Is Chad Kelly not Jim Kelly incarnate?

Virgil

The MMQB Verified account ‏@theMMQB 19m19 minutes ago

Big talent, Hall of Fame bloodlines & checkered past. @emilymkaplan on Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly's NFL draft prospects

Chad Kelly Has Questions to Answer

Supremely talented, but erratic on the field. A checkered past off of it. The 2017 drafts top senior QB prospect has six months to convince NFL teams that he can be trusted, and Uncle Jimthe Hall of Fame passeris ready to help

chad-kelly-t1.jpg?itok=3J39LBES

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/26/nfl-draft-2017-chad-kelly-ole-miss-quarterback-red-flags-field

I have my doubts Jimbo can straighten him out. Chad is just too smart for the room.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my doubts Jimbo can straighten him out. Chad is just too smart for the room.

Chad and smart should never been in the same sentence.

His only way of succeeding is to be a late draft pick who has to fight to make the roster. Dude needs to be humbled and learn that he isn't the smart or god's gift because of his last name.

As big of a douche as he is, I hope he does put it together. He certainly has some great qb tools.

The MMQB Verified account @theMMQB 19m19 minutes ago

Big talent, Hall of Fame bloodlines & checkered past. @emilymkaplan on Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly's NFL draft prospects

Chad Kelly Has Questions to Answer

Supremely talented, but erratic on the field. A checkered past off of it. The 2017 draft’s top senior QB prospect has six months to convince NFL teams that he can be trusted, and Uncle Jim—the Hall of Fame passer—is ready to help

chad-kelly-t1.jpg?itok=3J39LBES

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/26/nfl-draft-2017-chad-kelly-ole-miss-quarterback-red-flags-field

Jim was a little erratic on the field himself, I say good omen

Chad and smart should never been in the same sentence.

His only way of succeeding is to be a late draft pick who has to fight to make the roster. Dude needs to be humbled and learn that he isn't the smart or god's gift because of his last name.

As big of a douche as he is, I hope he does put it together. He certainly has some great qb tools.

That was Clemson, already humbled.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for the kid. Without a bowl game, senior game, and combine, I think he's a 4th rounder at best. With EJ being gone in the offseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills take a flyer on him and see him, maybe stash him on the practice squad.

I don't think he's shown anywhere near enough to merit a higher pick

I saw some draft guys predicting he will go undrafted now. I think he will get drafted, but it will be in the 5th or later similar to where Mettenberger went a few years ago (also tore his ACL late in season, and had off field issues). They are similar prospects and I see Chad having a similar NFL career (as Matt has had thus far).