Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

TgTS that matters. But i get it you just dont like him

Same you you did when he had WR to throw to but didnt

When did I say I never liked him? You're just assuming I don't cause my argument is different then yours. I love the guy even when he would torch my Noles I still liked him. He's a very special talent and that's undeniable. My frustration lies with him not being on the field when his team needs him. He had to have known since Balt he wasn't right. It's on him and the trainers to get him ready to play. At the beginning of the year he should have been 100% or not gone at all.

This is not the coaching staffs fault. Any guy who has played football knows the coach relies on the staff and player to say yes or no. Especially st this level.

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want that new GM fired immediately, Watkins will heal and be an elite WR for close to a decade.

Julio, Aj Green, Dez have all been though injuries and no one cares because they are back out there killing it.

Maybe, but Sammy is looking a lot like a guy who is super-talented, but will be plagued by injuries his whole career. The guys you mention are all a lot bigger and have had one major injury from which they quickly bounced back, while Sammy has seemingly had one injury after another. Hard to have much faith in his ability to stay healthy the rest of his career.

Maybe, but Sammy is looking a lot like a guy who is super-talented, but will be plagued by injuries his whole career. The guys you mention are all a lot bigger and have had one major injury from which they quickly bounced back, while Sammy has seemingly had one injury after another. Hard to have much faith in his ability to stay healthy the rest of his career.

This response above is nothing but a fans speculation and hyperbole. This kid is young and somewhere will rip this league up for quite awhile. Same kind of speculation but more realistic of Watkins future than "will be plagued by injury his whole career." which is based on nothing.

This response above is nothing but a fans speculation and hyperbole. This kid is young and somewhere will rip this league up for quite awhile. Same kind of speculation but more realistic of Watkins future than "will be plagued by injury his whole career." which is based on nothing.

I would say you're the one who's speculating. It would be hard to even list all the injuries Watkins has had in his 2.5 years in Buffalo.

I would say you're the one who's speculating. It would be hard to even list all the injuries Watkins has had in his 2.5 years in Buffalo.

It was ribs, calf and foot now, right... did I get them all?

Edited by NoSaint

One takeaway of mine: far too many people on this board are willing to buy the company line when the team says that a player only has a flesh wound and that pain management is the issue. That was never the case with Watkins. Sadly, the added effect of the team's patent BS is that it has aroused legions of pitchfork-wielding, mouth-breather fans to proclaim that Watkins is soft and a bust. Anyone who looks around at guys with this type of injury -- Kevin Durant, Julio Jones -- realizes a player will be 100 percent in time. The operative phrase, though, is "in time" -- time that the Bills didn't want to give to Watkins.

PS -- some of us owe an apology to Manish Mehta, who was absolutely right all along: https://mobile.twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775331784213094402

Edited by dave mcbride

Why not just wait till Sunday to say he is ruled out vs giving the Patriots 2 full days of preparation without Sammy. i just don't get this organization whatsoever.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9388/sammy-watkins

Why wouldn't the Patriots wait until Sunday to announce that Garropolo is starting. Gives the Bills another full day to prep for him. I don't get the Patriots.

Why wouldn't the Patriots wait until Sunday to announce that Garropolo is starting. Gives the Bills another full day to prep for him. I don't get the Patriots.

complaining about the Bills announcing who is out on Friday is hilarious to me as well.

But the Pats didn't announce JG is starting, a WEEI source reported that. So it is probably Brissett!

It's funny how similar Watkins and Juilliard Jones careers are. Jones missed 3 games in his first 2 years and then missed 11 in his 3rd year because of the foot fracture.

Guess Julio Jones is a kitty too, according to some.

This was the first comp that came to mind. I read threads like this and wonder why half the posters bother to follow the bills. Relentlessly negative whiners. There are legitimate things to criticize. Watkins hurting his !@#$ing foot isn't one of them.

This was the first comp that came to mind. I read threads like this and wonder why half the posters bother to follow the bills. Relentlessly negative whiners. There are legitimate things to criticize. Watkins hurting his !@#$ing foot isn't one of them.

i always think that too. There is a cornucopia of things to criticize that actually are their fault.

One takeaway of mine: far too many people on this board are willing to buy the company line when the team says that a player only has a flesh wound and that pain management is the issue. That was never the case with Watkins. Sadly, the added effect of the team's patent BS is that it has aroused legions of pitchfork-wielding, mouth-breather fans to proclaim that Watkins is soft and a bust. Anyone who looks around at guys with this type of injury -- Kevin Durant, Julio Jones -- realizes a player will be 100 percent in time. The operative phrase, though, is "in time" -- time that the Bills didn't want to give to Watkins.

PS -- some of us owe an apology to Manish Mehta, who was absolutely right all along: https://mobile.twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775331784213094402

Go back and look at the team's statements when it was announced that Watkins had had surgery-- the same day it was announced that the defensive end they selected with their first round pick, instead of a WR, also needed surgery: Sammy will be ready for training camp and will be 100% for the start of the season. People get tired of hearing that all is well and then finding out it's actually a worst case scenario, especially when the purported good news is calculated to take the heat off OBD.