Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

@rapsheet

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins could play, as was the case last week. But the thought was, who does it help to have him at 50 or 75 percent?

For most teams, it would help by providing a receiver (or in the case of a fracture femur, a decoy requiring coverage)...but in Sammy's case, he needs to be 155%

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rapsheet

The #Bills have placed WR Sammy Watkins on Injured Reserve, putting him on the shelf for at least 8 weeks. They claimed Justin Hunter.

Why not bring back Greg Little? At least he was with the team all thru training camp to learn the offense.

FYI Hunter had broken ankle and surgery to repair at end of last season.

Second injury mis managed to start the season for the Rex Ryan coaching staff.

Last year Shady

This Year Sammy

I think there is merit to this line of thinking. You can't be so unwilling to go with a backup at the expense of the health of your starters. I never cared for an "afraid to lose" mentality. A good coaching staff finds ways to compensate for the loss of a starter. Every team has this issue at one time or another.

This thread is full of embarrassment. I thought the other Watkins thread was a race to hit bottom and then this one pops up. Bravo, semi-literate mouth breathers of TBD. You've outdone yourselves today.

I hadn't read the entire thread and thought I would after reading your post. You are right. A new low for the forum. But you didn't have to insult semi-literate mouth breathers in such a cruel fashion.

What an embarrassing, disappointing player. He should give some money back.

Probably will be bagging groceries in some small job in a couple.

All the potential in the world. Only to Bust. And after mortgaging our future. Whaley really screwed us.

Imo

Thanks Doug.

He's not injured. There is no structural damage. He just couldn't play through the pain.

Whaaaa. My foot hurts. I'm done.

Could you imagine this happening when these guys weren't multi-million dollar liabilities?

Give me a break.

Next man up is my neighbor. He's a fat trump supporter. Runs a 14.4 40.

Jack Youngblood played in the Pro Bowl with a broken leg. Ronnie Lott had half his finger cut off so he could play. Ah, the good old days.

This thread is now accepting all manner of personal anecdotes describing how you dealt with similar foot injuries and were still able to sell term-life insurance and complete TPS reports at a level deemed "Satisfactory" in your year end reviews with middle management.

Making, at most, 100k.

100k. The amount paid to Sammy for each EIGHTH of a catch he's made this season.

Edited by stevestojan