OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still some time to go, but the Cowboys are down by 10 and Prescott threw an interception in the end zone. Not saying he can't lead him back, but if he doesn't the calls for Romo's return are going to be loud in Dallas

True. He's a rook, gonna happen. But he is playing at a high level and showing he can be the guy. We passed on him in the 4th! We keep passing over quality QB's. The Vikes, Dallas,Seahawks and Oakland looking good, we're at square one.

Ok here's the problem with tyrod: he needs everything else around him to work to rise to the level of average. That's it in a nutshell . He can't be the engine of victory, only a part of it.

And do you realize that is not easy to find?

Go ahead.....draft another QB that we HOPE can do it

True. He's a rook, gonna happen. But he is playing at a high level and showing he can be the guy. We passed on him in the 4th! We keep passing over quality QB's. The Vikes, Dallas,Seahawks and Oakland looking good, we're at square one.

We dont know that we are at square 1.......because he is working with scrubs

Can't take an int....can't take an int....can't take an int...

Cool stat: Tyrods YPG was over 220 yds last season. The WR depth has really been hindering him. No Sammy Watkins or 7-11 to haul in those bombs. We got a good 3 TDs and 4 drops outta Glass Goodwin before he got hurt tho, so thats a win :doh:

Ok here's the problem with tyrod: he needs everything else around him to work to rise to the level of average. That's it in a nutshell . He can't be the engine of victory, only a part of it.

Here's my take. The Bills need to run the ball and play strong defense to win. If they gain around 200 yard passing, 150+ yards rushing, protect the ball and the defense doesn't blow up, they have a good chance of winning.

Problem is that the coaching staff cannot be relied on to follow that plan. They should be calling 30 runs and they call 30 passes. Tyrod is not good enough to win in that situation.

Their best shot for accomplishing anything this year is the Tebow plan that Denver followed when they made the playoffs.

Cool stat: Tyrods YPG was over 220 yds last season. The WR depth has really been hindering him. No Sammy Watkins or 7-11 to haul in those bombs. We got a good 3 TDs and 4 drops outta Glass Goodwin before he got hurt tho, so thats a win :doh:

220? Is that supposed to be an impressive number? Ugh the lack of QB for decades is depressing

I think most on here agree with Sal...so:

Arrow Down

Tyrod Taylor - passing

I had to distinguish that this is specifically for him throwing the ball because he did some nice things escaping and running when needed to. But, one of the more inaccurate performances from Taylor in his career. In fact, in both of the the last two games Taylor completed just 50% of his passes (19-for-38 Sunday). Statistically, the lowest of his career as a starter. But, it wasn’t just about the stats against New England. He missed open receivers several times. He also put them in poor positions to gain yardage after the catch. There's no doubt Taylor and the Bills offense were working with a very limited WR group, and they virtually had no deep threat down field. However, Taylor still had opportunities to make plays with his arm that he simply failed to make.

...Frustration at quarterback that seems to be growing every week. Health issues that are now really catching up to them. The NFL trading deadline is Tuesday and you have to wonder if GM Doug Whaley won’t be trying to make a move to help for the second half....

http://www.wgr550.com/CAPACCIO-Bills-Patriots-Arrow-Up-Arrow-Down/22921489

Here's my take. The Bills need to run the ball and play strong defense to win. If they gain around 200 yard passing, 150+ yards rushing, protect the ball and the defense doesn't blow up, they have a good chance of winning.

Problem is that the coaching staff cannot be relied on to follow that plan. They should be calling 30 runs and they call 30 passes. Tyrod is not good enough to win in that situation.

Their best shot for accomplishing anything this year is the Tebow plan that Denver followed when they made the playoffs.

So we should aspire to a tebow game plan for TT? We're !@#$ed =/

I mentioned this before but when he was surrounded by playmakers early last season he was completing passes at a prolific rate and putting a ton of points on the board.

His ability to buy time combined with guys who get open fast and stay open.........and a solid D and run game........is a formula that can work.

Not ideal.......but Tyrod isn't going to become a surgical passer and QB's capable of making a difference are in short supply around the NFL.

and yet you have games like this where all his playmakers are injured or out and all he has are mostly scrubs to throw to...

The penalties abound and the defense gives up 4 TD passes to Brady and another TD on the ground and all fans can think of is the QB.

How about this, Gillislee was averaging 7.1 yards per carry in the game and the gameplan to run the ball went out the window when the team fell behind in points so he only saw 12 carries all game.

Let's face it, Taylor didn't have Hogan (7/11) Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett or anyone playing even close to that talent today. When you have some top talent all over the field it opens up other areas because no team can cover all those receivers. When you have one or two sorta receiving threats on the offense it's really easy for opponents to double up on them and make any QB look bad.

Like I said, I'm more upset about how poorly the defense played with Dareus and Shaq Lawson in there with the defense only missing AW. Then I am over Tyrod without most of the offense on the field and the players on the field all dinged up.

and yet you have games like this where all his playmakers are injured or out and all he has are mostly scrubs to throw to...

The penalties abound and the defense gives up 4 TD passes to Brady and another TD on the ground and all fans can think of is the QB.

How about this, Gillislee was averaging 7.1 yards per carry in the game and the gameplan to run the ball went out the window when the team fell behind in points so he only saw 12 carries all game.

Let's face it, Taylor didn't have Hogan (7/11) Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett or anyone playing even close to that talent today. When you have some top talent all over the field it opens up other areas because no team can cover all those receivers. When you have one or two sorta receiving threats on the offense it's really easy for opponents to double up on them and make any QB look bad.

Like I said, I'm more upset about how poorly the defense played with Dareus and Shaq Lawson in there with the defense only missing AW. Then I am over Tyrod without most of the offense on the field and the players on the field all dinged up.

Yeah? And EJ had Woods, Easley, and Danarius Moore as his receivers for the infamous Jags game. I'm sure people were very quick to use that as an excu- oh wait...no one cared (as they shouldn't have). Just throw the damn ball.

Agreed on all of this

I will say that against the patriots if we want to win we need to reach a certain point total

but

we are not going to be playing the patriots every week

Tyrod was wildly inaccurate at times today. Missed a lot of plays out there no matter who the WR's were. Intermediate, deep, short, he missed throws everywhere. Tyrod is never going to be Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers. He's not even going to be Russell Wilson. He's a decent player. He's never gonna be great, but he is decent. He's not going to make the mistakes Fitz made to cost us games, but he's not gonna shred a defense at any point either. Our WR group right now is THE worst in the league. The guy needs help out there and we don't have any to offer. I still hold out hope though because of the fact that the only people he is familiar with so to speak are a gimp Woods and a half healthy Clay. These other guys are 3rd string, 4th string, and even practice squad material. We miss McCoy dearly, but no one misses him more than Tyrod because of everything he opens up.

So we should aspire to a tebow game plan for TT? We're !@#$ed =/

What else do they got going for them this season? EJ throwing pick sixes all over the field? Tate posting 150 yards receiving? Clay staying healthy an entire game?

Put him on the edge, play the option, and try to hit 175 yards rushing every game. Hope that Rob and Rex don't over-coach themselves into another nuclear meltdown on defense.

And if that doesn't work, start Jones the last three or four games of the season.

He's a QB with limited passing skills and excellent running ability. He's a hit or miss player that plays a position that you probably don't want a hit or miss type at the helm ... especially if one of the QB's in the division you play in is named Tom Brady.

My take on Tyrod.

Bad mechanics

Questionable accuracy

Protects the ball

Extends plays with his escapability

He is a unconventional QB......so these things are accurate

He has a great deep ball......his accuracy is down (which can be attributed to who he is throwing to)....

He is a bit of a sandlot football player instead of a prototypical pocket passer........he is a system qb...........im ok with that

220? Is that supposed to be an impressive number? Ugh the lack of QB for decades is depressing

No but, Tyrods 216* yds with 20 TDs and 6 INTs compared to Jim Kellys 224 yds with 22 TDs and 11 INTS his 1st season starting in Buffalo is encouraging. My point is, you might as well cut Tyrod some slack, we have no better options rite now and we both know David Lee is not a QB whisperer so were gonna have to draft a QB thats pretty much pro-style ready and needs minimal coaching up cuz our staff isnt up for it. If Kelly could turn it around after 2 bad seasons maybe Taylor can too. you were a fan back then. 1986-1987 oo member!!!

1e5.gif

He's a QB with limited passing skills and excellent running ability. He's a hit or miss player that plays a position that you probably don't want a hit or miss type at the helm ... especially if one of the QB's in the division you play in is named Tom Brady.

again......lets find a better option im all for it....until then

No but, Tyrods 216* yds with 20 TDs and 6 INTs compared to Jim Kellys 224 yds with 22 TDs and 11 INTS his 1st season starting in Buffalo is encouraging. My point is, you might as well cut Tyrod some slack, we have no better options rite now and we both know David Lee is not a QB whisperer so were gonna have to draft a QB thats pretty much pro-style ready and needs minimal coaching up cuz our staff isnt up for it. If Kelly could turn it around after 2 bad seasons maybe Taylor can too. you were a fan back then. 1986-1987 oo member!!!

1e5.gif

Tyrod doesnt even have Kelly's weapons....or offensive line for that matter

Okay, here you go. Below are the first two seasons of Tom Brady, Big Ben, EJ, JP, Bledsoe, and TT. For this year, I doubled his stats since we are at the halfway mark. I sorted by QB rating for no real reason. I did not include rushing yards or rushing TD's. Pick your top 3 QB's

Comp% Yards TD INT Rating

63.7 3035 20 6 99.4

62.7 2385 17 9 98.6

58.7 2960 18 4 87.2

63.9 2843 18 12 86.5

61.5 4359 24 15 86

62.1 3764 28 14 85.7

62.5 3051 19 14 84.9

58 838 5 3 80.3

58.8 1972 11 9 77.7

56.9 2932 20 16 76.6

59.7 3513 18 23 75.4

58.2 2860 11 12 73

No it's still unimpressive

220 passing yards, 60 rushing yds & zero INTs.....I'd take that right now. Course we'd need our stars back.

He has no timing with current crop of WRs. No deep threats. Nothing. Even Clay is hobbled.

For the record, the Pats* are really good. They make everyone look bad.

He is a unconventional QB......so these things are accurate

He has a great deep ball......his accuracy is down (which can be attributed to who he is throwing to)....

He is a bit of a sandlot football player instead of a prototypical pocket passer........he is a system qb...........im ok with that

I agree, much of it is due to who hes throwing to. But its all due to the type of team we are. We arent that good. Our GM is middle of the road. Our coach, is a big name cause of his father, but is middle of the road. Our talent is middle of the road. Were an 8-8 team, we are BUILT to be an 8-8 team. It sucks, i know.

Tyrod is... About average. And i think thats what Joe, and Bobby, and others get mad about. Were a mediocre team. Even with all our weapons healthy. Were just, middle of the road.

Wow. Just checked in. Was clear to me that Tyrod was the best skill player on the field for the Bills today an people are throwing him under the bus ?!

UFB.

So all you fvcks that said we don't want a running QB cuz they get hurt need to just STFU. TT had one of our 3 TD's today cuz he can run. And he's the only star on the offense that isn't a wide open gaping vagina that HASN"T BEEN HURT YET EVEN THO HE HANDLES THE BALL ON EVERY PLAY. How do you not get that !?

The bills are damned lucky to be 4-4 and have TT. If Hogan was still a BIll, he would have been the best WR the Bills trotted out today. Let. That. Sink. In.

Edited by moshermw

Coming into this discussion a little late, so I apologize if this has already been said, BUT...

Easily half of TT's missed passes should have been caught, and would have been by a decent stable of receivers. Clay, Powell, Tate, and Hunter all had some egregious dropped balls. Would we be having this same conversation if TT had thrown 28/38 for 270+ yards? It's so easy to point at a single player, or coach, and say, "there's the problem." IMHO, TT wasn't the only problem, today. Not even close. You could put Dale Earnhardt Jr. behind the wheel of a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle and he's not going to win a lot of races.

There are plenty of problems with this football team, at the moment, and Tyrod Taylor is the best QB we've had in a long time.

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

I hope they walk away from that contract. Last thing we need is to be stuck in cap hell with Tie Rod.

What?

lol......Oh Dear, here we go....

Wow. Just checked in. Was clear to me that Tyrod was the best skill player on the field for the Bills today an people are throwing him under the bus ?!

UFB.

So all you fvcks that said we don't want a running QB cuz they get hurt need to just STFU. TT had one of our 3 TD's today cuz he can run. And he's the only star on the offense that isn't a wide open gaping vagina that HASN"T BEEN HURT YET EVEN THO HE HANDLES THE BALL ON EVERY PLAY. How do you not get that !?

The bills are damned lucky to be 4-4 and have TT. If Hogan was still a BIll, he would have been the best WR the Bills trotted out today. Let. That. Sink. In.

it is very evident that is all he can do. I have been saying it a long time, he is no better than a slash type player, nothing more. That will not get this team over the hump.

again......lets find a better option im all for it....until then

Tyrod doesnt even have Kelly's weapons....or offensive line for that matter

Are we really comparing the two? Gotta love it.

UFB.

Don't drink and post man.

I agree, much of it is due to who hes throwing to. But its all due to the type of team we are. We arent that good. Our GM is middle of the road. Our coach, is a big name cause of his father, but is middle of the road. Our talent is middle of the road. Were an 8-8 team, we are BUILT to be an 8-8 team. It sucks, i know.

Tyrod is... About average. And i think thats what Joe, and Bobby, and others get mad about. Were a mediocre team. Even with all our weapons healthy. Were just, middle of the road.

I think the middle of the road annotation for TT is accurate

It goes a little further then that for me......people lose sight of the overall picture

Finding even a STARTING nfl qb is really hard to do in the NFL....that is why i agree that you keep trying to improve the position....but you dont overdraft talent in hopes of doing so....this team needs better offensive pass catchers.....it needs another starting safety......

C. Jones is sitting out there in a box saying "dont open till next year" who might have more raw talent then any qb that was drafted this year....he is gonna need groom

Coming into this discussion a little late, so I apologize if this has already been said, BUT...

Easily half of TT's missed passes should have been caught, and would have been by a decent stable of receivers. Clay, Powell, Tate, and Hunter all had some egregious dropped balls. Would we be having this same conversation if TT had thrown 28/38 for 270+ yards? It's so easy to point at a single player, or coach, and say, "there's the problem." IMHO, TT wasn't the only problem, today. Not even close. You could put Dale Earnhardt Jr. behind the wheel of a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle and he's not going to win a lot of races.

There are plenty of problems with this football team, at the moment, and Tyrod Taylor is the best QB we've had in a long time.

This is true.

But given the field of competition, that isn't saying much.

Many posters on this forum constantly want to compare the current Bills _____ (QB, coach, GM, WR, etc.) to past Bills _____.

Not sure why. A middling train wreck of a franchise with absentee ownership from a decade ago is not the relevant standard of review.

The NE Patriots are.

Compared to the good QBs in the league who show up come playoff time, Tyrod is woefully inadequate.

Sooner or later this will sink in.

Yeah but we already knew his ball placement needs work. Hes in his 2nd year, hes finding the rite guys most of the time, jus needs working on throwing routes open and ball placement. He gets those 2 things down its gonna be a totally different ball game. These are the type of fans that would have run Jim Kelly outta town after his 1st two INT/Sack riddled seasons. I get it, we need a franchise QB sometimes you gotta let guys develop while you wait for another rook to come along. Constantly bitching about it and blaming losses on him isnt gonna help.

Sixth year. Sixth.

Stop doing that.

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

He can get us to the playoffs when we have a functioning offense with actual players...we put up points with him...he is better than other options we could get, so what else are we going to do? Start over again with no QB? We've seen how well that has worked the past 16 years...

Edited by matter2003

I personally loved the "V" in fvck. Innovative. Keep up the good work.

OK. Got it. I'll go with, I'm passionate on this subject. - And my message didn't get through because of said passion.

TT might not be Romo but that's fine - Romo is not on the field tonight.

Niether was:

- Watkins

- Goodwin

- Shady

TT was and was helping as best he could. No continuity or talent on O today and we still put up 25. 32 if they call the PF on TT on the first drive and Carpenter hits. 32 wins you 90 % of NFL games.