Week 7: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

Here we go again? Pittsburgh's annual swoon

This week's biggest winners

3) The Bills' running game: Even in Rex Ryan's wildest dreams, he couldn't have imagined averaging 212 rushing yards in new offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn's first four games. (And Rex would rank high in the Power Rankings of NFL Coaches with the Wildest, Wildest Dreams.)

The Bills are now converting third-and-22 runs by LeSean McCoy, who has been the best player on the field for four weeks running. Free rushers can't take down quarterback Tyrod Taylor on third-and-long. It's a wonderful combination of diverse power scheming and two players who can make any defender miss.

Narratives that were busted

2) The Dolphins can no longer be mentioned as a candidate for the worst team in the NFL. Coach Adam Gase finally found the magic number of firings and benchings (74) to wake up his squad. Don't blame Pittsburgh's 30-15 loss to Miami on Ben Roethlisberger's knee injury. The Dolphins were controlling the game from the jump because Miami's offensive line, finally healthy, pushed Pittsburgh's defense around. The Dolphins could have easily won by 30 points if not for some missed opportunities.

In a strange way, this result puts more pressure on Gase and quarterback Ryan Tannehill. We've seen what this team is capable of, even when Mario Williams only gets off the bench for 13 defensive snaps. Now the Dolphins need to back it up.

Dolphins got lucky and Big Ben was hurt... Simple as that. They will be back to normal this weekend. Crazy how even when the Dolphins are garbage media tries so hard to paint them positive. It is like whoever gives them the best ass kiss will get to live in Miami.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dolphins got lucky and Big Ben was hurt... Simple as that. They will be back to normal this weekend. Crazy how even when the Dolphins are garbage media tries so hard to paint them positive. It is like whoever gives them the best ass kiss will get to live in Miami.

Yeah, despite the Fish OL "pushing Pittsburgh's defense around" they were only 2-for-6 in scoring red zone TDs. Not exactly "pushing around" if you ask me.

Yeah, despite the Fish OL "pushing Pittsburgh's defense around" they were only 2-for-6 in scoring red zone TDs. Not exactly "pushing around" if you ask me.

I didnt get to see the game but was surprised by the score. WTH happened there? Anyone? I really hope we dont take the fins softly, we need to keep winning and bring that momentum for the 2nd Brady game, cant afford to lay an egg now.

I didnt get to see the game but was surprised by the score. WTH happened there? Anyone? I really hope we dont take the fins softly, we need to keep winning and bring that momentum for the 2nd Brady game, cant afford to lay an egg now.

The Stillers were certainly out of sync and playing hurt -- their best DL wasn't playing, they are thin at WR...and then Ben got hurt before halftime. That, and for whatever reason they tend to play poorly on the road against lesser opponents.

It still was a one score game until Ajayi broke off a long TD run in the final 2:00.

I guarantee the Bills aren't "overlooking" a division opponent.

The Stillers were certainly out of sync and playing hurt -- their best DL wasn't playing, they are thin at WR...and then Ben got hurt before halftime. That, and for whatever reason they tend to play poorly on the road against lesser opponents.

It still was a one score game until Ajayi broke off a long TD run in the final 2:00.

I guarantee the Bills aren't "overlooking" a division opponent.

I hope not. Memories of that Nov 2014 loss still haunt me

tumblr_n6jhh9IHRx1tp8oylo1_500.gif

@JaySkurski

Rex Ryan starts his press conference saying Tyrod Taylor has "the best-smelling breath" of any quarterback in the NFL. #Bills

Not practicing Wednesday: Charles Clay, Marcell Dareus, Robert Woods, Lerentee McCray, Cordy Glenn. #Bills

Ryan says he's not "overly concerned" about any of the players not practicing Wednesday missing Sunday's game, including Dareus. #Bills

Ryan hedges a little on whether Shaq Lawson will play, saying he wants to see him in practice first. #Bills

Ryan said the #Bills were "embarrassed beyond belief" over the first two weeks, particularly the game against the #NYJets.

Ryan: "We've got a lot of great team guys. There's no question about that." #Bills

Rex says the #Bills will have Shaq Lawson practice some with the starters. "We'll see how he does."

@ChrisBrownBills

Limited in practice today-Kouandjio, P. Lewis, Seymour, White. #Bills

Rex on Lawson- "We'll err on side of caution with him. But if he looks great this week, we'll let 'er rip." #Bills

@viccarucci

Rex on satisfaction of D success without Mario Williams: "That doesn't mean anything. We knew we had to improve this year."

@buffalobills

"Shady is such a charismatic guy. You've gotta love him. His abilities are rare. We love him, and guys feed off his energy."

CvJKzg1WEAAMEiY.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex asked why he's won 4 straight in Miami - "I don't know, great Mexican (food) I guess. That makes sense to me." #Bills

@SalSports

Rex emotional talking about Dennis Byrd. Says he received package once from him - jersey he was wearing trainers cut off him when paralyzed

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan said of Lorenzo Alexander, that they knew early on what they were getting at training camp.

@viccarucci

Rex on #Bills' winning streak: "We don't want to let each other down." Theme the team has pushed internally.

@JonTWCNews

"We're trying to win one game in a row this week." - Rex on trying to push win streak to 5 straight. #Bills

@WGR550

Rex- It's still a size/speed league, the bigger they are, the harder they hit

@viccarucci

Rex on possibly losing Rob Ryan & Anthony Lynn to HC jobs: "I hope we do, bc they earn it. You want those guys to move onto head coaches."

@JaySkurski

Rex on the #Dolphins' win over Pittsburgh: "That was super impressive. ... They pretty much dominated that game."

@SalSports

I gave Rex my theory about smaller defenders now to combat spread offenses and how offenses are starting to take advantage in run game again

He agreed and noted several players being drafted who are safety/LB hybrids and move to smaller LBs overall.

As always, Bills fans, remember, Wednesday practice participation means pretty much nothing. Lots of guys held out or limited every week.

Dareus still not practicing? WTF is going on?

When it happened, on a Friday, Rex didn't know if he was going to play that week. Now, multiple weeks later and he has still yet to practice

Rex sounded optimistic (for the first time since the injury occurred) that he could play this week.