Week 7: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would come out with the short passing game.

Miami is going to game plan to support their porous run defense, and I think there's the chance to hurt them with passes to backs and TEs early on, and then lean on the run game as things move forward.

Defensively, the key has to be pressuring Tannehill; he simply can't play against it.

CBS Sports: NFL Week 7 Early Odds

Bills at Dolphins (Opening line: Bills, -2.5 points)

Current line: Bills, (-3 points). If you're looking for a hot team to bet, you might want to go with the Bills, who are 4-0 ATS over the past four weeks. Not only have they covered in each game since Week 3, but they've been covering easily. During their winning streak, the Bills have won their games by 15 (Cardinals), 16 (Patriots), 11 (Rams) and 29 (49ers). Although Jay Ajayi had a breakout game in Week 6 for the Dolphins (204 yards), he's going to have a tough time finding running room against a Bills defense that surrenders less than 100 yards per game on the ground (97.2 yards per game).

Dolphins Showing Their Tight End Depth
By Alain Poupart - miamidolphins.com
Gray and Jones earned praise for their blocking and also contributed in the passing game by combining for four catches, including Gray’s 53-yard reception in the second quarter.

NOTEBOOK: Foster’s Contributions Go Beyond Stats; Other Notes
By Alain Poupart - miamidolphins.com

While the veteran running back only played 11 offensive snaps, had three rushing attempts for 3 yards and caught two passes for 12 yards, his leadership was noticed by the coaches.

@JoeBuscaglia

Shaq Lawson will return to the #Bills this week, but might not play vs Miami. Is it the smart play? My full thoughts: https://t.co/MjLlcdBZkq

#Bills HC Rex Ryan on Shaq Lawson: We'll see if he plays. Hasn't had a day of practice yet. Have to do the smart thing for him.

I would come out with the short passing game.

Miami is going to game plan to support their porous run defense, and I think there's the chance to hurt them with passes to backs and TEs early on, and then lean on the run game as things move forward.

Defensively, the key has to be pressuring Tannehill; he simply can't play against it.

So it was you who gameplanned the 2nd half yesterday....

-3? Buffalo is the better team right now and has already won a tougher game on the road during this streak. Miami is coming off a game where they took advantage of an undermanned steelers front. I'm not buying any stock in the Dolphins, good luck to that oline playing in their 2nd game together and facing Ryan's multiple fronts.

Bills roll 27-13

Heck no.

I'm basing this on the idea that Miami plays Buffalo twice a year, every year.

I'm just saying that it would make sense for this to be a week to use the short passing game to set up the run.

Just having fun with ya. That pass pass pass punt after halftime drove me nuts. I'd like to see us establish the run, then go to play action. But if they come with 8/9 in the box and stuff us, by all means, make TT earn his game check.

Just having fun with ya. That pass pass pass punt after halftime drove me nuts. I'd like to see us establish the run, then go to play action. But if they come with 8/9 in the box and stuff us, by all means, make TT earn his game check.

From what I could tell the 49ers were run blitzing like crazy and the Bills were trying to exploit it - but didn't execute.

Oh I know

That'd be ideal, and it's my plan as well. I just happen to believe they'll be most effective rushing early if they can soften up the interior with some short timing throws. Actually quite similar to their opening drive of last year's game in Miami

Edited by thebandit27