Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

My complaint is the complete mismanagement of the injury. If it was that bad then why was he at training camp and playing (limited) in the preseason? Should have been rehabbing not aggravating it more.

I'm sorry, your comments contain nuance and applied critical reasoning.

Could you please restate your comments in simple to understand, all or nothing, black and white terms?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, this is weird, why would they not test it out on Sunday to see how it feels if it's about pain management?

Hmm cause he's a complete puss? Gone are the days of players giving everything for their team including getting a shot to numb the pain and contribute to your team who needs you desperately. If it "can't get any worse" and it's just a "pain management issue" then what gives? You guys can flame away all you want. Albeit a tremendous talent My opinion is a Puh-C Primadonna.

Hmm cause he's a complete puss? Gone are the days of players giving everything for their team including getting a shot to numb the pain and contribute to your team who needs you desperately. If it "can't get any worse" and it's just a "pain management issue" then what gives? You guys can flame away all you want. Albeit a tremendous talent My opinion is a Puh-C Primadonna.

I can feel your frustration. Only Watkins knows if he did the work to rehab properly. Did he try to play thru something he shouldn't have? Did the team push him to try and play when he should have been doing rehab? Was it a football related injury? Does it require more surgery? Is it only a pain issue and if so, why not play?

This was the first comp that came to mind. I read threads like this and wonder why half the posters bother to follow the bills. Relentlessly negative whiners. There are legitimate things to criticize. Watkins hurting his !@#$ing foot isn't one of them.

I agree. Some people are calling him a bust. Some are calling him a #2 WR but not a true #1. I get the "what have you done for me lately" attitude, but we've seen his talent, he just needs to get healthy. Sammy Watkins makes this team better.

You are making an awful lot of assumptions, most of them likely incorrect. SW said in a recent interview that the foot was better than he thought it would be at this point, it was " fine" and not an excuse . If it were really as simple as getting a shot and going out and playing being able to stop , cut, get in an out of breaks effectively SW would obviously be doing that. Why wouldn't he? At the very least, any player would be going out and trying to put up numbers so they could get their next ( bigger) contract and get out of Buffalo, right? Since you think that is the only thing motivating them, it's obviously a big incentive to perform on Sundays. If SW doesn't play , he puts up no numbers and no team will give him big $$. It will be a veteran minimum " prove it " kind of deal with no security against future injury. If you ever listen to SWs interviews, he doesn't come across as a primadonna "diva receive-ah" at all. Usually complements others on the team and generally seems like a great teammate. It's too bad he's had such a terrible streak of luck in a Bills uniform. When he has been healthy such as in the last half of 2015 , I was very excited at what he was able to do. More than I have been for any Bills offensive player since Eric Moulds came into his own. Watkins has far more ability than Moulds did IMO. I hope he can get the foot where it needs to be to get medical clearance again because I think this guy wants to be out there playing. You and others are certainly entitled to your opinions even when they are likely wrong. Hopefully Bills fans can see Watkins on the field healthy in 2016. He is the most talented offensive player on the team by a long shot, and the only WR capable of being a #1 wideout on this roster right now.

It's funny how similar Watkins and Juilliard Jones careers are. Jones missed 3 games in his first 2 years and then missed 11 in his 3rd year because of the foot fracture.

Guess Julio Jones is a kitty too, according to some.

It's funny, but that's the only thing similar about the careers of Jones and Watkins....

It's funny, but that's the only thing similar about the careers of Jones and Watkins....

Julio Jones' rookie year: 54 receptions, 959 yards (17.8 avg), 8 TDs. Sammy Watkins' rookie year: 65 receptions, 982 yards (15.1 avg), 6 TDs

Julio Jones' second year: 79 receptions, 1,198 yards (15.2 avg), 10 TDs. Sammy Watkins' second year: 60 receptions, 1,047 yards (17.5 avg), 9 TDs

While Julio missed time in his first year and Sammy his second, I would say these numbers are similar.

Julio Jones' rookie year: 54 receptions, 959 yards (17.8 avg), 8 TDs. Sammy Watkins' rookie year: 65 receptions, 982 yards (15.1 avg), 6 TDs

Julio Jones' second year: 79 receptions, 1,198 yards (15.2 avg), 10 TDs. Sammy Watkins' second year: 60 receptions, 1,047 yards (17.5 avg), 9 TDs

While Julio missed time in his first year and Sammy his second, I would say these numbers are similar.

Not to mention Matt Ryan vs. EJ/Orton & Tyrod.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Because Watkins doesn't play w Matt Ryan ?

Get some glasses Sammy doubters.

That boy good.

One can always compare someone with top level prolonged production with someone who might have been able to do the same under different circumstances.

When Sammy is 3 more years in to his career and healthy throughout that period and puts up Julio's numbers, then it is a legitimate comparison.

They are similar. Especially the rookie year, when SW had at least a decent NFL QB throwing him the ball. The improvement in year 2 didn't come because the QBs ability as an NFL passer was worse . So much SW hate here because of butt hurt " fans" who didn't like that SW lashed out at some jerks and put them in their place. That's the bottom line, period. His comments shattered their reality.

They are similar. Especially the rookie year, when SW had at least a decent NFL QB throwing him the ball. The improvement in year 2 didn't come because the QBs ability as an NFL passer was worse . So much SW hate here because of butt hurt " fans" who didn't like that SW lashed out at some jerks and put them in their place. That's the bottom line, period. His comments shattered their reality.

Which of his comments achieved that?