out there. They know that he was out there until they were eliminated, because financial concern didn't override winning until winning no longer mattered. In this case it's only one game, fortunately they were in contention until the 2nd last game.

Last time Fitz played EJ, at Houston 2014, it was the nail in EJ's coffin and he never saw the starting job again. We've come full circle. Kind of.

Well, I for one hope EJ lights the Jets up, and he becomes a Hall of Fame QB for the Bills.

I mean, I don't expect any of that, but it'd certainly be nice :lol:

A Lynn sounds like he needs A Clue. Contradicting himself saying EJ was "our decision" and then went back on it and said he didn't have a say. I realize even the best coaches aren't great at press conferences but this is tough to listen to

Once financial concerns override winning, then you're going to have a problem with motivation. The Bills are going to mail this game in. No question in my mind.

That's not a profit/loss issue though but building a 53 man roster for next year being higher priority than winning a meaningless game. Essentially they are putting meaningful games over meaningless games

Pretty clear from Lynn presser it was not his decision to start EJ.

Not that he's not ok with it. But he wasn't part of the decision.

He is the interim HC for one meaningless toilet bowl of a game. Probably only because they need someone to decide whether to kick a field goal or go for it. 90% of his time will still be being the OC. EJ over TT was not a football decision, it was a business one. Nothing surprising about this to me.

He is the interim HC for one meaningless toilet bowl of a game. Probably only because they need someone to decide whether to kick a field goal or go for it. 90% of his time will still be being the OC. EJ over TT was not a football decision, it was a business one. Nothing surprising about this to me.

It would have been idiotic and "Billsy" to start TT with the possibility of the injury clause kicking in to guarantee $30M.

@ChrisBrownBills

Based on early QB rotation during individual pos drills order is EJ, Cardale w/Tyrod not seeing much work. Could be 3rd QB Sun. #Bills

it isn't EJ vs TT I'm referring to. Its EJ vs Cardale.

It's putting two years of meaningful games over one meaningless. That's the epitome of a practical football decision

it isn't EJ vs TT I'm referring to. Its EJ vs Cardale.

Cardale apparently hasn't been doing anything all season but run the practice squad, so my assumption is he simply isn't ready or maybe they already know he sucks based on practices. Anyway, he is apparently getting 2nd team reps this week so who knows, maybe he gets in at some point Sunday.

It was pretty clear that he wasn't part of the decision but that all decisions like that are "our" decisions, meaning the team, the exact same way that Whaley talks and Terry talks and most everyone agrees is the right way to talk.

Fine, until he said he wasn't in the room. That was a flub. Should've just stuck to the party line of it being a collective decision.

I would bet anything he wasn't in the room. Why would he be in the room? That decision was made before the decision to fire Rex (on this specific day) was made.

I know he wasn't. Why not just say - management made that decision for business reasons and I'm comfortable with it. He said that elsewhere in the interview but he wasn't consistent.

I know he wasn't. Why not just say - management made that decision for business reasons and I'm comfortable with it. He said that elsewhere in the interview but he wasn't consistent.

Because that is a terrible thing to say in public regardless of its truth and there is no way his GM or his owners want him to say that? They would be furious I imagine.

Because that is a terrible thing to say in public regardless of its truth and there is no way his GM or his owners want him to say that? They would be furious I imagine.

Why is it a terrible thing to say Kelly? They made a prudent business decision (FOR A CHANGE), what's the big deal? Plus it's obvious to everyone that's what happened, so why not just say it out loud, instead of insulting the media and the fans (and their interim coach) by playing it coy?

Why is it a terrible thing to say Kelly? They made a prudent business decision (FOR A CHANGE), what's the big deal? Plus it's obvious to everyone that's what happened, so why not just say it out loud, instead of insulting the media and the fans (and their interim coach) by playing it coy?

Because no team and nobody says in public that money is the reason one player plays and another doesn't. Or that we are not trying to win. It opens up an enormous can of worms. I can't think of another team or coach or GM or owner who has said something like that. And if he does say yes, it was a business decision to not get TT hurt, then the press jumps all over that and has a dozen more questions that Lynn couldn't and shouldn't and shouldn't have to answer.

Players will say it.

Because no team and nobody says in public that money is the reason one player plays and another doesn't. Or that we are not trying to win. It opens up an enormous can of worms. I can't think of another team or coach or GM or owner who has said something like that. And if he does say yes, it was a business decision to not get TT hurt, then the press jumps all over that and has a dozen more questions that Lynn couldn't and shouldn't and shouldn't have to answer.

Players will say it.

Tomlin just announced that Big Ben and several other starters won't play Sunday. Granted it is only the Browns they are playing but doing that admits that winning that particular game is not their top priority.