Bills in the 2016 Playoffs?? Yep.

Hey FireRex, I want to know when you're gonna change your pseudo name. We all want to know.

Can you realistically sit there and tell me that Rex and his coaching staff need to be fired at this point??

The point of the article that has been referenced above is simply that the Bills are currently in a very good position to make the playoffs this year. It's NOT saying that they definitely will make it!! Too many things can happen beyond their control to guarantee that.

For example, if key players get injured for long periods of time that will certainly have an adverse effect and could ultimately keep them out, but the point is that Rex has this team on the right track. They've won FOUR GAMES IN A ROW and they've done it in convincing fashion.

The truly amazing thing is that they've done it without some of their best players..........WATKINS, DAREUS, SH. LAWSON, HENDERSON, RAGLAND, and EASLEY.....................not to mention M. Lawson, Ka. Williams, Listenbee, et al.

I expect that this team will only get better once Dareus, Sh. Lawson, Henderson return. There's still a chance that Watkins, Easley, and Listenbee will play for the Bills this year.........and it wouldn't come too soon if you ask me because the WR corps has been seriously depleted.

Hey FireRex, I want to know when you're gonna change your pseudo name. We all want to know.

Can you realistically sit there and tell me that Rex and his coaching staff need to be fired at this point??

The point of the article that has been referenced above is simply that the Bills are currently in a very good position to make the playoffs this year. It's NOT saying that they definitely will make it!! Too many things can happen beyond their control to guarantee that.

For example, if key players get injured for long periods of time that will certainly have an adverse effect and could ultimately keep them out, but the point is that Rex has this team on the right track. They've won FOUR GAMES IN A ROW and they've done it in convincing fashion.

The truly amazing thing is that they've done it without some of their best players..........WATKINS, DAREUS, SH. LAWSON, HENDERSON, RAGLAND, and EASLEY.....................not to mention M. Lawson, Ka. Williams, Listenbee, et al.

I expect that this team will only get better once Dareus, Sh. Lawson, Henderson return. There's still a chance that Watkins, Easley, and Listenbee will play for the Bills this year.........and it wouldn't come too soon if you ask me because the WR corps has been seriously depleted.

I believe he has stated that he will change it if Buffalo makes the playoffs.

We simply have no business talking about playoffs. Especially as a Bills franchise. We've had better records and in better positions in the past. We are the losingest franchise in all of sports. Can you feel the BBFS?

This week has proven how close we can get to losing it all. Shady goes down, we go down.

With that, I've already stated when I will change my screen name. As of right now, Rex is 12-10 as our head coach. He's shown improvement these past few weeks, but so have other coaches who didn't make it. We've also just come off a streak where we haven't played a legit quarterback. That's not our fault, but it just means we haven't been fully tested yet.

Again, happy to be wrong. But this team does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. They don't get to fall into statistics showing that we have a good chance at the playoffs.

Until we have actually clinched a playoff spot, I will not change my tone on this. And there is absolutely no excuse that will serve as acceptable to bail out Rex. I don't care who gets hurt, what game we almost won, this is his team, his roster, and his result.

But RexOverLips does have a nice ring to is 😀

FireRex, so what you're saying is that if the Bills don't make the playoffs, for whatever reason, that Rex should be fired?? I think that's asinine. I think that's where we differ. I believe that Rex and his coaching staff (now that Lynn is running the show on offense and Rob Ryan is providing more input on defense, esp. on the red zone defense) are a coaching staff to be reckoned with.

Miami just beat the daylights out of the Steelers. Are you going to say that beating Miami proves nothing if the Bills win that game too??

"We've also just come off a streak where we haven't played a legit quarterback." - Really, you don't consider Carson Palmer to be a legit NFL QB??

No to Palmer. I think he's been done since the playoff game last year. He's lost his arm strength and he's trying to force it. He's reached his Peyton wall. I've said that since before the season began.

If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year, regardless of reason, I think Rex owns it. I'm not saying the team hasn't played well. I'm not saying he's the worst coach of all time. I'm saying that he still will not have proved himself as the head coach who is going to fix this franchise. Other coaches have gotten us to this point before and failed. We aren't in new waters here.

The ONLY thing I will concede is if they miss the playoff with a 9-7 record or better, that he'd earn himself another year. But that also depends on circumstances. If he gets blown out by the winning teams we face and barely beats the losers, I will be all for him getting fired.

End of the day, we were a joke last year. We looked like the worst team in football through 2 weeks. We have won 4 in a row, maybe 5 this Sunday, but who have we beat? The only playoff team we beat didn't have their HOF quarterback.

Are their positive signs? Yes. Have we seen them before? Definitely yes?

If you want to sign off as Rex as our savior, go for it. I need to see substance first. Been burned too many times.

Not sure if this takes into account our schedule the next few weeks after Miami:

Sun, Oct 30 New England

Mon, Nov 7 @Seattle

Sun, Nov 20 @Cincinnati

Sun, Nov 27 Jacksonville

Sun, Dec 4 @Oakland

Sun, Dec 11 Pittsburgh

1-5 over that stretch isn't unimaginable.

No to Palmer. I think he's been done since the playoff game last year. He's lost his arm strength and he's trying to force it. He's reached his Peyton wall. I've said that since before the season began.

Outside of the Bills game, Palmer stats look pretty good to me....

https://www.google.com/search?q=carson+palmer+stats&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

We have won 4 in a row, maybe 5 this Sunday, but who have we beat?

Who has anybody beat? The Bills have beaten 3 teams with .500 or better records (The Lards, Lambs, and Patsies**. The Patsies** have beat 1 and Denver hasn't beat any. Edited by reddogblitz

Who has anybody beat? The Bills have beaten 3 teams with .500 or better records (The Lards, Lambs, and Patsies**. The Patsies** have beat 1 and Denver hasn't beat any.

I'm not defending those teams either. I think Denver might be on the verge of falling apart and Oakland takes that division. Oaklands loss to KC worries me for them, but division games are always a little weird.

We can't control our schedule and 5-2 would be great. But we just can't say that we know what kind of team we have our if the playoffs are a real thing for probably 5 more games.

Call it BBFS, but I need to see more. If we go 4-3 over the next 7 weeks, I'll be on board.

Edited by FireRex

Then we can start on how the Bills didn't deserve to make the playoffs.

If anyone does that they should be banned from the forum. If the Bills make the playoffs it's going to require beating some quality opponents. Even the most ardent doubters questions at this moment should be answered with a playoff appearance.

Not sure if this takes into account our schedule the next few weeks after Miami:

Sun, Oct 30 New England

Mon, Nov 7 @Seattle

Sun, Nov 20 @Cincinnati

Sun, Nov 27 Jacksonville

Sun, Dec 4 @Oakland

Sun, Dec 11 Pittsburgh

We've put ourselves in the exact position we need to be in at this point of the season. That's all a team can do. Ultimately the outcome of this season is going to be dependent on the outcome of those games. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Sun, Oct 30 New England

Mon, Nov 7 @Seattle

Sun, Nov 20 @Cincinnati

Sun, Nov 27 Jacksonville

Sun, Dec 4 @Oakland

Sun, Dec 11 Pittsburgh

Why is Seattle more important than Jacksonville? As far as making the playoffs as WC, it's WAY more important. As far as winning the East, the 2 Fish games are even more important.

I'm not scared of any of these teams. We got Rex and Hotrod :)

Why is Seattle more important than Jacksonville? As far as making the playoffs as WC, it's WAY more important. As far as winning the East, the 2 Fish games are even more important.

Because seattle is a NFC team. We've won too many games against NFC teams and now must win the rest of them to make the playoffs.

Edited by The Wiz

No Watkins, No Shady, No playoffs, imo.

I don't see how we're going to move the ball and keep up with some of the offenses we're going to face.

With league leading Redzone defense, that's how.

Screw the wildcard. Win the division strait up.

Edited by Rockinon