Is Chad Kelly not Jim Kelly incarnate?

Virgil

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Cutler.

Really breh? Thats not a good look. The highlights from todays game were CRAZY THO! Had one of those Eli Manning wiggle out of a tackle throw a strike for a TD plays.

I would totally take him with a 2nd round pick......

Do you think OBD would pull the trigger on that?

You want a RB in the 1st round and a project QB in the 2nd round of the '17 draft. Never quit that day job.

RB 1st round? BARF

vomit-570.jpeg

Really breh? Thats not a good look. The highlights from todays game were CRAZY THO! Had one of those Eli Manning wiggle out of a tackle throw a strike for a TD plays.

Do you think OBD would pull the trigger on that?

RB 1st round? BARF

vomit-570.jpeg

Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss: Kelly has the physical traits NFL scouts want to see in a QB. He threw for more than 400 yards against Alabama, showing off his arm and toughness. However, scouts haven't been impressed with his decision-making, as some costly calls by Kelly contributed to the Rebels' loss to the Crimson Tide. He made nice deep throws throughout the game, allowing his receivers to run under the ball for big plays. But his failure to unload the ball near his own goal line resulted in a strip-sack fumble that resulted in a touchdown for Alabama early in the third quarter. Kelly tried throwing while backpedaling in the fourth quarter, but the pass was deflected and resulted in a 75-yard touchdown for Alabama defensive end Jonathan Allen, who made the interception. The loss wasn't all on Kelly, but, to his credit, he was accountable for his miscues. Kelly has a great arm and plenty of toughness, but he'll be sliding down draft boards if he can't make the right calls for his team, especially in big moments.

I see a lot of Cutler in his game unfortunately.

Ugh really?? Never mind then...

yes really, have you seen him play?

He fits in about where Cardale Jones fit........big physical talent.....but just a thrower/runner at this point........nowhere near ready to play QB in the NFL.

This is true, question is who do we bring in as a veteran, wish we had Fitz now (actually started a thread yrs ago about how we could draft Kelly and learn under Fitz before he retired.)

maybe bring in guys like Chad Henne, Matt Schaub, Derek Anderson

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

This evaluation was prior to today's game.

I don't place much importance on these "stock up, stock down" reports. They're too fickle for my tastes. I usually get some feedback after the Senior Bowl, after players have had a chance to speak with various personnel folks and the first hard reports are compiled. From what I can gather, its a mixed bag on Kelly at this point, which is actually a step up for him vs. last year when the advisory committee, based on a consensus, informed him he would be best off returning for his senior year to improve his draft stock. His post season will be important to him. I won't be surprised if he garners late first, early second grades if he does well in that period.