Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Watkins ever really been healthy? It seems like he's been battling this foot injury since he was drafted. Are you sure that they're going to sign up for more of that?

They absolutely will.

And, they'll absolutely tag him the next year if they can't resign him. The only way Sammy doesn't get a second contract from Buffalo is if Whaley is fired. From an optics standpoint alone, Whaley has to resign Sammy.

A new GM may choose to move on, but it won't be due to concerns about Sammy's talent not being worth the asking price.

Does this mean it's either him or Shaq?

As far as playing this season?

I believe Lawson is on the Reserve/PUP list which is a different designation than injured reserve.

EDIT: Surprise. 26CornerBlitz beat me to it.

Edited by K-9

People ragging on Watkins for not playing with pain are idiots. Sound feet and footwork are essential for a WR to play at his capacity, and the stress placed on the feet at the position is extremely high. Just think how difficult it would be for all of you if you had a butt injury and tried to sit in front of your computers for 10 hours straight.

With that said, even if Whaley couldn't have predicted Sammy's injury prone nature, the trade was stupid when it happened and this only exacerbates the damage done.

if you like watching powell play more than sammy play.... well, i think we figured out how the stadium stays full after all these years.

Listen Powell played way passed his pay grade in pre-season. The guy plays with fire, hes got sneaky speed, gets great separation and has good hands (last week he was nervous had 2 drops but, expecting him to have sticky hands the rest of the season). Hes gonna be the #2 or #3 in Sammys absence. We all know Sammy is our ONLY Star WR, and were all bummed the F.O didnt PUP from the start like they should have :wallbash: but that doesn't down play the beginning of Powell's rise up the Bills depth chart. Keep your eye on him Sainty, once he gets used to live ammunition hes gonna creel! :beer:

Sustained, probably not. But it wasn't exactly awe inspiring with him so far this season.

And truthfully this just mean that Powell will get more playing time and I just like watching him play.

Dont let him **** on our underdog hero brehh!!

i guess. Doesn't work that way when that kind of talent goes down. Sure, put Greg F ing Salas in there, no problem. burp. oh wait, he's out as well. this blows. every year. who's next?

Sammy wasn't producing to his highest level so how much does it matter? I'd rather have healthy guys out there going 100%

That's not the issue though. It isn't who is catching the ball that hurts this offense in the passing game

People ragging on Watkins for not playing with pain are idiots. Sound feet and footwork are essential for a WR to play at his capacity, and the stress placed on the feet at the position is extremely high. Just think how difficult it would be for all of you if you had a butt injury and tried to sit in front of your computers for 10 hours straight.

With that said, even if Whaley couldn't have predicted Sammy's injury prone nature, the trade was stupid when it happened and this only exacerbates the damage done.

I break my foot, I don't miss a day of work. I don't even bother going to the doctor, I just set it myself.

And when people B word at me for it, I tell them "C'mon, it's not like I'm a pro athlete. If I were a defensive end, you'd better believe I'd be seeing doctors and taking time off from work to let it heal fully."

Listen Powell played way passed his pay grade

Hello...McFly...??? "...PAST his pay grade."

The season doesn't hinge on Sammy alone. Hate to see this happen, but not ready to give up just yet.

Thats the right attitude! Chiefs lost Jamar Charles last season, went 1-5....RAN THE TABLE (including beating us with a healthy Watkins), made the playoffs and won the WC. If they can do it so can we.

This beers for u CeeLo!

:beer:

Sammy wasn't producing to his highest level so how much does it matter? I'd rather have healthy guys out there going 100%

That's not the issue though. It isn't who is catching the ball that hurts this offense in the passing game

Truer words never spoken.

WTF????

Shelving him for 8 weeks? What the hell happened that it went from simply a pain management issue to him going on IR?

Is this Jairius Byrd 2.0? Team says he is fine but he says he can't play?

I suspect it wasn't merely a "pain management" issue.

I break my foot, I don't miss a day of work. I don't even bother going to the doctor, I just set it myself.

And when people B word at me for it, I tell them "C'mon, it's not like I'm a pro athlete. If I were a defensive end, you'd better believe I'd be seeing doctors and taking time off from work to let it heal fully."

Hello...McFly...??? "...PAST his pay grade."

Funny work story, my boss also expects me in even if I died the day before.

Yes!!! this guy is a WR we picked up off the street!! I bet you he has more than 30 Recs this season!

Edited by Marty McFly

Rex also said that the foot is a "major concern" going forward. You make a good point, it's not like he missed a couple seasons. My concern would is it becoming a long term nagging concern. If he can't play through it now, who's to say it will get better in the future?

Another poster brough up a good point as well. I watch a lot of college football, and the Sammy that we've seen in Buffalo doesn't resemble the Sammy I saw at Clemson. I'm not simply talking about production either. I haven't seen the speed and explosiveness he had in college since he's been here. More games than not he has ran with a slight limp.I don't believe the guy has ever been healthy here. Who can forget Shazier leveling him his rookie year?

Ugly stuff breh! I agree I also dont remember really having a 100% Watkins in there. It really pisses me off they didnt sit him out in TC and weeks 1,2,3, etc however long he needed. Now hes gone during the heat of the season, and thats gonna really hurt the team. I dont know why our team doctors keep making these cotdamn mistakes.

284f76ed4943f485dbcb6ea330becf69389acdd5

$833k per catch this year.

Put 9 shots of Cortisone in that foot and man the !@#$ up.