How Has Adolphus Washington Been Doing?

JPL7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't seem to be making much of an impact (positive or negative), but it does seem like Kyle, Bryant and Douzable are doing well as the main linemen. And Rex is moving guys around a lot up there so it's hard to really say anything definitive about the planning and execution. We're used to seeing a starting DL and this year Jerry gets 91% of snaps but then Kyle has taken 79% and the rest of the guys we label as D-Linemen have played less than half of the snaps on an individual basis.

He doesn't seem to be making much of an impact (positive or negative), but it does seem like Kyle, Bryant and Douzable are doing well as the main linemen. And Rex is moving guys around a lot up there so it's hard to really say anything definitive about the planning and execution. We're used to seeing a starting DL and this year Jerry gets 91% of snaps but then Kyle has taken 79% and the rest of the guys we label as D-Linemen have played less than half of the snaps on an individual basis.

That's a pretty cool stat. Shows how much we depend on our LBs. With Dareus back, Kyle should even get a little more time off to keep him fresh for the playoffs. ;)

I think Douzable has played well and he's rotating in for him (just from watching the games, not studying all-22).. Had one nice play vs Arizona that I recall. At this point in his rookie season I think he's most effective in situational packages on 3rd down.

he will be solid rotational player for this year once Dareus is in full swing ; plus he'll have an offseason to get a lot stronger, which is what all rookie DLs do. they're never ready for the NFL coming out of combine season; these 4 games of in season reps can only help. another win for Whaley.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

I think Douzable has played well and he's rotating in for him (just from watching the games, not studying all-22).. Had one nice play vs Arizona that I recall. At this point in his rookie season I think he's most effective in situational packages on 3rd down.

Douzable and Jerel Worthy have been great depth finds on the DL...Corbin Bryant has been very good as well. Whaley has quietly built a very deep, very good DLine that both plays the run and the pass well, something that is very difficult these days in the NFL.

Washington has been OK I think...haven't noticed much good or bad, which for a 3rd round rookie is actually good. I'd expect to see him improving as the season goes on

Edited by matter2003

He's effective when he penetrates, tends to get pushed around when he doesn't. Haven't seen him get blown up however.

GL, isn't res ipsa loquitur in your signature line more or less Latin for Washington's play speaks for itself?

Which I guess why you said, Washington is effective when he's effective and ineffective when he's ineffective.

I think he's shown some promise as a rookie but he's inconsistent.

he will be solid rotational player for this year once Dareus is in full swing ; plus he'll have an offseason to get a lot stronger, which is what all rookie DLs do. they're never ready for the NFL coming out of combine season; these 4 games of in season reps can only help. another win for Whaley.

Yep! It's amazing how smart Whaley is again after two wins! I think back to the talent we had 10 years ago. This roster is truly amazing. Before the Pegulas purchased the team, the roster was made of retreads and presented by Brandon using smoke and mirrors. This is a legit NFL roster with playoff potential.

He'd been very solid so far but I was a little disappointed and wondering why the staff didn't seem to trust him enough to give him more snaps.

I'd be interested to see if he got an increased workload today and wonder if maybe this was the week he finally bypassed Bryant in the staff's eyes.

He'd been very solid so far but I was a little disappointed and wondering why the staff didn't seem to trust him enough to give him more snaps.

I'd be interested to see if he got an increased workload today and wonder if maybe this was the week he finally bypassed Bryant in the staff's eyes.

Bryant has been playing NT with MD sidelined so Idt comparing snaps will serve much purpose. Although, moving forward, it will be interesting to see the snap count at 5T once Dareus returns