Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

I saw a video where someone counted that Rick and the gang have killed 47 Savior characters to date.

If fans wanted to get real ticky tacky - Alexandria could have ended the Saviors in the last episode. They had the bulk of the Saviors at a choke point between the gate and the one lane road leading to the compound, pinned in by all the moving trucks. Or, you can get them all inside and take them down from the cover of the houses. Of course, you'd have no story then.

Rick's Army took on a far larger, more well equipped opponent in the past - the Woodbury Army - and won.

Except there's still so many more Saviors left back at the Sanctuary. Sure, they'd take out Negan, but the group hasn't seen enough to know where their leadership structure goes beyond Negan. That and Negan showed up early, which cancels out any opportunity they had to setup an ambush.

Edited by shrader

They also had a rocket launcher. Seriously a !@#$ing RPG and they just gave it away.

And wouldn't you think they would have destroyed the inventory list? I mean that's just basic CYA. Rick did say he thought about hiding some weapons, but feared what might happen if caught.

Edited by ricojes

And wouldn't you think they would have destroyed the inventory list? I mean that's just basic CYA. Rick did say he thought about hiding some weapons, but feared what might happen if caught.

Seriously. And when did Gabe have the ime to dig the fake grave for Maggie and why not one for Sasha and why did he feel it was necessary?

Rick hid weapons outside Terminus so you'd think it'd be just a standard practice to stash weapons for emergency purposes, right?

Except there's still so many more Saviors left back at the Sanctuary. Sure, they'd take out Negan, but the group hasn't seen enough to know where their leadership structure goes beyond Negan. That and Negan showed up early, which cancels out any opportunity they had to setup an ambush.

and I am thinking that was his intention of showing up early

Keep Rick off balance

You'd think...but Rick ain't exactly in a good head space right now.

Seriously. And when did Gabe have the ime to dig the fake grave for Maggie and why not one for Sasha and why did he feel it was necessary?

You don't have to fake a grave. You only have to fake a headstone.

And you may not even have to fake that. Did Negan ever find out Maggie's name?

You'd think...but Rick ain't exactly in a good head space right now.

You don't have to fake a grave. You only have to fake a headstone.

And you may not even have to fake that. Did Negan ever find out Maggie's name?

I don't think so. He referred to her as "the sick girl" last night. But who knows what Negan really knows.

I don't think so. He referred to her as "the sick girl" last night. But who knows what Negan really knows.

That's what I was thinking...but on the other hand, when Carol and Maggie are captured last season by the Survivors, the woman who captured them mentioned both by name over an open channel, so who knows?

That's what I was thinking...but on the other hand, when Carol and Maggie are captured last season by the Survivors, the woman who captured them mentioned both by name over an open channel, so who knows?

He'd have no way of knowing that she was one of those two though. There were, what, four women in the lineup?

And yet, he seems to know that Daryl killed his guys with Chekov's Rocket Launcher...

Safe bet. I'm not really sure how he knew it was a rocket launcher though. I don't know a thing about them and how much evidence of the rocket would be left behind.

And yet, he seems to know that Daryl killed his guys with Chekov's Rocket Launcher...

It is difficult to know what Negan knows/doesn't, but they all seem to lineup behind him so he probably knows a very high percentage of whatever anyone else in the group knows.

He might not know about the agreement with the Hilltop because everyone at that outpost is dead, but he still might.

He does know:

The location of the Hilltop

The group was trying to go somewhere carrying around a sick pregnant chick, first in an RV, then on a stretcher.

and he had his group block all the routes to the Hilltop.

Common man, he knew they were going to the Hilltop with Maggie being the one that had to get there.He should have put two and two together with Sasha missing.

He might not know about the agreement with the Hilltop because everyone at that outpost is dead, but he still might.

He does know:

The location of the Hilltop

The group was trying to go somewhere carrying around a sick pregnant chick, first in an RV, then on a stretcher.

and he had his group block all the routes to the Hilltop.

Common man, he knew they were going to the Hilltop with Maggie being the one that had to get there.He should have put two and two together with Sasha missing.

The reason Rick said Maggie didn't make it was to give Negan no reason to think Maggie may be at the Hilltop or that they even knew about the Hilltoppers. But yes, I agree, Negan should have been able to at least think they might be heading to the Hilltop. That being said, I don't think Negan knows. Let's face it, the only way to beat the Saviors is for the 3 groups to come together and if Negan had the slightest idea that they knew of each other, he would take them out.

So I just found this:

The Hilltop Colony, or simply The Hilltop, is a community that first appeared in "Knots Untie" of AMC's The Walking Dead. It is a farming community located in Virginia, led by a man named Gregory, and is located twenty miles from the Alexandria Safe-Zone.

If it is indeed 20 miles from the Alexandria Safe-Zone, then Negan could have intercepted Rick's crew well before they were even close and therefore wouldn't really think about them heading there.

Edited by ricojes

The reason Rick said Maggie didn't make it was to give Negan no reason to think Maggie may be at the Hilltop or that they even knew about the Hilltoppers. But yes, I agree, Negan should have been able to at least think they might be heading to the Hilltop. That being said, I don't think Negan knows. Let's face it, the only way to beat the Saviors is for the 3 groups to come together and if Negan had the slightest idea that they knew of each other, he would take them out.

So I just found this:

If it is indeed 20 miles from the Alexandria Safe-Zone, then Negan could have intercepted Rick's crew well before they were even close and therefore wouldn't really think about them heading there.

I get it. But he knew they were heading somewhere. And he knew they were in need of a doctor for Maggie or they wouldn't have been carrying her on a stretcher through the friggin woods. And if they decided to carrying her on a stretcher through the friggin woods in her condition, they were a lot closer than 20 miles away at that point.

I get it. But he knew they were heading somewhere. And he knew they were in need of a doctor for Maggie or they wouldn't have been carrying her on a stretcher through the friggin woods. And if they decided to carrying her on a stretcher through the friggin woods in her condition, they were a lot closer than 20 miles away at that point.

Possibly, impossible to say with the information we have. But I think that was there only option at the time. They had no choice but to walk no matter what the distance, it was their only hope of getting there however slim it may have been.

I'll spoiler tag it since I'm talking about the previews for next week's episode. I don't think it's really a spoiler, but I'll play it safe anyway:

They showed the Saviors visiting the Hilltop next week. I'll be curious to see how they react to seeing Gregory alive seeing as how Rick and co. played that severed head trick last season. Then again, maybe that news never got to Negan's group before Rick killed every last one of them. They'll also more than likely see that Maggie and Sasha there unless someone like Jesus decides to take the risk of trying to hide them.

I'll spoiler tag it since I'm talking about the previews for next week's episode. I don't think it's really a spoiler, but I'll play it safe anyway:

They showed the Saviors visiting the Hilltop next week. I'll be curious to see how they react to seeing Gregory alive seeing as how Rick and co. played that severed head trick last season. Then again, maybe that news never got to Negan's group before Rick killed every last one of them. They'll also more than likely see that Maggie and Sasha there unless someone like Jesus decides to take the risk of trying to hide them.

Rick and company showed the head and then killed everybody. Negan might not even know the other guys asked for the head, but he probably knows they at least asked....and probably not that it was faked. He knows Rick's group killed them, but could think it was a coincidence. He would have to at least investigate a connection though, right? It wouldn't have been implausible if Simon and a group left the Lucille scene, and split off from Negan immediately to go to Hilltop, before returning to the Sanctuary. They might have even beat Maggie and Sasha there. Probably not, because there are a lot of them in the preview. This episode should answer at least some of these holes. If nothing else, the hostage that the saviors had is now back at Hilltop, right? That'll raise some eyebrows.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Rick and company showed the head and then killed everybody. Negan might not even know the other guys asked for the head, but he probably knows they at least asked....and probably not that it was faked. He knows Rick's group killed them, but could think it was a coincidence. He would have to at least investigate a connection though, right? It wouldn't have been implausible if Simon and a group left the Lucille scene, and split off from Negan immediately to go to Hilltop, before returning to the Sanctuary. They might have even beat Maggie and Sasha there. Probably not, because there are a lot of them in the preview. This episode should answer at least some of these holes. If nothing else, the hostage that the saviors had is now back at Hilltop, right? That'll raise some eyebrows.

I can't imagine anyone in that group sending someone to kill Gregory without Negan's knowledge. That's just begging for an iron to the face.

Do you think Heath has to die so that Jack Bauer may live?

I think "Heath" is a goner 1) because the shows are with different networks and filmed in places far from each other and 2) the character to this point has been minor.

That being said, they could always recast the role given the unusual circumstances. However, it was rumored that the actor who played Dale (Jeffrey DeMunn) was unhappy with the show axing Darabont after Season 1 and wanted off. Instead of recasting Dale, a character that was significant in the comic telling of the story, they just killed off the character entirely.

I'm already growing weary of Negan's blustering about. I guess I should have stayed up for Talking Dead so Hardwick could talk me through it.

There needs to be a uniting of Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom pretty damned quick because I can't take much more of Negan's spooge all over Rick's face.

I'm already growing weary of Negan's blustering about. I guess I should have stayed up for Talking Dead so Hardwick could talk me through it.

There needs to be a uniting of Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom pretty damned quick because I can't take much more of Negan's spooge all over Rick's face.

I'm with you and said something about it earlier. Ok, we get it, Negan rules all. But in order to keep interest in the show up people aren't going to want to watch a bunch of episodes in a row where everyone is just blowing Negan because he's a bad ass. This show is about survival so eventually they're going to have to start formulating plans to fight back.

I'm with you and said something about it earlier. Ok, we get it, Negan rules all. But in order to keep interest in the show up people aren't going to want to watch a bunch of episodes in a row where everyone is just blowing Negan because he's a bad ass. This show is about survival so eventually they're going to have to start formulating plans to fight back.

I think they'll do a Hilltop/Maggie episode, A Heath Tara episode, an episode where Rick meets Zeke. At that point I think they start talking alliance but the douche from Hilltop is.....a douche. I think after these bottle episodes things will move quickly.

According to Negan it was down his throat.

And Rick said thank you.

It's only been two back to back episodes though. We had the Kingdom episode in between those and the premiere. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but last week's felt like it was more about Daryl/Dwight than anything else. I can see why people aren't crazy about it though. There is a definite change in tone here. They need this though if they're going to develop some story and advance the upcoming war.

The show needs more Jesus. He's the most interesting of the new people so far. Simon could be a fun one too (he even looks like Trevor from GTA5).

They have to be playing some sort of head game with the Hilltop and Gregory though. There's no way that they can't piece together the thought that they were in on the ambush of that Savior outpost. I feel like they tried to explain their way around that one though, that it was a separate group of Saviors in charge of dealing with the Hilltop. I'm not sure I buy it though.

I'll be curious to see how they wind up tying in the Kingdom, if the Hilltop maybe is aware of them already.

I read an interesting theory over the weekend:

Father Gabriel buried some weapons in Maggie's grave. While the Saviors took the RPG launcher, Abraham had a whole bag of grenades to go with the launcher and only one was used. It's likely that not all of the firearms were inventoried.

Wouldn't be the first time the tactic was used. Rick buried his Season 1 bag of weapons outside Terminus.

Edited by dpberr

I read an interesting theory over the weekend:

Father Gabriel buried some weapons in Maggie's grave. While the Saviors took the RPG launcher, Abraham had a whole bag of grenades to go with the launcher and only one was used. It's likely that not all of the firearms were inventoried.

Wouldn't be the first time the tactic was used. Rick buried his Season 1 bag of weapons outside Terminus.

Could be, but.....

The Saviors aren't stupid. In order to pull off that trick and still be short the 2 guns Spencer stole, they would have needed to create a separate inventory book after hiding and before Spencer stole them/Saviors early arrival/less than a week. This would mean the book would look too new for the Saviors to trust it. The old one would have looked worn and weathered with pages flipped through.

Still, there are at least 3 extra graves because Glenn and Abe are at the Hilltop. I'm sure they would have left the rocket launcher in "Savior" inventory because they were fresh out of rockets. Moron Darryl torched the lake with one instead of using...well...I don't know....a match?

Could be, but.....

The Saviors aren't stupid. In order to pull off that trick and still be short the 2 guns Spencer stole, they would have needed to create a separate inventory book after hiding and before Spencer stole them/Saviors early arrival/less than a week. This would mean the book would look too new for the Saviors to trust it. The old one would have looked worn and weathered with pages flipped through.

Still, there are at least 3 extra graves because Glenn and Abe are at the Hilltop. I'm sure they would have left the rocket launcher in "Savior" inventory because they were fresh out of rockets. Moron Darryl torched the lake with one instead of using...well...I don't know....a match?

What I didn't get is why did they even tell them they kept an inventory? I know they're very organized with everything else but if they wouldn't have told them about "the book" they could've gotten away with hiding more of them.