Goodbye Dan Carpenter!

26CornerBlitz

Carp has missed 6 FG and 5 XP this year. Needs to be better but...

Oak K has missed 6 FG and 2 XP

Den missed 4 FG and 1 XP

NE missed 3 FG and 3 XP

Ari missed 7 FG and 4 XP

Sea missed 4 FG and 5 XP

Bal missed 1 FG and 0 XP

Dal missed 5 FG and 0 XP

GB missed 4 FG and 2 XP

Minn missed 4 FG and 7 XP

SD missed 6 FG and 4 XP

Car missed 5 FG and 3 XP

Cin missed 7 FG and 6 XP

Was missed 7 FG and 3 XP

That's just some and the Balt kicker is obviously is the goal, but Carp isn't much different than the rest of the league. He's average and the Bills can win with him. Not much else out there, who do you replace him with?

And for the person who posted they think Rex messed with his head last year I think is correct and Carp hasn't been the same since that incident.

How many of the misses of other kickers cost their teams a chance to win. Without even looking, I have Seattle and Miami for us. Those 2 put us in the playoffs.

Carpenter is a good Kicker. better than the league Avg.

He is fine. Kickers are going to miss kicks.

Perhaps we should allow a RB to get 200+ yards rushing.

Or maybe have 11 men on the field on defense.

Or not punt in overtime when you need a win.

but hey, im just a fan who is emotionless, so maybe i need to feel more passion and Hope terrible things to Carp like most of you.......

Are you saying we should address all those isssues, except the K issue?

In my book, Norwood >>>>>>>>>>> Carp. Scott stood at his locker after SB XXV, and took every question for hours. He only left when the reporters stopped asking questions. Carp snuck away like a thief in the night. This is the mental toughness that Rex has instilled. Pu$$ies like Sammy who run OB with the game on the line. Pu$$ies like Carp who can't face the music when they choke away the season. Bullies indeed. They got punched in the mouth and ran home to mommy Rex.

Would have been a helluva lot better if Norwood made the kick. Big deal he took questions. They were probably stupid questions anyway.

And 'for hours'? Really?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of the misses of other kickers cost their teams a chance to win. Without even looking, I have Seattle and Miami for us. Those 2 put us in the playoffs.

Are you saying we should address all those isssues, except the K issue?

yes because the Kicker is a kicker.

Allowing a team to rush for 200+ yards usually means you lose

Not having a full team on the file is easy fix. but apparently not for Rex and his staff

Having a prepped team both Offensively and Defensively weekly. A lot of wasted TO's

Punting when you know that a Tie or a loss ends your chances is a joke.

AKA HC needs to go.

There are many kickers who miss kicks to win games. Its not just a buffalo thing. They are interchangeable. If you want to change him out for someone else, sure go ahead. I guarantee you that kicker is also going to miss game winning kicks in his career.

I can't have a kicker missing big kicks when games matter. Can't have it.

So this is only a Buffalo issue then?

Because I'm pretty sure i can go back every week and find a missed FG that cost a team a game. but again, what do I know.

Not having a full team on the file is easy fix. but apparently not for Rex and his staff

Having a prepped team both Offensively and Defensively weekly. A lot of wasted TO's

AKA HC needs to go.

There are many kickers who miss kicks to win games. Its not just a buffalo thing. They are interchangeable. If you want to change him out for someone else, sure go ahead. I guarantee you that kicker is also going to miss game winning kicks in his career.

Because I'm pretty sure i can go back every week and find a missed FG that cost a team a game. but again, what do I know.

So it's ok if our kicker misses OT or final second kicks to win games? Do you not think the team should find a better kicker?

Edited by klos63

AKA HC needs to go.

If those kickers do it too often they are let go. Just like Carpenter will be.

Except for the part where he singlehandely missed 6 points. Both giving excellent field position to the other team.

Not to mention his inability to get touch backs. After Tyrod scored a touchdown to take the lead Dan kicked it short and they returned it to the 40....after he had just kicked it short and they returned it to the 40 on the previous kick. Basic.

We've been incredibly lucky with really good kicking over the last 30+ years. Norwood, Christie, Lindell had some pretty nice careers with long stretches. Carpenter seemed to be on his way to being another place kicker with a long career here. I blame Rex for this too. If you all will remember this was the first player Rex attacked in the media after arriving.

That whole "they're just kickers" mentality is old and immature. Rex really is a neanderthal - grow up and treat every player with respect. Carp was injured and never recovered mentally from Rex getting in his head - which is something you never ever should do, unless you're going to make a change.

Never said that. but if you think a new Kicker is going to be automatic and make that kick every time, you are out to lunch.

You seemed to imply that by excusing his misses as 'all kickers miss'. I never said a new kicker would be automatic either. I'm just looking for someone better.

and we will sign one of those kickers.

Just like we did with Carperter.....

Just curious, what would cause you to lose faith in a kicker enough to make a change.

We've been incredibly lucky with really good kicking over the last 30+ years. Norwood, Christie, Lindell had some pretty nice careers with long stretches. Carpenter seemed to be on his way to being another place kicker with a long career here. I blame Rex for this too. If you all will remember this was the first player Rex attacked in the media after arriving.

That whole "they're just kickers" mentality is old and immature. Rex really is a neanderthal - grow up and treat every player with respect. Carp was injured and never recovered mentally from Rex getting in his head - which is something you never ever should do, unless you're going to make a change.

Can't have such a mentally weak kicker, if what you say is true.

You seemed to imply that by excusing his misses as 'all kickers miss'. I never said a new kicker would be automatic either. I'm just looking for someone better.

Just curious, what would cause you to lose faith in a kicker enough to make a change.

When he starts missing easy kicks.

what do you consider easy? XP's? 45 yards?

under 40 Yards.

When he misses them consistently***

Carpenter this year

FG

20-29 - 100%

30-39 - 100%

Again, if you want to move on fine. But the next guy you are going to bring in is also going to miss kicks. its what they do.

Im just not going to sit here and pretend that the guy you bring in is automatically going to make every GW FG.

Edited by CountDorkula

Can't have such a mentally weak kicker, if what you say is true.

No, you don't help create a mentally weak kicker.