OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

He's regressing. Part of the problem with this franchise is we don't understand the importance in developing players. We've never properly groomed a QB. If Taylor is only marginally better than EJ, then you play your younger QB that has the chance to progress. Taylor hit his ceiling the first game he started for us.

Marrone set the franchise backwards starting a retired QB. It's simply not how you build for the future. Taylor was a stop-gap, but we didn't need that. We needed to groom a QB. After this year, EJ walks, we don't keep Taylor and we've got a really really green project QB. In other words, we're back at square one. It's really sad how poorly our front office has handled the position.

I cannot argue the Bills and this long term issue of QB development, but until Cardale or the next guy is up and running TT will be the guy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cute and all, but sometimes you're down in the game, even using your run run run style. It's not always 41 points that we need, but this guy is hopeless when we need just 4.

lol, what? he did?

His early passes in the rain were too hard and high .

Later on he was doing much better.

Edited by 3rdand12

I don't think Tyrod can operate with a structured passing game. He's just not that guy. He makes plays with his feet and with his arm on broken plays. Hard to bring a team back even when down more than a fg late in a game when your only hope is throwing a 50 yard pass.

I think Taylor can get the Bills to the playoffs in the same way Alex Smith gets teams to the playoffs. Once in they're out classed. Still been soo long I think most fans would take just getting in.

That is simply not correct. He had far more high passes today than the WRs dropped. The motley crew that's out there catching the ball were open more often than not and our QB had a very hard time with ball placement.

thought the coverage was pretty tight in the second half when Pats were forcing him to pass

His early passes in the rain were too hard and high .

Later on he was doing much better.

thought the coverage was pretty tight in the second half when Pats were forcing him to pass

I've never seen a QB get so many excuses in my life.

You know what is there along with his regression?

His quality of pass catchers

The "hanging out to get killed" is bs as well.......he is fitting into windows as those WRs have a tick to turn and brace for the hit....go back and watch the film.

Its just not true

Not true. Hos inaccurate throws are one of the reasons tye receivers are getting hurt.

It no different than the inaccurate throw that caused julio jones to get hurt as well

How can anyone who understand football even say such a thing

Of COURSE lack of talent at the pass catcher position is gonna affect this......he puts balls right on recievers and they DROP them.....

Going into today 4 drops that is not a high drop rate John

ESPN lists 2 balls as being dropped today.

If this were baseball you'd be insisting that every wild pitch was a passed ball.

Incorrect.

I would expect when sporting charts update their drops the most your will see today is 2

Tyros at this point is fool's gold. He has flashes of brilliance, but if you look closer, you see that he's not what you were looking for. Too many bad throws, can't see the whole field, can't lead a team from behind. I've been watching football for over 30 years and I've seen qbs like him before. They dazzle and win here and there, but lack the consistency, vision, discipline and complete skill set to win long term. Bills are stuck with him for the rest of the year, but need to keep looking. Seen enough of EJ and don't want to see Jones ruined by throwing him out there unprepared. Hate to say it but until they solve the qb problem, the treadmill of mediocrity rolls on....

Letting go of a perfectly capable QB and judging him on his play with WRs that would not make another NFL roster is incredibly foolish. If this happens, hello 20 years with no playoffs. May have a QB nearly as good by then... But most likely not. He makes our offensive lines pass blocking look amazing. How many times is he scrambling out of tackles. I would say he is THE BEST scrambling QB in the NFL and would have probably 20-30 more sacks if it was anyone else. The Bills win too many games and found a top half quality QB... Sign him and use every Draft pick on WRs.

I can find his quality in the draft. Not hard to find an inaccurate QB that does a couple things well and then hide him handing to Shady

That's cute and all, but sometimes you're down in the game, even using your run run run style. It's not always 41 points that we need, but this guy is hopeless when we need just 4.

lol, what? he did?

When have Bills been down in a game when they commit to the running game?

Usually if the Bills run the ball 25+ times they win the game.

It's a better path to 10-6 than their last two, pass-first game plans.

Tyrod will never be a good passer.

He's fun and exciting. He's better than what we've had the last 10 years.

He's also wildly inaccurate, has problems seeing the field and throws nobody open (as Mike Mayock says)

He is a guy who can keep you afloat, and maybe if everything breaks right get you 9 or 10 wins. He'll never be the guy and never consistently take his team to the playoffs.

If I'm the GM there's no way he's seeing $28.5M in cash next year. He's not worth half that amount.

17 years into the playoff drought and the Bills are still in no mans land, IMO.

Those calling for Cardelle or EJ are just losing all sense of argument with me.

No matter what you think about TT, he's better than both right now.

By a big margin. It's not good.

No way. The margin is way smaller than you think.

Accuracy is a wash, deep balls are similar, TT is a better scrambler, but EJ will stay in the pocket long enough for plays to develop. The biggest difference is EJ is better at leading receivers and Taylor is better at ball security. I've seen enough of Taylor to know that he absolutely cannot be counted on late in games, and I think EJ is a gamer.

Of course, at his best Taylor is a little betteroverall, but again, it's a smaller margin than you're making it out to be. Taylor is another one of these QB's, he doesn't stand out that much to me in this playoff-less era. Right now, he's hit a ceiling and I have no faith he can improve. That alone makes me want to see someone else back there.

Edited by fridge

No way. The margin is way smaller than you think.

Accuracy is a wash, deep balls are similar, TT is a better scrambler, but EJ will stay in the pocket long enough for plays to develop. The biggest difference is EJ is better at leading receivers and Taylor is better at ball security. I've seen enough of Taylor to know that he absolutely cannot be counted on late in games, and I think EJ is a gamer.

Of course, at his best Taylor is a little betteroverall, but again, it's a smaller margin than you're making it out to be. Taylor is another one of these QB's, he doesn't stand out that much to me in this playoff-less era. Right now, he's hit a ceiling and I have no faith he can improve. That alone makes me want to see someone else back there.

EJ fell apart when he felt pressure and made terrible decisions. He didn't escape anywhere near as good as TT does.

And the deep ball? Do you remember how bad that was with him?