Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

What I didn't get is why did they even tell them they kept an inventory? I know they're very organized with everything else but if they wouldn't have told them about "the book" they could've gotten away with hiding more of them.

Because Rick isn't very bright.

What a snoozer episode last night. I mean literally. I fell asleep watching it and had to finish it this morning before work.

Yes, I remember this showing being a get your popcorn ready, can't wait for it event. Last night I was browsing the internet while somewhat watching.

Could be, but.....

The Saviors aren't stupid. In order to pull off that trick and still be short the 2 guns Spencer stole, they would have needed to create a separate inventory book after hiding and before Spencer stole them/Saviors early arrival/less than a week. This would mean the book would look too new for the Saviors to trust it. The old one would have looked worn and weathered with pages flipped through.

Still, there are at least 3 extra graves because Glenn and Abe are at the Hilltop. I'm sure they would have left the rocket launcher in "Savior" inventory because they were fresh out of rockets. Moron Darryl torched the lake with one instead of using...well...I don't know....a match?

I thought the same thing as well, but I think he was referring to uninventoried weapons. Although Gabriel would have to know about those. But maybe Abe trusted Gabriel to keep his stash a secret.

What I didn't get is why did they even tell them they kept an inventory? I know they're very organized with everything else but if they wouldn't have told them about "the book" they could've gotten away with hiding more of them.

I don't think it was voluntary information, it was that idiot Olivia that was strutting around with it. She could have easily hid the thing...

Edited by ricojes

Yes, I remember this showing being a get your popcorn ready, can't wait for it event. Last night I was browsing the internet while somewhat watching.

I think we need to sit through a bit of character development and wait for the big payoff that will be the war. It's next to impossible to introduce as many new groups and people as they are now without investing a ton of time into it. The whole thing is a bit too ambitious for a show that runs for only 8 single hour blocks, then disappears for a couple months.

I think we need to sit through a bit of character development and wait for the big payoff that will be the war. It's next to impossible to introduce as many new groups and people as they are now without investing a ton of time into it. The whole thing is a bit too ambitious for a show that runs for only 8 single hour blocks, then disappears for a couple months.

It looks from the previews like a new group next week.

I understand, the story needs to be told. But I am not sure if a little from each group per week, would be better than a whole show dedicated to one group. Because the way it is now, some of these episodes drag on and are uneventful, but tell a back story that needs to be told. That's all I am saying, I get the whole premise.

I'm already growing weary of Negan's blustering about. I guess I should have stayed up for Talking Dead so Hardwick could talk me through it.

I'm telling you Negan is TWD version of Rex. Talk, talk, talk, bluster, bully, in charge, blah... we're only a month in and he's already become a caricature of himself in my opinion. Hardwick holds the answers and the "I'm more clever than you" smirk that makes me wanna go Lucille on him.

The mid-season break is maddening for me! I can see a quick break over the holidays (especially with the holidays falling on Sunday this year), but fer Christ's sake, already! By the time, the series comes back and some of the fringe characters show up, I'm asking my wife, "who's that again?"

I understand, the story needs to be told. But I am not sure if a little from each group per week, would be better than a whole show dedicated to one group. Because the way it is now, some of these episodes drag on and are uneventful, but tell a back story that needs to be told. That's all I am saying, I get the whole premise.

The show has definitely fallen into the "This entire episode is going to be dedicated to these shlubs" category. And to a point, I understand the groups are splintered, but for me, if you go with the "Love Boat" formula where we see a little of each story line, the fringe characters are going to stick with me more due to more consistent exposure to them.

Speaking of fringe characters, Enid's now become the character that's right in my (and hopefully someone else's) crosshairs. Seriously, she's perpetually running away from Alexandria to some such BS. And Coral isn't going to save her anymore, except when he is?!!? She's approaching Lori and Andrea levels of dislike for me already.

I wish they would extend the length of each episode. Instead of dedicating an extra hour to Talking Dead, cut that in half and give the extra 30 minutes to the real show. I realize this has an impact on the production side, but it would be a much better use of the time.

As for the thought of not focusing on a single group per episode, I hear you there. The Kingdom seemed pretty interesting and different, but now we've gone almost a month without seeing them.I think if the show was longer like I suggested above, it would make it a lot easier to jump around a bit within the episodes.

I'm telling you Negan is TWD version of Rex. Talk, talk, talk, bluster, bully, in charge, blah... we're only a month in and he's already become a caricature of himself in my opinion. Hardwick holds the answers and the "I'm more clever than you" smirk that makes me wanna go Lucille on him.

I'd be perfectly fine with that if when he got here, Rex had bashed in the heads of Tom Brady and Jarvis Landry with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat,

I wish they would extend the length of each episode. Instead of dedicating an extra hour to Talking Dead, cut that in half and give the extra 30 minutes to the real show. I realize this has an impact on the production side, but it would be a much better use of the time.

As for the thought of not focusing on a single group per episode, I hear you there. The Kingdom seemed pretty interesting and different, but now we've gone almost a month without seeing them.I think if the show was longer like I suggested above, it would make it a lot easier to jump around a bit within the episodes.

That works for me. And yes, the Kingdom is way too interesting not to see it at all for a month. Really, if I missed this episode, someone could fill me in on everything in less than a minute. They don't have to do it for every episode, but this one was just too drawn out.

Edited by ricojes

I think Talking Dead has run its course. At this point, I'm sick of seeing 3/4 of the guests they have on and most of the cast members look like they are there because they are required to be.

I applaud that they keep trying to keep Kevin Smith relevant.

Edited by dpberr

I think Talking Dead has run its course. At this point, I'm sick of seeing 3/4 of the guests they have on and most of the cast members look like they are there because they are required to be.

I applaud that they keep trying to keep Kevin Smith relevant.

Does Kevin Smith own anything besides "ironic" hockey sweaters? But yeah seriously cut or 86 Talking Dead.

It would be epic if Negan showed up to Alexandria wearing a Clemson helmet...

:w00t:

And by the way, WHO THE HELL IS WATCHING JUDITH THIS TIME!?!?!?! I swear the disregard for supervision over children on this show is hilarious!!!!

Yea, I felt like they were teasing the beginning of "the War" in the upcoming previews

And by the way, WHO THE HELL IS WATCHING JUDITH THIS TIME!?!?!?! I swear the disregard for supervision over children on this show is hilarious!!!!

Father what's-his-face. The guy who, every time I see him, I ask myself "How have they not !@#$ing killed you yet?" If this were Star Trek, he'd be wearing red and not live past the opening credits.

I think the bigger plot hole is that Rick, after spending seasons running around screaming "CORAL!!!! WHERE'S CORAL!!!!! STAY BACK, CORAL!!!!!" just seems like "Judith?....meh." He still seems to care about Wyatt Twerp much, much more than Judith. That's probably how the show ends...a teenaged Judith stabbing Rick in the head repeatedly, screaming "YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!!! WHERE'S CORAL NOW????"

Father what's-his-face. The guy who, every time I see him, I ask myself "How have they not !@#$ing killed you yet?" If this were Star Trek, he'd be wearing red and not live past the opening credits.

I think the bigger plot hole is that Rick, after spending seasons running around screaming "CORAL!!!! WHERE'S CORAL!!!!! STAY BACK, CORAL!!!!!" just seems like "Judith?....meh." He still seems to care about Wyatt Twerp much, much more than Judith. That's probably how the show ends...a teenaged Judith stabbing Rick in the head repeatedly, screaming "YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!!! WHERE'S CORAL NOW????"

If that happens, it's the best show ever.

Judith and Carl's hair are the safest characters on the show. I imagine the network is extremely sensitive to any plot ideas that kill infants - even off screen.

Carl's hair was able to fight off both Jessie the experienced hairdresser *and* consistent showering to fight another day.

Edited by dpberr

God I hope not!

Spencer's gotta be next unless Heath gets it this week. Somebody usually dies in the mid-season finale. It won't be:

Rick, Coral, Negan, Maggie.

There are a ton of other probably nots.

Spencer seems the most likely to me because he has already pissed off both Rick and Negan. Rosita is living dangerously too. Jesus is with Carl on the way to the Sanctuary. Along with Heath, they are my top 3 with Sasha being #4. Better not be Sasha.

Another kinda snoozer episode. But I think it'll play in to the impending war with Negan and all the other settlements.

Yes, they have some serious fire power. they will need all they can get as it sounds like there are many more posts as well as the home base for the Saviors. Other than Tara's boobs bouncing all over the place, nothing else of significance...

Another kinda snoozer episode. But I think it'll play in to the impending war with Negan and all the other settlements.

Understatement. I understand the need to tie all the threads together from last season; I understand the need to introduce these different communities (that Alexandria somehow never ran in to before).

But for the past four seasons, I've found every scene - hell, every camera angle - that included Tara to be interminably boring. An entire episode centered on her was the viewing equivalent of insulin shock. :death:

Understatement. I understand the need to tie all the threads together from last season; I understand the need to introduce these different communities (that Alexandria somehow never ran in to before).

But for the past four seasons, I've found every scene - hell, every camera angle - that included Tara to be interminably boring. An entire episode centered on her was the viewing equivalent of insulin shock. :death:

And how long has it been since we actually saw her. She's already a very minor character, but then have her completely disappear for something like 8 episodes? I can't imagine too many people cared about this one at all.

And how long has it been since we actually saw her. She's already a very minor character, but then have her completely disappear for something like 8 episodes? I can't imagine too many people cared about this one at all.

i think it was 9 episodes since we have seen her, she didn't even know her girlfriend, Dr. Denise, was killed. She did just have a baby, so that may have been more of factor to her disappearance than anything else. But she definitely wasn't missed. The episode was about the new group of people and also confirms (if for some crazy reason someone had a doubt) that Negan is pure evil.

i think it was 9 episodes since we have seen her, she didn't even know her girlfriend, Dr. Denise, was killed. She did just have a baby, so that may have been more of factor to her disappearance than anything else. But she definitely wasn't missed. The episode was about the new group of people and also confirms (if for some crazy reason someone had a doubt) that Negan is pure evil.

And she (the actress) did allude on Talking Dead to being worried she was out of shape for the action scenes because of her pregnancy. Leads me to believe she was on some sort of extended maternity leave. I kind-of wish she'd stayed on it - nothing against Alanna Masterson, I just can't stand her character.

And she (the actress) did allude on Talking Dead to being worried she was out of shape for the action scenes because of her pregnancy. Leads me to believe she was on some sort of extended maternity leave. I kind-of wish she'd stayed on it - nothing against Alanna Masterson, I just can't stand her character.

She was pregnant when they shot last year's season and then had the kid when it was airing. I remember hearing that on Talking Dead at some point last year. I wonder how long it was between having the baby and then going back to film this episode. The two brief Heath scenes make it very obvious that those were shot first and then she came back at some later point to shoot the rest.

I'm surprised that you can't stand her. I don't remember a single thing about the character. They were talking about the humor in the character last night, but I didn't not remember a single bit of that in previous seasons. She's just so damn minor to the show. She's the random guy sitting at a table in that restaurant above Cheers. But then again, that would make Heath the janitor over at Harry's.

She was pregnant when they shot last year's season and then had the kid when it was airing. I remember hearing that on Talking Dead at some point last year. I wonder how long it was between having the baby and then going back to film this episode. The two brief Heath scenes make it very obvious that those were shot first and then she came back at some later point to shoot the rest.

I'm surprised that you can't stand her. I don't remember a single thing about the character. They were talking about the humor in the character last night, but I didn't not remember a single bit of that in previous seasons. She's just so damn minor to the show. She's the random guy sitting at a table in that restaurant above Cheers. But then again, that would make Heath the janitor over at Harry's.

That's probably why I can't stand her. She's basically scenery, aspiring to being a character, while I sit here, watching and thinking "Stop pretending she's a character! She's a frickin' tree!"