Goodbye Dan Carpenter!

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The play that was decisive in the dolphins final regulation drive was the weak and very returnable kick by carpenter. That's on whaley - toggling betwwen only carpenter and the carpenter-gay combo because carpenter can't consistently kick deep kickoffs is and always was ridiculous. Most teams have no problem finding new kickers all the time. This has been going on for a couple of years, which is inexcusable. If carpenter kicks that deep, the bills win the game.

The play that was decisive in the dolphins final regulation drive was the weak and very returnable kick by carpenter. That's on whaley - toggling betwwen only carpenter and the carpenter-gay combo because carpenter can't consistently kick deep kickoffs is and always was ridiculous. Most teams have no problem finding new kickers all the time. This has been going on for a couple of years, which is inexcusable. If carpenter kicks that deep, the bills win the game.

Correct. But Gay was cut (again) so that they could stash Logan Thomas on the roster. Think about that...

The kicker is the least of the problems on this team. The defense just gave up 34 points and you want to cut the kicker? Gay can't kick FG, that's why Carp.

Sorry, just going through some of the excuses I got when I called for Carp to be cut weeks ago. Now he single-handedly kicked us out of the playoffs. Somehow he had enough guts to tackle the KR for Miami, but not enough guts to face the music. Don't let the door hitya where the Good Lord $hitya.

I didn't get why the Bills didn't pooch kick it after they went ahead by three points? The Dolphins were getting good field position on kickoffs, so it was another boneheaded move to kick it deep which the Dolphins had another good run back.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

The kicker is the least of the problems on this team. The defense just gave up 34 points and you want to cut the kicker? Gay can't kick FG, that's why Carp.

Sorry, just going through some of the excuses I got when I called for Carp to be cut weeks ago. Now he single-handedly kicked us out of the playoffs. Somehow he had enough guts to tackle the KR for Miami, but not enough guts to face the music. Don't let the door hitya where the Good Lord $hitya.

The team has lots of problems, but most teams have lots of close games where kicking decides the game. As in baseball, it's incumbent on a gm to get a competent closer. You have to figure that you'll be in a number of close games over the course of a season.

I didn't get why the Bills didn't pooch kick it after they went ahead by three points? The Dolphins were getting good field position on kickoffs, so it was another boneheaded move to kick it deep which the Dolphins had another good run back.

Try and kick it deep, but actually kick it deep as opposed to trying and failing multiple times. Edited by dave mcbride

I was hoping for a squibb kick as well.... Out coached everywhere today.

missed extra points regularly, missed field goals all the time, cant kick onside kicks. worst kicker in the league two years in a row. im a whaley supporter but if this guy is our kicker again next year cant really stick up for him. saying there is no better options out there is ridiculous, it would be near impossible to find someone worse

missed extra points regularly, missed field goals all the time, cant kick onside kicks. worst kicker in the league two years in a row. im a whaley supporter but if this guy is our kicker again next year cant really stick up for him. saying there is no better options out there is ridiculous, it would be near impossible to find someone worse

Carp missed 6 FG's (2 today) and 5 XPs this year.