Charles Clay

Anybody else feel as though he is our biggest disappointment on offense? Seems like we do not utilize him for the talent that he had and when we try to he drops balls and always seemed nicked up. For all the money he makes seems like O'leary gets more out of his talents.

To answer your question...I believe he can still work out. But, yes, I getthe feeling it may not happen due too many different issues.

I know the Pegula's could save them selves & the team a lot of money by paying players what they are worth & just in the fact of Taylor, Gilmore, & Clay they would save enough to get a real QB .

Then maybe Clay, Watkins (when healthy) & others will be able to get more targets & maybe n Clays case catch those targets when thrown to !!

Clay does everything we ask him to do. He blocks well and runs good routes. Tyrod cant seem to find him, and that's either a Tyrod issue or a scheme issue. Either way, he's wasted talent on this roster, which boggles my mind because he's honestly one of only offensive weapons at this point with injuries.

He's not being used right. His role is primarily that of an extra blocker for the running game who can go out and catch passes. For what he's being paid, he's supposed to be a targeted receiver who can also block but in reality this offense was built for running and he's going to be providing more run support than receptions (drops don't help, neither does TT not attacking down the middle.). It's not going to be a high powered scoring machine. That's not the coaching philosophy.

Edited by BmarvB

Anybody else feel as though he is our biggest disappointment on offense? Seems like we do not utilize him for the talent that he had and when we try to he drops balls and always seemed nicked up. For all the money he makes seems like O'leary gets more out of his talents.

i hate to say this, but when he went off with an injury I said this is going to help the offense, now he can't drop any more passes.

When's the last time the Bills had a *great* tight end?

The list of TEs going through Buffalo since Pete has been as long as the QBs.

Reimersma (I forgot how to spell it)

He's not being used right. His role is primarily that of an extra blocker for the running game who can go out and catch passes. For what he's being paid, he's supposed to be a targeted receiver who can also block but in reality this offense was built for running and he's going to be providing more run support than receptions (drops don't help, neither does TT not attacking down the middle.). It's not going to be a high powered scoring machine. That's not the coaching philosophy.

and accordingly a waste of money and talent.

I always thought Simms was better than Clay...Was hoping Miami matched that stupid contract, so Simms would have been free. Tyrod barely throw in the middle of the field, clay has been nicked up from the beginning.... seems timing between him and Tyrod is off. grossly overpaid

• 1 month later...

Why the heck did it take until yesterday for the Bills to finally give Clay a more prominent role in the passing game?

Started using McCoy and Felton a bit differently to help create mismatches. Why did it take this long to do things like this?

Also saw TT throw a seam pass to O'leary in this one. It was broken up, but hey - he threw one right?!

Why the heck did it take until yesterday for the Bills to finally give Clay a more prominent role in the passing game?

Watch the all 22 nothing changed with Clays routes just the QB took all this time and likely job on line to finally target him.

Lets not miss the fact that the Browns were rated Dead Last vs Tight Ends. NOt attacking with the Tight End would be Offensive Coordinator malpractice

Clay is one of the most complete, well-rounded TE's you'll find anywhere in the NFL and the Bills are lucky to have him. He's been an absolutely huge factor in the success the Bills have had in their running game over the last couple years, both strategically and tactically. His contract makes him somewhere around the 7th-10th highest paid TE in the league; considering how rare 3-down TE's have become and how well he plays every facet of the position, he is worth every penny of it. You put this guy in an offense that can work the seams or let him play with a QB that can hit him on time and with accurate ball placement and people would be voting him into the Pro Bowl every year.

Spoken for truth.