Is Chad Kelly not Jim Kelly incarnate?

Virgil

Held back from what? It's likely he would just yell at them to get off his brother, maybe even pull his brother away , but I highly doubt he'd go in there swinging. That's a pretty big assumption to make that he was going to fight anyone, just going to stick up for what is right and for his brother.

Its a reasonable assumption of Chad Kelly.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't number 12 being pulled to the ground midway through the video, if that's who you're talking about.

I don't know what exactly was happening to his brother after the hit, but it looks like his teammates rushed to help him. This is a typical football scuffle. A relatively controlled situation with coaches and everyone else around.

I understand wanting to give Chad the benefit of the doubt, but its hard to do when considering his past transgressions.

That wasn't his brother getting dragged? I apologize I can't see any numbers, I'm on my phone and it looked as though he was knocked down then dragged down the sidelines a bit. Chad's reputation precedes him and this is just another example of his temper but I don't see this incident as changing anything. If a team is drafting him I'm sure they will know to expect to unexpected with this kid, on and off the field.

That wasn't his brother getting dragged? I apologize I can't see any numbers, I'm on my phone and it looked as though he was knocked down then dragged down the sidelines a bit. Chad's reputation precedes him and this is just another example of his temper but I don't see this incident as changing anything. If a team is drafting him I'm sure they will know to expect to unexpected with this kid, on and off the field.

Looked like number 52 and he had dark skin.

I agree this doesn't really change anything.

But you are stereotyping based purely on who he is or his past. You are profiling him. This is just systemic prejudice against Chad Kelly.

Not sure if serious...

Judging someone's actions based on who they are as a person and their historical behavior is a valid practice.

But, I understand...Kelly lives matter.

There were 20 other players involved and I don't see their parents/siblings rushing the field looking to fight. Maybe they are just a bunch of wimps. Or maybe it's wrong for an adult to try and fight kids. Hmmmm

True. But one guy, the younger Kelly was the player in the middle of it all and was the ball carrier. Hmmmmm.....

True. But one guy, the younger Kelly was the player in the middle of it all and was the ball carrier. Hmmmmm.....

Not an excuse. If Chad gets hit late at the next game are we going to see his brother or Jimbo rushing the field on national TV?

Not an excuse. If Chad gets hit late at the next game are we going to see his brother or Jimbo rushing the field on national TV?

It's easy for a 55 year old man to "not" run on the field in reaction (not planned), but more likely for a not so removed from playing on the same field/high school and closer in age (relatively) older brother. Completely different individuals/circumstances at differing points in their lives. And let's be honest, Jimbo going against a DT from Alabama would go much differently than Chad Kelly against a High School senior.

It's easy for a 55 year old man to "not" run on the field in reaction (not planned), but more likely for a not so removed from playing on the same field/high school and closer in age (relatively) older brother. Completely different individuals/circumstances at differing points in their lives. And let's be honest, Jimbo going against a DT from Alabama would go much differently than Chad Kelly against a High School senior.

This is bringing a whole new meaning to "Kelly Tough."

I understand your point, but it's a matter of judgment. He has to know better. Period. I wasn't there (though I played on that field a million years ago), but things would have worked out just fine (relative term) without him getting involved.

I understand your point, but it's a matter of judgment. He has to know better. Period. I wasn't there (though I played on that field a million years ago), but things would have worked out just fine (relative term) without him getting involved.

Agreed. Take my comment as perspective. Was it dumb? Absolutely. Can I see a young 20 something making a stupid choice based on emotion, yup. I also think he has a good enough group of people in his corner that'll help him think better in the future.

Agreed. Take my comment as perspective. Was it dumb? Absolutely. Can I see a young 20 something making a stupid choice based on emotion, yup. I also think he has a good enough group of people in his corner that'll help him think better in the future.

Again, I totally get the point, but this is a guy with a history and he's trying to convince NFL teams he's put it behind him. He's not just another kid a few years removed from St. Joe's watching his brother. Every moment in life is an audition for NFL teams attempting to show he has not just the physical tools to play on the big stage, but the mental makeup. I don't know the kid, but I want him to reach his potential, so this irritates me. The people in his corner cannot teach him common sense. (I could go on a rant about the frontal lobe/executive decision making and reaching the age of about 25, but I've covered that elsewhere...I suspect that plays HUGE here.)

Again, I totally get the point, but this is a guy with a history and he's trying to convince NFL teams he's put it behind him. He's not just another kid a few years removed from St. Joe's watching his brother. Every moment in life is an audition for NFL teams attempting to show he has not just the physical tools to play on the big stage, but the mental makeup. I don't know the kid, but I want him to reach his potential, so this irritates me. The people in his corner cannot teach him common sense. (I could go on a rant about the frontal lobe/executive decision making and reaching the age of about 25, but I've covered that elsewhere...I suspect that plays HUGE here.)

I was one of his biggest fans, but this is the final straw for me. All you'd have to do is look back a few posts to see me supporting him, but this changes it all. I thought that he might have turned things around. It's not like what happened was that terrible, but it shows he just doesn't get it. He has way too much on the line to be making dumb decisions at a freaking high school football game. Anyone else would be arrested for running on the field to get involved in the scuffle. If this is what he does with the camera on, what's he going to do when it's off? It also seem like Chad Kelly and Buffalo do equal trouble. I thought it was in the past, but Kelly in Buffalo doesn't seem like a good idea. He'll turn into Manziel. As far as the frontal lobe goes, I'm not sure he's getting it together at 25 either. IMO it's funny how the "underdeveloped frontal lobe" seems to create more problems in modern society than ever before in world history. 25 used to be middle age, and people led the world before the age of 25. Being a punk is never going to change with this guy. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5