Harvin is going to re-retire, callin it now

D521646

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you laughing at? TT feels phantom pressure all the time. The tackles push the rush wide and instead of simply stepping up into the pocket the OL has created TT breaks the pocket and starts running towards the sideline. He does this consistently.

He also gets away from pressure that is there

I mean...the warts are there and everyone is seeing them.......he wont throw into tight windows which better change quick.....but he is in fact running way from real pressure a lot of the time.

Well lets be fair here for a moment BEFORE people pile on the FO for giving him a shot.

1. He was ONLY brought in because we had so many injuries at WR and had to find help somewhere.

2. There were not better options on the FA market at the time, and at least he knew the system.

People tend forget the circumstances around the signing. I can't fault the FO for signing him, it was worth a shot for a temp solution when we had little other options.

Well lets be fair here for a moment BEFORE people pile on the FO for giving him a shot.

1. He was ONLY brought in because we had so many injuries at WR and had to find help somewhere.

2. There were not better options on the FA market at the time, and at least he knew the system.

People tend forget the circumstances around the signing. I can't fault the FO for signing him, it was worth a shot for a temp solution when we had little other options.

Yeah, it's just another chance to pile on. Everybody is looking for an angle to pile on. I said earlier he wouldn't finish the season but would find a way to get paid. Having said that, I think it was a rather clever signing. We were snake bitten at the position and desperately needed help. Terry can afford it. People like to act like it came out of their pocket. Pegs is paying the Bill's bills.

You front office apologists are hysterical. It's not even so much about the money, it's more about the FO repeatedly getting duped like some rube at a carnival.

You want to know a better option? Find the list of currently available WR's. Now circle every name on that list. Yes, every player on that list could have posted 2 rec 6 yds before going on IR. We could have put a helmet on Sanjay Lal aand achieved that production.

You front office apologists are hysterical. It's not even so much about the money, it's more about the FO repeatedly getting duped like some rube at a carnival.

You want to know a better option? Find the list of currently available WR's. Now circle every name on that list. Yes, every player on that list could have posted 2 rec 6 yds before going on IR. We could have put a helmet on Sanjay Lal aand achieved that production.

Living life in the rear view.

Bold.

it's honestly hilarious. Especially for those of us who are not vested in to Bills fandom.

The migraines came back suddenly? Oh did they now? Bills had twenny nine unanswered points in just over a quarter. They are not nearly that bad honestly. no one actually is. The league has great parity.

The charade is such great humor. Bills will not be allowed to win anything . possibly ever. Ralph would not kiss the rings that run the NFL. ( good on him ! )

but we will never win.

Thats why the players quit. They figure it out.

now, i need a good cry

yes there were lotsa people available. they could brought up Dez at that point. another TE perhaps. Do you know what you are defending here ?

That one quote makes sense

Ralph wouldn't bow and I believe it

What system did he know? He played in 4 games a year ago under a different OC.

What system did he know? He played in 4 games a year ago under a different OC.

And to everyone who says "what was there to lose; it's Pegula's money, not mine" - it's the opportunity cost of not bringing someone else in to see if he could actually provide some production. So now here come all the snarky "oh I guess there's some pro bowlers out there sitting at home waiting for the Bills to call" replies. To which the answer is: 1. No, there aren't. 2. Not my job to find talent; that's Whaley's job. Look, WR has been a glaring depth problem obvious to everyone ever since Sammy went on the IR. If when faced with that problem your answer is, "hey, do we still have the phone number of that guy who "retired" on us last year," my assumption is that your plan is really the total absence of a plan. It was a joke from the start, and it ended just as our OP expected.

I agree with this.

I also agree with the observation that Percy has a remarkable talent for earning a lot of money for very little actual work or production.

I agree with this.

I also agree with the observation that Percy has a remarkable talent for earning a lot of money for very little actual work or production.

He should have a ghost writer slap a book together on how to do this. I'd buy it, and he could continue his life of thievery.

Pretty much.

@BuffRumblings

Apparently, #Bills fans think anyone who gets hurt or deals with an illness is "robbing" the organization.

The legitimacy of the illness is immaterial. Percy may indeed have debilitating migraines.

But there's seemingly always something going on with Percy. So his missing games with some kind of problem was predictable.

And in the end he'll get paid something like $400,000 per reception. That's fairly described as 'robbery.'

I say this even though I don't blame DW for giving Percy a shot - given the circumstances.

Guys....

Is it your money?

Was there someone else available?

I dont like it either.....but bitching at the GM for trying to find WR help when we are starting street free agents is a little bit of a stretch doncha think?

but I will say this.....WILL YOU PLEASE BRING BACK GREG LITTLE DOUG!

JfH a voice of reason? The world is ending. :D

Guys....

Is it your money?

I dont like it either.....but bitching at the GM for trying to find WR help when we are starting street free agents is a little bit of a stretch doncha think?

There were plenty of guys to sign back in the summer when this problem was discussed ad naseum.

These guys don't know what they are doing. Every year that Whaley has been at the helm, there is always a position that we seem to be scrambling to fill and find guys during the season. I can understand a rash of injuries one year, but this is a pattern at this point.

There were plenty of guys to sign back in the summer when this problem was discussed ad naseum.

These guys don't know what they are doing. Every year that Whaley has been at the helm, there is always a position that we seem to be scrambling to fill and find guys during the season. I can understand a rash of injuries one year, but this is a pattern at this point.

Like every team dealing with injuries. You do know the roster is only 53 players, right? Carry on.

back in the Summer? Does it come with a crystal ball to know who is gonna get hurt?

Guys....

Is it your money?

You know John it is not about the money, obviously Pegs could care less about the money. It is about once again someone made this franchise look stupid to the rest of the league. It is just like signing Fitsz to that big contract afer the first 5 games, giving Jauron an extension & then firing him towards the end of the season, taking Maybin in the first when the other GMs were laughing their asses off at their tables that the Bills could be so stupid when Orakpo was still on the board, declaring Edwards the starter & then cutting him after the 2nd week of the season, putting it in Marrone's contract that he could quit & the Bills give him a $4 million parting gift to leave town....The list goes on & on & on.

You know John it is not about the money, obviously Pegs could care less about the money. It is about once again someone made this franchise look stupid to the rest of the league. It is just like signing Fitsz to that big contract afer the first 5 games, giving Jauron an extension & then firing him towards the end of the season, taking Maybin in the first when the other GMs were laughing their asses off at their tables that the Bills could be so stupid when Orakpo was still on the board, declaring Edwards the starter & then cutting him after the 2nd week of the season, putting it in Marrone's contract that he could quit & the Bills give him a $4 million parting gift to leave town....The list goes on & on & on.

It may seem like one big beating....but its not. Different people made those mistakes in the course of Bills history....you have to stop and start blame with each individual decision maker.

NO GM in the league gets them all right.....its a mixed bag for every one of them.

The bills have had a string of pass catcher injuries and got desparate when Woods started getting hurt. I dont blame Whaley for the Percy signing at all because the cupboard was bare. It didnt work out.

back in the Summer? Does it come with a crystal ball to know who is gonna get hurt?

They knew Watkins was hurt.

Goodwin has been hurt every year

Listenbee was drafted with an injury

Salas had a serious knee injury 2 years ago and has been hurt alot

Don't need a crystal ball. Should have been better prepared

They knew Watkins was hurt.

Goodwin has been hurt every year

Listenbee was drafted with an injury

Salas had a serious knee injury 2 years ago and has been hurt alot

Don't need a crystal ball. Should have been better prepared

They LITERALLY had like 8 wr's from what they brought in last year

The mistake was made when they let go of a bunch of vet WR's at the start of the season

I still wonder why Little is not being considered....I know he has feet for hands but the guy is a blocking monster and an open when covered type