Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

I believe he's agreeing with your point and hopes the Bills keep Sammy.

Right.

People think they have seen the best of Sammy, and that other teams just might not realize that and that yes we could fleece them for a high round draft pick. Cut our losses if you will before he completely collapses.

I'm not saying its logical or even rational, just that it is what people are starting to think about him. I see what he is capable of, and I can't wait until he comes back healthy and shows what he can do.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can always compare someone with top level prolonged production with someone who might have been able to do the same under different circumstances.

When Sammy is 3 more years in to his career and healthy throughout that period and puts up Julio's numbers, then it is a legitimate comparison.

Now I'm so confused. Evidently it is OK to look at what Sammy has done so far and decide he is no good, even though his numbers compare well with some top receivers certainly on a per-target or per-catch basis.

But it's not OK to conclude he might be good for the same reason?

Rex was asked directly about this on Monday with Schopp and Bulldog.

Rex kind of brushed it off and said he really doesn't know and isn't on top of the situation.

Until we hear he is having surgery, I would assume he is not having surgery.

I have nothing to add to the question asked in the topic since I'm just a working class citizen who doesn't use google much.

But, i would like to say that I'm a huge Sammy fan. I loved the draft pick. I wasn't whining about using two 1st round picks on the guy. Everytime he got injured i still had his back and believed that we were a better offense with him on the field than without.

I still believe we're a better offense with him on the field just because of the talent the guy has but, i think this year's injury has got me at my limit. He hasn't had a full 16 game season since we drafted him and the way we distrubuted the ball to tight ends last week had me more excited than looking at the TV saying, get Sammy the ball.

I'm not saying it's time to move on and look to replace Sammy by any means. What i AM saying is that he's not reliable for the whole year (then again nobody ever truly is) and we have other talented players on the field that need to touch the ball.

I'm an old school guy. I don't need to have a WR who can catch the football with one hand and all this highlight driven fanbase. I'm more of a, run the football, talk smack (not the C.J. Spiller run for a half yard backwards and talk smack kind of smack), get the ball to tight ends, never let ANYONE disrespect your teammates, have a scary defense and get off the field with a W kind of guy.

The way we're playing on offense and defense based on the last couple of weeks has me VERY excited.

I was at the season opener against the Jets and when i watched week 3 at home, i said to myself, man i wish i was at THAT game. It was like a completely different product. Whatever Rex is doing or did (firing Roman) is working and i don't want it to end.

Rex was asked directly about this on Monday with Schopp and Bulldog.

Rex kind of brushed it off and said he really doesn't know and isn't on top of the situation.

Until we hear he is having surgery, I would assume he is not having surgery.

Ha, my line of assumptions goes the opposite way. He's having it until we hear otherwise. :lol:

Ha, my line of assumptions goes the opposite way. He's having it until we hear otherwise. :lol:

I doubt it's surgery unless it's absolutely necessary. I can't see SW wanting to go under the knife again. I'd say it's exactly 50-50 until we hear otherwise.

Sammy spotted after surgery with Dr. Robert Anderson:

front-leg-injury-cats.jpg

this covers the thread.

boo boo Kitty foot is real !

Not takings sides here,

But i am not waiting on his return this year. Just like the Team cannot.

prepare for "disappointment"

Thats Bills thing already isn't it ? :flirt:

If you are implying that JJ's experience with the same injury shows that a player could come back and be highly effective next season, why would you trade the player? The compensation would be low, so you'd be better off with said player on the roster.

i've never liked the trade. it's just gotten toxic. from not having a qb, to the injuries, to giving up a pick for him etc. it's just one of those things best moved on but you and i know we most likely won't. it's just been rough from the start.