Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

The non-sand covered female walker who looked like Heath on the bridge was the worst plot point in the history of the show and they've had some doozies.

The best part of that episode was the Talking Dead with Alana Masterson in knee high stockings. Need more of that and less "Last relevant in the 1990s celebrities"

I usually like the slower moving well acted episodes.

The problem with this one was that is was slow moving with average acting. I get they had to establish contact to connect to something later in the story but yawn. I think there are a lot of very good actors on the show. Heath is one of them but he had what, 5 minutes of screen time?

The key card she found at the end was intriguing. I also like the idea of the sniper kid coming back into play later on.

BTW are there any places near DC that have an ocean beach that looks like that?

The non-sand covered female walker who looked like Heath on the bridge was the worst plot point in the history of the show and they've had some doozies.

I like to think that she was Morgan's wife because that would make perfect sense. I haven't seen the first episode in a long time, but she is who came to mind after they showed that woman.

I usually like the slower moving well acted episodes.

The problem with this one was that is was slow moving with average acting. I get they had to establish contact to connect to something later in the story but yawn. I think there are a lot of very good actors on the show. Heath is one of them but he had what, 5 minutes of screen time?

The key card she found at the end was intriguing. I also like the idea of the sniper kid coming back into play later on.

BTW are there any places near DC that have an ocean beach that looks like that?

Virginia Beach perhaps?

Again, another dumb plot point because if they are looking for weapons, they've got Norfolk in the area and it's in really big letters on maps.

I like to think that she was Morgan's wife because that would make perfect sense. I haven't seen the first episode in a long time, but she is who came to mind after they showed that woman.

Looked too fresh to be Morgan's wife. Maybe that person was involved with whatever happened to Heath, it was odd how much she stood out...

Looked too fresh to be Morgan's wife. Maybe that person was involved with whatever happened to Heath, it was odd how much she stood out...

Fear the Walking Dead had a very similar dumb stunt with a lookalike walker this past season. Both were completely unnecessary.

I know it wasn't his wife. She just reminded me of her and it's a fun ludicrous scenario to play out in my mind.

I know it wasn't his wife. She just reminded me of her and it's a fun ludicrous scenario to play out in my mind.

Exceptionally ludicrous, given that she'd have to have visited a stylist and changed her clothes between then and now.

Now I want her to be Morgan's wife, just for that "Wait, what the !@#$?" moment. :lol:

Exceptionally ludicrous, given that she'd have to have visited a stylist and changed her clothes between then and now.

Now I want her to be Morgan's wife, just for that "Wait, what the !@#$?" moment. :lol:

At this point in the story the walkers have been around for a while. It may be that they have some rudimentary industries starting to pop up. It may be bartering. Maybe she got the styling and clothes by helping another one trap a meal.

At this point in the story the walkers have been around for a while. It may be that they have some rudimentary industries starting to pop up. It may be bartering. Maybe she got the styling and clothes by helping another one trap a meal.

Hmmm...good point. By now, the Walker economy should be getting up to speed...

It's nice to finally see them tone down Negan's cartoonish qualities for once, and give the character some depth.

Even the way Morgan is over-acting the role is cartoonish. It can be grating at times. It was a good one last night though. Other than the multiple wives thing, Negan does seem to run things really well. They've got a good structure there with those rules that would definitely keep things going for a long time if his ego didn't wind up getting in the way. I am 50% more into him right now though.

So who let Daryl out, Dwight or the wife?

Edited by shrader

So who let Daryl out, Dwight or the wife?

I was origianlly thinking it was Jesus, but it probably makes more sense coming from one of them, and most likely Dwight.

And speaking of unbelievable things on this show, no way does Dwight ever have a wife that hot...

Edited by ricojes

I enjoy JDM's take on the Negan character. I laugh a lot at what he says and how he says it.

Intentional or not, watching him with Judith toned down the "He's an absolute monster!" angle.

There was some decent plot movement in last night's episode.

I enjoy JDM's take on the Negan character. I laugh a lot at what he says and how he says it.

Intentional or not, watching him with Judith toned down the "He's an absolute monster!" angle.

There was some decent plot movement in last night's episode.

Yeah, they lighten him up a bit, but then there's still the part where he's stealing his people's wives and then rubbing it in their faces. I suppose that just makes him human, but that's the one part of his character right now that really throws me off. He's definitely living by a code, but that part doesn't seem to mesh with it.

Of course arguably the best episode of the first half of this season is the one right before the mid season finale. Then it'll be months before it starts again. I hate the way they break these seasons up anymore.

Networks have broken up seasons like that for a long time, because of the expectation that no one's watching over the holidays.

It used to not be such an event, though. "Special 90-minute mid-season finale!" Uh...if it's mid-season, it's not a finale? By definition? And not all that special?

Networks have broken up seasons like that for a long time, because of the expectation that no one's watching over the holidays.

It used to not be such an event, though. "Special 90-minute mid-season finale!" Uh...if it's mid-season, it's not a finale? By definition? And not all that special?

I can't even tell you the last time I heard the words "sweeps week" or "reruns".

The holidays (in hollywood) is generally the time when actors and their agents are scrambling getting their ducks in a row for "pilot season"

It's nice to finally see them tone down Negan's cartoonish qualities for once, and give the character some depth.

Agreed. I was glad to see is caricature-ness muted a bit. Although, (and I apologize now if this plants a seed in anyone else's viewing) I can't stand the "lean-back-on-one-foot-and-bounce-with-every-single-word-he-says" delivery of dialogue! It just looks awkward and I don't know that I've ever seen a verbal crutch or tick like that on anyone TV or real life!

It is good to see some depth brought to the character finally. For thismuchtime, I genuinely thought he felt bad about making fun of Coral's eye stump. His gentleness and baby-talk with Judith (NO ONE WATCHES THE KIDS ON THIS SHOW SO HE MIGHT AS WELL!!!!), was interesting development for Neegan's character.

Of course arguably the best episode of the first half of this season is the one right before the mid season finale. Then it'll be months before it starts again. I hate the way they break these seasons up anymore.

And it no only coincides with the holidays, if memory serves correctly, it doesn't come back until after the Super Bowl! By then, I'll be right back to looking at my wife and saying, "who the hell is that again?"

I remember at last season's finale, when Talking Dead asked "Who do you think Negan killed?" I tweeted to them "I don't know, but I wish it were Scott Gimple."

Oh DC Tom, I wish I had thought of that one! Never change Tom... stay golden Pony Boy!!! :nana:

Agreed. I was glad to see is caricature-ness muted a bit. Although, (and I apologize now if this plants a seed in anyone else's viewing) I can't stand the "lean-back-on-one-foot-and-bounce-with-every-single-word-he-says" delivery of dialogue! It just looks awkward and I don't know that I've ever seen a verbal crutch or tick like that on anyone TV or real life!

It is good to see some depth brought to the character finally. For thismuchtime, I genuinely thought he felt bad about making fun of Coral's eye stump. His gentleness and baby-talk with Judith (NO ONE WATCHES THE KIDS ON THIS SHOW SO HE MIGHT AS WELL!!!!), was interesting development for Neegan's character.

He's that sarcastic guy who is always taking little jabs at people. Unfortunately the zombie apocalypse killed everyone's sense of humor and they have no idea how to react anymore. In the real world, you just deal with that guy and ignore most of what he says. You really want to punch the guy, but that would never fly. In the Walking Dead world, with all the heightened tension, that "don't punch him" filter is completely gone. Ultimately, you wind up shooting him.

The previews for next weeks "finale" looks very interesting. Lot's of story lines involved, not just one...I will use the spoiler tag when mentioning one of the most interesting parts of the clip along with my prediction for those that may not want to know.

A cleanly shaven Negan with blood spatter on his shirt and face and Rick's look of horror. My guess is Spencer finally gets whacked....

I'm looking forward to seeing Negan's "#1" guy Simon getting knocked off. His character is so punch-in-the-face-able, just like when he was on Better Call Saul:

Basically the same !@#$ character in both shows.

And I recall in Season 2, Daryl had some Blue Sky in Merle's stash of drugs. Hmmm...