Darby may lose job to White

MAJBobby

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown on WGR right now is saying that White could put Darby on the Bench.

I think it is clear to say Darby has regressed.

Donnie Henderson being fired is really hurting Darby's growth I think.

The secondary in general has regressed without Donnie Henderson. They were playing good football under him despite a scheme that isn't easy on a DB. Darby has regressed, Gilmore hasn't been the same player and whoever plays Aaron Williams spot (mostly Blanton) has been an abomination.

How is Darby being benched before Gilmore? They've both given up big plays (still think Gilmore has given up more) but you still see the hustle and compete from Darby.

If this is true, which I don't think it is, Rex is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

How is Darby being benched before Gilmore? They've both given up big plays (still think Gilmore has given up more) but you still see the hustle and compete from Darby.

If this is true, which I don't think it is, Rex is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

I was typing the same thing. Gilmore has been steadier but his lack of effort and physicality is disgusting. He should have been the one benched, he isn't going to be here next year let Darby take his lumps. Are they still pretending that we are going to win something?

He was a DROY candidate under Rex

I really liked Donnie Henderson but I think there has to be more to the story because he is still unemployed.

And maybe I completely missed it, but was there ever any reason given as to why he was dismissed?? I honestly don't remember...

And maybe I completely missed it, but was there ever any reason given as to why he was dismissed?? I honestly don't remember...

no, there wasn't. And he wasn't technically "fired". His contract was up and he wasn't extended. Could have been his choice, who knows. Just strange that 11 teams hired DB coaches last offseason and he got one interview (Colts). He has college coaching experience too and nada. Even Karl Dunbar got hired elsewhere. Something off there, wouldn't assume blame to one side when we have no info. Edited by YoloinOhio

IMO this makes Rex look really bad. He needs to show that he can coach up DBs to run his system. If he can't do that, he's in trouble.

Looks bad for Whaley as well, not too much to show for the 3 drafts he's been in charge of, just a lot of unrealized potential.

Looks bad for Whaley as well, not too much to show for the 3 drafts he's been in charge of, just a lot of unrealized potential.

I don't know if Darby's regeression is Whaley's fault. But also worth noting that Whaley brought in White and Moore as insurance. May have been a mistake cutting Moore in favor of more safeties (teams play notwithstanding) because Moore has looked alright in New Orleans. If White can step in and play well for the remainder of the season and Darby has time to work back to his 2015 level, I would be satisfied.