Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

And then there's the lack of guns

edit: And who was the creepy lurking feet guy? If it was the one who put up all the warning signs, I have a hard time picturing him actually letting Rick and Aaron do as much as they did.

From the comics...don't read if you don't want to know...

A new group, the Whisperers. I think, in the comics, they dress in walker skins, they're stealthy-sneaky (spying, infiltration), and there's a war between them and the Hilltop/Alexandra/Kingdom axis.

When I eyeball the numbers......it still looks like all the factions are very outnumbered against Neegan and his group

And Negan's group is spread out garrisoning multiple camps.

don't forget about the weapons that group of women had...it's a start.

I have a hard time picturing them not only convincing that group to help, but then also distributing those guns out among each of the groups unnoticed. I get the feeling the Kingdom winds up being key since they have an agreement where the Saviors never actually set foot there. They've almost gone too far in establishing the strength of the Saviors. It's going to take a damn near universal uprising within that group.

Tom, it seems way too early for that.

I have a hard time picturing them not only convincing that group to help, but then also distributing those guns out among each of the groups unnoticed. I get the feeling the Kingdom winds up being key since they have an agreement where the Saviors never actually set foot there. They've almost gone too far in establishing the strength of the Saviors. It's going to take a damn near universal uprising within that group.

Tom, it seems way too early for that.

I thought that too, but I agree with Tom. Simply because they went out of the way to show those boots again almost after the credits. So to me it seems significant and there's been talk of them being in the show before the comic arc. And we know they don't always follow the timelines of the comic.

I thought that too, but I agree with Tom. Simply because they went out of the way to show those boots again almost after the credits. So to me it seems significant and there's been talk of them being in the show before the comic arc. And we know they don't always follow the timelines of the comic.

I hate when they do that, I was very close to turning off the TV after the tease...

• 1 month later...

Good episode. Rick is smiling and now Rosita hates Sacha again.

An episode has more commercials than an NFL game.

If they made a spinoff of Ezekiel and Jesus sitting around talking, not only would I watch it, but I expect it would be better than Fear The Walking Dead.

Anyone else think it's really stupid for the Sanctuary to leave so many explosives out in the open like that, even if it's meant for herd control?

I said the same thing to my wife, "Wow explosives really are expendable in a post-apocalyptic world."

But the "trip wire" made for either the best and/or most hilarious zombie kill I've ever seen!!!

I said the same thing to my wife, "Wow explosives really are expendable in a post-apocalyptic world."

But the "trip wire" made for either the best and/or most hilarious zombie kill I've ever seen!!!

Yeah, that was one of the more fun scenarios they've ever went with on this show. I'm not entirely sure how Rick and Michonne got out alive after that though.

Anyone else think it's really stupid for the Sanctuary to leave so many explosives out in the open like that, even if it's meant for herd control?

There's probably some hubris at play there - they feel they control the entire area and everyone in it.

What marveled me about the explosives is how complicated it looked. That was some real deal wiring know-how. All that was missing was it being run by a gold watch.

I enjoyed that episode quite a bit last night. It was a good return for the series. I hate that I wind up nitpicking things like this, but how on earth did it take the Sanctuary so long to realize that Daryl was gone? He was able to:

1. escape

2. meet up with Jesus

3. get back to Alexandria

4. travel to the Hilltop

5. travel to the Kingdom

Then the group travels to within sight of the Sanctuary... and only at that point did they discover that he had escaped. I guess that whoever let him out could have covered for him as long as possible, but finding fat Joey's body should have put them on red alert.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I had to low crawl up my roof last night to clear snow from my dish because Directv went out when we got hit with the sudden storm. lol.. But it worked. I'm just surprised they introduced yet another "community". And where were they when they went to get the supplies from the boat in the first place? Perhaps it was one of them they showed at the end of the first half wearing the "boot". But they look ready to fight, so perhaps they will quickly become allies.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I had to low crawl up my roof last night to clear snow from my dish because Directv went out when we got hit with the sudden storm. lol.. But it worked. I'm just surprised they introduced yet another "community". And where were they when they went to get the supplies from the boat in the first place? Perhaps it was one of them they showed at the end of the first half wearing the "boot". But they look ready to fight, so perhaps they will quickly become allies.

The boot guy was shown lurking around while Gabriel was on watch during the previous episode. So it's a pretty safe bet that he's with the boot guy now. But why? Did they offer to fight if given supplies? Did they offer to kill Heath if he didn't hand over supplies? I'm not really sure what other possibilities there could be. Gabriel isn't too closely tied to anyone and Heath is the only unaccounted for person we know of right now.

And how did that chick become a demolition expert all of a sudden?

Nice to have TWD back and made for a much better Sunday night than last Sunday.

Simon seems like he's maybe as dangerous as Negan. Apparently the actor who plays him also played some guy named Trevor in the GTA games (never played them before so I don't know the details).

Saw the return episode last night. Good stuff. $#&!@ Morgan though!

Is the consensus that Gabriel knows there's a dude in his car because he's working with him? They sort of tipped us off in the preview, when he told Rosita they would have to fight and they needed her.

Rick smiling at the end was classic.

It will be a fun episode when Negan's right hand man finally gets his due. What a prick.

Saw the return episode last night. Good stuff.

1. $#&!@ Morgan though!

2. Is the consensus that Gabriel knows there's a dude in his car because he's working with him? They sort of tipped us off in the preview, when he told Rosita they would have to fight and they needed her.

3. Rick smiling at the end was classic.

4. It will be a fun episode when Negan's right hand man finally gets his due. What a prick.

3. I think Rick thinks he just found his army. Sometimes they do weird stuff though. Maybe he just saw Gabe. Rick is premature if he thinks he found an army. This group either has no reason to fight or maybe they have already fought. He needs more information before he smiles.

2. I think Gabe got coerced into leaving. The "boat" note could have been a desperation plea by Gabe or baiting by the captor. He probably left his Bible open to a pertinent page but Rick was to stupid to figure it out.

4. Simon is a big douche. I wonder if they'll kill him this season. It almost seems too obvious. I think he might live. The creep that was bothering Enid is toast though.

1. I think what they did with Morgan/Carol last season was great storytelling and I loved the contrast. I like the interaction between the two this year as well. What they did with Morgan on Sunday was lame and if I were the actor I would have bitched. It fit his character that he would try to find another way, but he would not have been so dismissive and the conversation between Morgan and Rick...and possibly Zeke, would have gone much deeper. He may have ended up advocating a simple Negan takeout or maybe not. There are a lot of people at Negan's lair that are pawns though. It's not only Morgan that realizes that. Daryl knows and Carl too.

I think they are setting up Morgan for another twist in his attitude and probably one he doesn't survive. I hope not, as I think James is easily one of the top 2-3 actors on the show and the character is a real balancing force that really only has him and Jesus at this point. Glen and Heath had some of it but Glen is gone and Heath ????? At first I thought the kid Morgan is training would become prominent and Carl might even die because the actor playing Carl sucks and needs to be replaced. I thought the kid might take Carl's place. Now I think he will become like Morgan's kid....and get killed. It will send Zeke into a tailspin. Maybe it will be what causes Zeke to fight. What else could? I think Morgan will blame himself, go nuts and get killed. I hope they go in another direction, but the episode's lack of depth to Morgan's role seems like a setup.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Rick explaining the smile has to be one of the worst written scenes in the history of the show.

I agree with that but Gabe getting a bump is cool. Was Gabe even there when Rick smiled?

I thought the episode was ok....you need some setup episodes for the story.

And "Jadis" sounds a lot like "Judas". Too obvious?

Interesting episode to me. Wish Darryl would've told Carol about Abe and Glenn but I understand why he didn't. My question is, why was that junkyard walker so damn strong? Rick fought off a hoard in the last episode but struggled with this one? Didn't buy that, kinda felt Resident Evil'ish....

Interesting episode to me. Wish Darryl would've told Carol about Abe and Glenn but I understand why he didn't. My question is, why was that junkyard walker so damn strong? Rick fought off a hoard in the last episode but struggled with this one? Didn't buy that, kinda felt Resident Evil'ish....

I think the bigger question is, is Rick vaccinated? A flu almost wiped out the entire surviving crew in season 3 but getting stabbed by rusted metal and he's A-OK!

I think the bigger question is, is Rick vaccinated? A flu almost wiped out the entire surviving crew in season 3 but getting stabbed by rusted metal and he's A-OK!

In the comics Rick loses his hand early in the series. When he cut it a season or two ago pulling that machete out of the walker many thought he would lose it then. Perhaps this will lead to that. I don't know. But they definitely take a lot of "liberties" in this series, which I don't really mind I guess.

In the comics Rick loses his hand early in the series. When he cut it a season or two ago pulling that machete out of the walker many thought he would lose it then. Perhaps this will lead to that. I don't know. But they definitely take a lot of "liberties" in this series, which I don't really mind I guess.

I think they may have decided a while ago that Rick doesn't lose his hand, simply because the "green sleeve" effects are too much a pain in the ass.

Not that they couldn't change their mind.

I think they may have decided a while ago that Rick doesn't lose his hand, simply because the "green sleeve" effects are too much a pain in the ass.

Not that they couldn't change their mind.

I'm pretty sure I've read that Kirkman regrets having done that in the comics

The Scavengers might be... no Spiky Walker is... no the way Jadis communicates was... GAH!!! That whole episode minus Carol and Darryl reuniting was just annoying as hell? Top of the trash heap is "up, up, up?" The flash mob made up of the Scavengers discount Cure roadies reminded me of the Ohio State Marching Band, I was waiting for Father what'shisbucket to march out with a tuba a "dot the I" at the end!!

By my tally there's three dudes vying for Carol's heart... this going to end up like the last scene in Blazing Saddles.

Why is Rosita trying to make me dislike her!?! She's so freaking hot, but her butt-hurtness and stupidity has cost one life already.

The Scavengers might be... no Spiky Walker is... no the way Jadis communicates was... GAH!!! That whole episode minus Carol and Darryl reuniting was just annoying as hell? Top of the trash heap is "up, up, up?" The flash mob made up of the Scavengers discount Cure roadies reminded me of the Ohio State Marching Band, I was waiting for Father what'shisbucket to march out with a tuba a "dot the I" at the end!!

By my tally there's three dudes vying for Carol's heart... this going to end up like the last scene in Blazing Saddles.

Why is Rosita trying to make me dislike her!?! She's so freaking hot, but her butt-hurtness and stupidity has cost one life already.

But you gotta admit. The Scavangers are KILLING the mullet game! :lol: