Darby may lose job to White

MAJBobby

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still for the life of me cannot understand why Gilmore is not playing press. There are times he lines up in press but bails. He is not getting physical at the line which he is very good at.

I understand not playing press all the time - but typically the coaches let the players decide where to line up. He should be doing it a little bit - it helps throw off timing on those back shoulder throws, and deep balls.

He either thinks they're going deep on him all game, or he's worried about his safety help, or he's not comfortable playing press.

Edited by dneveu

How is Darby being benched before Gilmore? They've both given up big plays (still think Gilmore has given up more) but you still see the hustle and compete from Darby.

If this is true, which I don't think it is, Rex is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Watch out for the backlash from the Gilmore supporters on here. They'll tell you he's an elite corner and it's not his fault. :doh:

Maybe he's just trying to light a fire under his ass

this

Darby has been mentored by Gilmore. Both of them have mentioned it.

Donnie was very good for us but i doubt that is the issue here.

I also think Rex needs to change up.

Hell just flip them. Rotate Seymour and White in. Move Gilmore and or Darby to the slot once in awhile.

But something is amiss with Ronald. He had some of the best make up speed i have seen , last year.

Donnie would have told him, become the receiver when the ball is in the air. Helped Leodis turn his game around

Chris Brown on WGR right now is saying that White could put Darby on the Bench.

I think it is clear to say Darby has regressed.

Donnie Henderson being fired is really hurting Darby's growth I think.

I agree it was a bad call to let Henderson go, and it's showing throughout the secondary, but I don't agree with benching Darby unless unless one of the other corners were clearly playing better. I don't see that as being the case right now.

I still for the life of me cannot understand why Gilmore is not playing press. There are times he lines up in press but bails. He is not getting physical at the line which he is very good at.

Gruden said he spoke to him and wondered about his shoulder.

I wonder if Gilmore is playing through an injury. He is having an uncharacteristic year.

Hopefully with a bye week they can adjust and get the secondary playing well. The talent is much better than it has played the past 3 weeks. I think they have played well in stretches but they have gotten horribly exposed too. Here's hoping to the coaching staff figuring things out because right now this is a 7-9 team.

How is Darby being benched before Gilmore? They've both given up big plays (still think Gilmore has given up more) but you still see the hustle and compete from Darby.

If this is true, which I don't think it is, Rex is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

I agree with this. Neither has played well, but at least Darby has continued to hustle and hit while Gilmore really seems to have decided that tackling isn't in his job description.

I am feeling 2 CBs and a S in the first 4 picks this year.