Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

Is it an hour and a half again? They need to make that move full time. There's way too much going on right now to be covered within 8 single hour episodes.

I'm sorry Shrader. You have an excellent idea and one that I support. However, you must understand that Talking Dead must be promptly aired and we have yet to exhaust our list of still barely relevant celebrities who binge watched the show right before they were on it. "Yeah, yeah, zombies and stuff. Totally into it."

I hope Talking Dead really starts deep-sea - James Cameron meets the Titantic type - dredging for celebrity talent. I can't wait for the opinions and reactions from Tom Wopat and John Schneider or Gerald McRaney and Jameson Parker.

Edited by dpberr

I'm sorry Shrader. You have an excellent idea and one that I support. However, you must understand that Talking Dead must be promptly aired and we have yet to exhaust our list of still barely relevant celebrities who binge watched the show right before they were on it. "Yeah, yeah, zombies and stuff. Totally into it."

I hope Talking Dead really starts deep-sea - James Cameron meets the Titantic type - dredging for celebrity talent. I can't wait for the opinions and reactions from Tom Wopat and John Schneider or Gerald McRaney and Jameson Parker.

Yes, The Talking Dead should be the hour and half show. Must see TV right there...

Yes, The Talking Dead should be the hour and half show. Must see TV right there...

I hope you saw my sarcasm.

Shrader's post reminded me of three shows that used the 90 minute version well - The Shield, Sons of Anarchy and Justified.

Wow, FX had quite a run there in retrospect.

Edited by dpberr

I hope you saw my sarcasm.

Shrader's post reminded me of three shows that used the 90 minute version well - The Shield, Sons of Anarchy and Justified.

Wow, FX had quite a run there in retrospect.

You mean your Duke's of Hazzard comment was in jest?

How have they not gotten the woman who played zombie #25 in the original Dawn of the Dead? She's the ultimate authority on all things zombie.

How have they not gotten the woman who played zombie #25 in the original Dawn of the Dead? She's the ultimate authority on all things zombie.

They don't put "zombie experts" on Talking Dead. The format is: one actor from the show, one production crew member, and one of Chris Hardwick's unemployed friends.

This week it'll be Ann Mahoney ('cause her character dies), second second assistant director Spencer Jarvis, and that guy who beat up Hardwick in 6th grade and stole his lunch money.

They don't put "zombie experts" on Talking Dead. The format is: one actor from the show, one production crew member, and one of Chris Hardwick's unemployed friends.

This week it'll be Ann Mahoney ('cause her character dies), second second assistant director Spencer Jarvis, and that guy who beat up Hardwick in 6th grade and stole his lunch money.

No more fat jokes from Negan? Shame.

This show kind of sucks, but I watch it anyway.

It's mostly b/c my significant other enjoys it, which is funny.

It's not particularly good TV though. The Negan character sucks, and the dude playing the character is lame.

For far superior TV viewing, I recommend Westworld on HBO.

It's not particularly good TV though. The Negan character sucks, and the dude playing the character is lame.

The dude playing the character is actually pretty damn good. It's just that the writing sucks that badly.

I've invested so much time on this show, I'm resigned to just watching it till the disastrous ending.

I've invested so much time on this show, I'm resigned to just watching it till the disastrous ending.

"The audience is invested, so we don't have to put any more effort into this!" It was a great day when I realized that wasn't true.

But it's not like there's anything else on Sunday nights. It's either AMC's The Walking Dead, or NBC's The Walking Dead with a Cris Collinsworth commentary.

Im not really a fan. I was bucked off during the (4th?) season after they were all fragmented from the Prison and each episode was more boring and repetitive than the last.

But I do kind of follow what is going on a little and I get a kick out of how 'popular' the show is... but everyone who watches it is extremely critical and tears the show down constantly. Kind of like the Bills

Im not really a fan. I was bucked off during the (4th?) season after they were all fragmented from the Prison and each episode was more boring and repetitive than the last.

I thought that may have been the best run of shows they ever put together. The cast wasn't too big and we were pretty familiar with most of the people, so they were able to further develop characters we were already comfortable with.

The dude playing the character is actually pretty damn good. It's just that the writing sucks that badly.

I know he has been in a lot but the only other thing I've seen is The Watchmen. He was really good in that, even though I am still pretty much pissed about a lot of stuff in it.

I thought that may have been the best run of shows they ever put together. The cast wasn't too big and we were pretty familiar with most of the people, so they were able to further develop characters we were already comfortable with.

It was the episode where Daryl and (Beth?) were rummaging and ended up getting drunk and talking for an episode.... then there was another standstill episode about that black alcoholic guy I didnt care about. I fell asleep while watching it and could not motivate myself to rewatch/continue the episode.

The cast wasn't too big and we were pretty familiar with most of the people, so they were able to further develop characters we were already comfortable with.

I'm starting to subscribe to this theory also Shrade! I feel like there's too many fringe characters (red shirts) that get just enough dialogue or plotlines that they become distracting. As boring as the "Rick Grimes, down on the farm..." season was, at least there weren't so many characters to follow. I temper these comments by saying, Walking Dead is on after I've normally watched yet another uninspiring performance from the Bills (accompanied by copious amounts of beer) so my ability to follow multiple characters is severely diminished! :w00t:

I know he has been in a lot but the only other thing I've seen is The Watchmen. He was really good in that, even though I am still pretty much pissed about a lot of stuff in it.

Thanks to this one, I had to go look through is IMDB page. I'm very well aware of who he is, but beyond very small supporting roles, I've never seen anything.

It was the episode where Daryl and (Beth?) were rummaging and ended up getting drunk and talking for an episode.... then there was another standstill episode about that black alcoholic guy I didnt care about. I fell asleep while watching it and could not motivate myself to rewatch/continue the episode.

The Beth/Daryl one was the only one that I wasn't crazy about and it came to mind immediately when I made my last post. I don't remember the episode with Bob that you are talking about. I don't know, maybe my memory is swayed completely the incredible episode with Carol and the little girls. That may be the single episode from the entire series that sticks out in my mind.

I'm starting to subscribe to this theory also Shrade! I feel like there's too many fringe characters (red shirts) that get just enough dialogue or plotlines that they become distracting. As boring as the "Rick Grimes, down on the farm..." season was, at least there weren't so many characters to follow. I temper these comments by saying, Walking Dead is on after I've normally watched yet another uninspiring performance from the Bills (accompanied by copious amounts of beer) so my ability to follow multiple characters is severely diminished! :w00t:

I never had a problem with the farm season. But that was because I watched that on netflix over a couple days. Maybe this is another one of those seasons that will work better in a binge watching approach as opposed to having to wait a full week for a new show.

Thanks to this one, I had to go look through is IMDB page. I'm very well aware of who he is, but beyond very small supporting roles, I've never seen anything.

The Beth/Daryl one was the only one that I wasn't crazy about and it came to mind immediately when I made my last post. I don't remember the episode with Bob that you are talking about. I don't know, maybe my memory is swayed completely the incredible episode with Carol and the little girls. That may be the single episode from the entire series that sticks out in my mind.

I just looked it up.

There was a 'slow one' with Carl and Michonne getting to know each other in some house or something.... followed by the Darryl/Beth one... followed by one that focused on Bob and Sascha, at least in the first half of it and I guess later on, after I fell asleep they saved Maggie from zombies.

The next episode was the Carol/Girls one, and I didnt make it to that.

I saw it a few times because I was considering a lawsuit. He was really good and when they announced he'd be Negan it made total sense to me.

I just looked it up.

There was a 'slow one' with Carl and Michonne getting to know each other in some house or something.... followed by the Darryl/Beth one... followed by one that focused on Bob and Sascha, at least in the first half of it and I guess later on, after I fell asleep they saved Maggie from zombies.

The next episode was the Carol/Girls one, and I didnt make it to that.

You quit at the worst possible time. Try to find that one if you can.

"The audience is invested, so we don't have to put any more effort into this!" It was a great day when I realized that wasn't true.

But it's not like there's anything else on Sunday nights. It's either AMC's The Walking Dead, or NBC's The Walking Dead with a Cris Collinsworth commentary.

Invest in HBO. You'll find plenty that is much better on Sunday nights.

You mean your Duke's of Hazzard comment was in jest?

Yes, I hope it's only in jest.

You never know with the Talking Dead. They could resort to "theme" nights of getting actors who've long faded into obscurity because they think my idea is a good one.

Edited by dpberr

Probably the best episode of the season.

Even Talking Dead...Chris Hardwick is actually funny for once.

I still can't watch Hardwick without wanting to punch him in the face.

Great episode, but I wish they would have written in a Darryl/Maggie scene. Even if we're simply to "assume" Maggie has forgiven Darryl for getting Glenn's head bashed in, that's an opportunity missed.

Great episode, but I wish they would have written in a Darryl/Maggie scene. Even if we're simply to "assume" Maggie has forgiven Darryl for getting Glenn's head bashed in, that's an opportunity missed.

Agreed. That scene needed to be in there. Actually there was very little Glenn/Abe discussion where the people at the Lucille scene shared the story with those who weren't.

Did they actually show Daryl finding Rick's gun at the Sanctuary?

He got that gun from the guy that Daryl destroyed...He needed to release some of that anger and did he ever...

I thought this was a really good episode for the most part. I liked the ending, they know what needs to be done.

The chick turning and firing blindly and connecting with pinpoint precision was ridiculous. But I guess they want to show how bad ass they all are or something. Other than that looking forward to the plot to take down the Saviors...

Edited by ricojes

I do like the way that guy tried to weasel out of getting killed by Daryl. With the way these people are, especially Negan, you can't really tell if that was an act or not. A good number of them are definitely dicks, but there have to be just as many who are doing exactly what Joey said there.

I liked the episode. Agree they should've had something with the Darryl and Maggie reunion. But I like how they left off with everyone coming together and that they plan to combine forces to fight Negan. Much better finale, although mid-season, than last season. I kinda enjoyed Carl's eye socket though, haha... And I for one, loved the Spencer scene. Pretty awesome!

I thought this was a really good episode for the most part. I liked the ending, they know what needs to be done.

Yeah, there have various moments during the series where there are a run of episodes featuring "distraught" Rick, and every time it happens I can't wait until the episode when he finally snaps out of it. We got that last night.

When I eyeball the numbers......it still looks like all the factions are very outnumbered against Neegan and his group

Negan has the numbers, but how many are truly loyal to him are willing to die defending him? A great plan would be to try to get someone from the inside to revolt as well...

Yeah, there have various moments during the series where there are a run of episodes featuring "distraught" Rick, and every time it happens I can't wait until the episode when he finally snaps out of it. We got that last night.

Yes, kind of like farmer Rick.

Edited by ricojes

When I eyeball the numbers......it still looks like all the factions are very outnumbered against Neegan and his group

And then there's the lack of guns

edit: And who was the creepy lurking feet guy? If it was the one who put up all the warning signs, I have a hard time picturing him actually letting Rick and Aaron do as much as they did.

Edited by shrader