OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He works for the style of offense we want to run. Run first, options, etc. He has a good deep ball and mobility/escapability. He is a good QB when playing with the lead, but is not a good enough QB to win in a shootout. However, he is a much better passer with Sammy on the field.

Edited by Big C

No way. Not the guy. He can win you games when the defense executes and we run the ball well. As a passer he's overrated.

I don't think many overrate his passing. As a passer he's one of the worst - if not the worst - starting QBs in the league.

Even going back to preseason last year, I never felt he was going to be "The Guy". He's just not good enough to key areas for sustainable quarterback play. Accuracy, mental processing, anticipation.

He's fine as a guy on the kind of contract he was signed to initially. When he jumps from $3m to $16m, can he improve the team to the point where we don't miss $13m worth of production elsewhere? I doubt it.

He works for the style of offense we want to run. Run first, options, etc. He has a good deep ball and mobility/escapability. He is a good QB when playing with the lead, but is not a good enough QB to win in a shootout.

Hell, he's not even a good QB down 3 with 1:20 left on the clock. I'd have no faith in him to help win a game if the running game was taken out of the equation.

I don't think many overrate his passing. As a passer he's one of the worst - if not the worst - starting QBs in the league.

I honestly prefer EJ as a passer. I won't argue that he's more accurate in general, but EJ undoubtedly leads his targets better in the middle of the field. I never thought of that as such a skill to long for, but it always feels like Taylor needs his receivers to be standing still facing him with their hands ready for the pass.

Even going back to preseason last year, I never felt he was going to be "The Guy". He's just not good enough to key areas for sustainable quarterback play. Accuracy, mental processing, anticipation.

He's fine as a guy on the kind of contract he was signed to initially. When he jumps from $3m to $16m, can he improve the team to the point where we don't miss $13m worth of production elsewhere? I doubt it.

And this.

41 points given up by our defense and everyone is mad at Tyrod.

Same point as last week. This is not about saying Tyrod was to blame for the defeat. Tyrod Taylor isn't going to do anything to lose you a game.... he just rarely is going to do enough to win you one.