Is Chad Kelly not Jim Kelly incarnate?

Virgil

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have watched almost every one of his Ole Miss games and I think he has the talent to be great, but God, what an idiot.

That "Brawl" looked like a bunch of yelling and dancing, but not much throwing.

Funny to see Kelly out there getting into it.

He strikes me as another Evander Kane type. Has a nose for sniffing out trouble and then getting into it.

And I'm a St. Joe's alum!

:thumbdown:

heard they ended the game early due to the fight.

Even Russ Brandon might say no despite the obvious marketing gold. In regards to drafting him. If it could be pulled off.

The immediate comparisons and pressure being the nephew of argueably the best Bills QB of all time.

The kid has way too much air between his ears too handle the pressure, and lacks the maturity to handle any of it in his hometown. Oh and he is not Jim Kelly.

And that is without details of what a entitled douchebag he has been for years now. And apprently still is. I wonder if Jimbo lobby's for him on OBD?

That "Brawl" looked like a bunch of yelling and dancing, but not much throwing.

Funny to see Kelly out there getting into it.

He strikes me as another Evander Kane type. Has a nose for sniffing out trouble and then getting into it.

And I'm a St. Joe's alum!

:thumbdown:

Class of '77 here, and I agree.

I just hope he grows up, for a lot of reasons.

He certainly has talent. He certainly has the gunslinger mentality.

Nevertheless, some of his decisions both on and off the field may be bad for my blood pressure.

P.S. I am not all worked up about the little bit I saw on the video. At least not yet. I am not sure exactly what happened other than it appears Casey Kelly was on the ground and Chad went on the field but did not appear to hit anyone or anything like that. Frankly, I am more pissed off about the NFL apparently giving the Pats players and assistant coach a free pass.

@4TomMartin

FULL VIDEO: Here is the play that started the fight at Timon. Chad Kelly then goes onto field after hit on brother Casey. Game called.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/784593702035525633

@4TomMartin

Tom Martin Retweeted Tom Martin

One more time, since many are misconstruing: Both Kelly brothers DID NOT start or participate in fight. Chad ran on field but did not fight.

He's a fighter. Makes me want the Bills to draft him even more.

There were 20 other players involved and I don't see their parents/siblings rushing the field looking to fight. Maybe they are just a bunch of wimps. Or maybe it's wrong for an adult to try and fight kids. Hmmmm

Seems like much ado about nothing. Looks like he's just sticking unfortunately his brother , doesn't appear he's looking to fight anyone. Brotherhood is a strong bond, just showing he's got his back. Poor judgement perhaps, but not truly egregious .

Seems like much ado about nothing. Looks like he's just sticking unfortunately his brother , doesn't appear he's looking to fight anyone. Brotherhood is a strong bond, just showing he's got his back. Poor judgement perhaps, but not truly egregious .

Really...he had to be held back by coaches and other high schoolers, who are apparently more level-headed than him. Chad's still a boy. That much is clear. However, his uncle Jim was a bit immature at that stage of his life, too. He turned out great.

If you draft Chad, definitely give him a few years. Don't thrust him into the starter role.

His brother is getting dragged by 3 or 4 kids in attempt to rip off his helmet which they eventually do..... don't be so quick to judgment. Chad didn't hit anyone, very well could have just been trying to get them off of his brother. Ideal reaction? Probably not, but in the heat of the moment that looks like trouble for his brother.

His brother is getting dragged by 3 or 4 kids in attempt to rip off his helmet which they eventually do..... don't be so quick to judgment. Chad didn't hit anyone, very well could have just been trying to get them off of his brother. Ideal reaction? Probably not, but in the heat of the moment that looks like trouble for his brother.

True. Not an ideal reaction , but not as bad as some are trying to make it out. The kids a bit of a hothead, not unusual for a young jock. I would expect the coaches to be more level headed than he is. They are much older. He' ll calm down with time, most likely. Doesn't mean he can't be an NFL starter. Lots of guys are kind of immature at that age.

That wasn't number 12 being pulled to the ground midway through the video, if that's who you're talking about.

I don't know what exactly was happening to his brother after the hit, but it looks like his teammates rushed to help him. This is a typical football scuffle. A relatively controlled situation with coaches and everyone else around.

I understand wanting to give Chad the benefit of the doubt, but its hard to do when considering his past transgressions.

Really...he had to be held back by coaches and other high schoolers, who are apparently more level-headed than him. Chad's still a boy. That much is clear. However, his uncle Jim was a bit immature at that stage of his life, too. He turned out great.

If you draft Chad, definitely give him a few years. Don't thrust him into the starter role.

Held back from what? It's likely he would just yell at them to get off his brother, maybe even pull his brother away , but I highly doubt he'd go in there swinging. That's a pretty big assumption to make that he was going to fight anyone, just going to stick up for what is right and for his brother.