3-2, but Tyrod Taylor has only 1 INT ever on the road

r00tabaga

In 10 career road starts, TT has 14 TD's and only 1 INT. The old saying is, "defense travels well". If he doesn't turn the ball over and we are playing well on D, our chances of winning go way up. You keep the score close. You always have a chance.

Basically, Tyrod is built for this team. Him being a weapon with his legs is a bonus.

In 10 career road starts, TT has 14 TD's and only 1 INT. The old saying is, "defense travels well". If he doesn't turn the ball over and we are playing well on D, our chances of winning go way up. You keep the score close. You always have a chance.

Basically, Tyrod is built for this team. Him being a weapon with his legs is a bonus.

ball security is not going to be enough for the NNN's you should know that.

He needs to throw for 300 yards....a bunch of TDs....and one of them being the game winner.

Thats a really underrated part of his game we overlook wayyy to often. The way the defense and run game is playing now, TT just has to manage the game, extend drives, and make some plays with his legs and arm for us to win. He doesnt need to be Aaron Rodgers back there. If we keep getting him in the rhythm with the short passing game like we did vs the Pats and Cards hes gonna develop into what most on here are crying for. Patience guys its only his 2nd year and hes already better then tanneyhill whose been starting for 4

Edited by Marty McFly

He needs to throw for 300 yards....a bunch of TDs....and one of them being the game winner.

I haven't seen one person say they demand 300 yards. Why this has become the rallying cry is beyond me.

Anyone miffed at Taylor's lack of production has been saying that in the long run you can't sustain victories passing the ball for 100-150 yards.

His accuracy has dropped and at the game yesterday I felt like he was staring down receivers and missed a few wide open targets. I don't think Taylor is terrible, but we need a passing attack to win in the NFL in 2017.

I haven't seen one person say they demand 300 yards. Why this has become the rallying cry is beyond me.

Anyone miffed at Taylor's lack of production has been saying that in the long run you can't sustain victories passing the ball for 100-150 yards.

His accuracy has dropped and at the game yesterday I felt like he was staring down receivers and missed a few wide open targets. I don't think Taylor is terrible, but we need a passing attack to win in the NFL in 2017.

Pretty much everyone that didn't like EJ his rookie, second season used the 300+ yards as the benchmark for why he was bad. It could be poking fun at the people saying that if they can't throw 300+ every game they aren't good or they could be serious.

Not buying it. Tyrod has the it factor that doesn't show up in stats. 3 in a row and you guys are complaining when are you happy. Don't get it. Are we really calling for EJ? We would be 0-5 with him wake up.

Edited by TYROD1QB

I heard yesterday that the Bills were 8-1 when he throws for less than 200 yards. That's a very interesting stat. Obviously you don't want him to have a bad game throwing the ball. But he really doesn't have to throw that much in this alleged passing league to win games. He missed a few throws yesterday. He needs to hit Woods on that bomb. But Woods, Goodwin, Clay all dropped balls right in their hands. Two of them would have picked up big chunks of yards. I thought Powell dropped that slant pass which would have been the fourth drop. No one makes that play for the TD to Hunter except maybe Russell Wilson. He doesn't turn the ball over. He makes ridiculous runs, like the third and nineteen. He just cannot be compared to other plays in the stat category.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

How's that been working out for Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers lately? Edited by matter2003

How's that been working out for Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers lately?

Philip Rivers has thrown for 350+ yards 21 x. His record in those games is 9-12. The fantasy people need to realize throwing for alot of yards has never correlated with winning as much as efficient passing.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Fantasy football is ruining America...lol

Wow, 8-1 when under 200??? That's interesting. Kinda proves my point. He is a weapon who plays smart. 62% comp & 3rd down % needs to get better though.

I think we can win 10 with this kid, plus I really like his demeanor. Love that he's my quarterback!

because JFH, likes to take any criticism to the extreme and exaggerate it to the extreme to make them sound dumb.

Stats dont tell the whole story, based on accuracy you would have to say Tyrod is more accurate then Aaron Rodgers, which the stats currently display if you look them up...go ahead take a look ill wait

Therefore I wouldnt use accuracy alone out of context to label one as efficient or not

How about not be in the mid to lower 20's ranking in every major statistical QB category. Can I ask for that?

Or is that going overboard?

How about not be in the mid to lower 20's ranking in every major statistical QB category. Can I ask for that?

Or is that going overboard?

I've said it in other threads but ALL I want is top 5 in TO, top 10 in Red Zone TD %, and top 10 3rd down %. I don't care what you do in completion %, YPA, Yards, QBR. If you hit those metrics you are going to win a lot of games. It might be ugly but it will be a lot (I know some of those are team stats).

Let's be honest: Taylor is the worst starter at passing in the NFL. He does other things but in a pass happy league, you are so limited in what you can do.

And yet they win games on the ground. So maybe, just maybe, Tyrod's low passing numbers are more a function of not needing to air it out when you are shredding the opponent on the ground? Considering who we play the next two weeks, don't expect that to change.

Let's be honest: Taylor is the worst starter at passing in the NFL. He does other things but in a pass happy league, you are so limited in what you can do.

Tyrod Taylor is NOT the worst passer in the NFL. As every Taylor cynic acknowledges, at least last year, he had as nice a deep ball as anyone in the league. If he attempted as many passes as, say, Ryan Tannehill, he would put up much better numbers. Not to mention, if he actually had a 6'2" 1st/2nd round beast to throw to like most QB's have at their disposal. He is semi-efficient given what he has to work with and can improve. But he is far from the worst PASSER in the league, that's absurd.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

And yet they win games on the ground. So maybe, just maybe, Tyrod's low passing numbers are more a function of not needing to air it out when you are shredding the opponent on the ground? Considering who we play the next two weeks, don't expect that to change.

His low passing yards are the reason we lost to Baltimore.

Tyrod Taylor is NOT the worst passer in the NFL. As every Taylor cynic acknowledges, at least last year, he had as nice a deep ball as anyone in the league. If he attempted as many passes as, say, Ryan Tannehill, he would put up much better numbers. Not to mention, if he actually had a 6'2" 1st/2nd round beast to throw to like most QB's have at their disposal. He is semi-efficient given what he has to work with and can improve. But he is far from the worst PASSER in the league, that's absurd.

I think Tannehill sucks but I do think he is a slightly more consistent overall passer than Taylor. We have a much better rb than Miami and better oline.

Taylor has a great deep ball. That's why every DC tries to take that away. Taylor does some very good things. But there's a reason we only seem to be scrub Qbs.

tyrod also gets it done with his legs. if he accounts for close 3700 yards is that an effective starter? flacco throws for a bit more than that each year and he's a solid starter

He's on pace for 3,400 total yards.

I just go back to how much pressure it puts on the defense to keep us in every game. Eventually, they will break.

Jim Kelly threw for 300+ yards all the time. When Jim Kelly was our QB, we won a lot. I feel happy when we win a lot. Therefore, we need our QB to throw for 300+ yards for me to feel happy...right?

Nostalgia + bad logic + confusing Madden with reality = sadness + envy. The equation is balanced.

He's on pace for 3,400 total yards.

I just go back to how much pressure it puts on the defense to keep us in every game. Eventually, they will break.

i am assuming tyrod turns it up a bit and ends up at last years number. like others have said...denver, seattle, jets all need defense to keep it tight. defense wins titles

Jim Kelly threw for 300+ yards all the time. When Jim Kelly was our QB, we won a lot. I feel happy when we win a lot. Therefore, we need our QB to throw for 300+ yards for me to feel happy...right?

Nostalgia + bad logic + confusing Madden with reality = sadness + envy. The equation is balanced.

That's probably the best one yet.

Smart dude.

I've said it in other threads but ALL I want is top 5 in TO, top 10 in Red Zone TD %, and top 10 3rd down %. I don't care what you do in completion %, YPA, Yards, QBR. If you hit those metrics you are going to win a lot of games. It might be ugly but it will be a lot (I know some of those are team stats).

I think YPA is important, and I'm not talking about boosting the average up by throwing four or five bombs per game. Intermediate throws gives the running game more room. With the way the offense is presently run, that's key.

I think YPA is important, and I'm not talking about boosting the average up by throwing four or five bombs per game. Intermediate throws gives the running game more room. With the way the offense is presently run, that's key.

I think it can be instructive too, but I also think it is very scheme based. We took and connected on more deep shots last year thus we had a higher YPA. Another team might have a scheme to do "long handoffs" a lot. That would lower YPA but if that QB hits those 3 main points; TOs, RZ%, 3rd%; are more relevant to winning.