Bills vs. Dolphins History

NFL Week 7 Maps

wwkzs2.jpg

CBS Broadcast Team
Play-by-Play: Tom McCarthy
Color Analyst: Adam Archuleta

Complete Effort Leads Miami To 30-15 Win

By Alain Poupart - miamidolphins.com

The Dolphins controlled every aspect of the game as they outgained 413 to 191 before Pittsburgh began a drive with a little than four minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Dolphins Vs. Steelers Postgame Notes

miamidolphins.com

Get all the notes and statistical milestones from Miami's 30-15 win against the Steelers.

NOTEBOOK: Maxwell Rises To The Occasion; Other Notes

Maxwell not only helped limit Brown to four catches for 39 yards, he had a career-high four passes broken up, including one on third down in the third quarter.

J-Train Runs Wild Against Steelers

Running back had the first 200-yard rushing game in the NFL this season and the fifth in Dolphins history (including playoffs). He joined Lamar Smith, Ricky Williams and Reggie Bush by finishing with 204 yards on 24 carries.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Job one, we gotta stop "Franklyn" Ajayi. 204 yds rushing against the Squeelers.

Its clear that the Steelers looked completely passed the Fish this week with their upcoming game vs Pats next week @home. The one steelers player puking in the end zone said it all about this game.

Shaq Lawson coming back right? Hopefully Dareus can play too. If they can both play 30% of the snaps that would be a huge addition to the defense.

Its clear that the Steelers looked completely passed the Fish this week with their upcoming game vs Pats next week @home. The one steelers player puking in the end zone said it all about this game.

Shaq Lawson coming back right? Hopefully Dareus can play too. If they can both play 30% of the snaps that would be a huge addition to the defense.

Shaq will be back and hopefully Dareus too. Will be good to get them both back into the defensive rotation in the next key stretch of games.

Let's hope Mr. Big Puff is in shape to come back. He's already stolen 2 game checks. Shaq Lawson should be interesting. Wearing Phil Hansen's number 90, big shoes to fill. Ola or Groy gets cut?

Shaq will be back and hopefully Dareus too. Will be good to get them both back into the defensive rotation in the next key stretch of games.

Shaq will be playing?

I know he will be able to practice, but I'd be surprised if he actually played in this game.

Injury update: Clay & Seymour

While the Bills dodged a major bullet with LeSean McCoy narrowly escaping a major knee injury late in the first half, another offensive playmaker did not finish the game.

TE Charles Clay left the game with an ankle injury in the second half. CB Kevon Seymour also left the game late in the second half. Head coach Rex Ryan provided an update.

We know nothing about Shaq at the NFL level- he needs to prove himself before im willing to say he will be an addition. Same goes Ragland.

Strange game in Miami yesterday...Fish "dominated" in run game but couldn't score consistently in red zone (2-for-6). I look at that game with more "is Pitt as good as we thought they were" questions than being terribly impressed with the Fish. Ajayi's final 62 yards were on the last-minute TD run.

Strange game in Miami yesterday...Fish "dominated" in run game but couldn't score consistently in red zone (2-for-6). I look at that game with more "is Pitt as good as we thought they were" questions than being terribly impressed with the Fish. Ajayi's final 62 yards were on the last-minute TD run.

Bad teams sometimes win on Sundays. I agree with your post. Yet, it'd be a little more comforting having a healthy 99 for this game after seeing what they did on the ground yesterday

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, but just a note for everyone who is down on Carpenter...

The Bills are 4th in the league in FG %, and tied for first in XP% (tied with 16 other teams, but still that means 15 teams have XP issues)

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, but just a note for everyone who is down on Carpenter...

The Bills are 4th in the league in FG %, and tied for first in XP% (tied with 16 other teams, but still that means 15 teams have XP issues)

Carp will be a Captain on Sunday.

@AKinkhabwala

#Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill sacked 17 times thru first 5 games. Sunday, w/ whole O-line together for 1st time, not sacked once, hit just 2x.

The Steelers are notorious for laying road eggs under Tomlin.

I have no idea what to make of Miami. Before Sunday it looked like they were one of the 5 worst teams in the league and Gase was in danger of losing the team already. Now I can't tell if we just disregard the Steelers game as them just laying an egg or if the shakeups in Miami opened everyone's eyes.

It sure was bad for my confidence picks.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Here are Jay Ajayi's rushing yards per game this year:

week 1 = 0 yards

week 2 = 14 yards

week 3= 28 yards

week 4 = 33 yards

week 5 = 42 yards

week 6 = 204 yards

He's not been tearing it up this year, not sure if he was hurt and the eased him in or not. We need to focus on stopping the run and getting to the QB.. Basic football this week..

The reason that Miami was moving the ball like that was twofold. Maybe threefold. First, they had their starting OL together which is rare. Albert, Tunsil had James all played and usually at least one is hurt. Tannehill barely touched, no pressure, big day for Ajayi. Second, Steelers have really struggled to rush the passer all year but yesterday were missing their biggest playmaker on the DL, cam Heyward, as well as their best LB, Ryan Shazier. Third, Steelers have a bad habit of playing down to their competition especially on the road.

This is the game TT needs to pass for 300+. The Dolphins pass D is terrible. Split Clay and Jack's grandson out often. Hunter needs a steady diet of deep crosses with Goodwin deep up the seam.

Is it terrible though? Didn't they shut down one of the better passing offenses this week (Brown had 4 catches for 39 yards)? Ben was 19/34 for 189 yrds with 1TD/2INTS.

Is it terrible though? Didn't they shut down one of the better passing offenses this week (Brown had 4 catches for 39 yards)? Ben was 19/34 for 189 yrds with 1TD/2INTS.

it is getting a little better but probably worth noting that Miami DC Vance Joseph is very familiar with preparing for Steelers offense. He was DBs coach in Cincy for years.

I'm not all the way back on Carp just yet, but if he keeps it going, I may let up. I just don't feel confident when he lines up to kick.

I'm not super excited about Lawson coming into the fold just yet. No training camp. No snaps this year. And, as a rookie, he's just supposed to pick up mid-season form and contribute? I'm not sold and I don't think we should be leaning on him to make significant contributions. Especially coming off surgery. The defense is playing well. Why not just shelf him until next year?

I'm not super excited about Lawson coming into the fold just yet. No training camp. No snaps this year. And, as a rookie, he's just supposed to pick up mid-season form and contribute? I'm not sold and I don't think we should be leaning on him to make significant contributions. Especially coming off surgery. The defense is playing well. Why not just shelf him until next year?

did you watch Joey Bosa in his first two games after coming back?

That's why.

Because he's healthy and ready to contribute. Adding a talented player in a situational role is a good thing.