Should we trade McCoy to the Vikings?

DE Bills Fan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see the Vikings got a 1st and a conditional 4th for Bradford. Probably will go up higher if Bradford continues to play like he is doing.

That might leave a 2nd for us. Vikings have two solid backs to pick up the load for Peterson.

Not gonna happen. It takes 2 people to make this deal.

It's a really bad idea for the Bills anyway. Shady isn't anywhere near the problem the bills are having on Offense. His intials start with TT.

I say trade McCoy to the Vikings for as a high a draft pick as you can get for him. The Vikings have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl, and McCoy will give them the back they need now that Adrian Peterson is out. This way, we rid ourselves of his high cap number and give playing time to Mike Gillisee and Williams. This is the time for the Bills to realize that we need to start fresh, and stockpiling as many draft picks as we can while also creating as much cap room as possible to bring in difference makers seems the best way to go. The season is lost, almost before it got started, and hanging on to hoping that we turn this around is only wishful thinking. I say get rid of the pieces that you can right now for decent value, then cut Tyrod Taylor after the season and try and bring is someone to run the offense, or draft the best potential QB with the extra draft picks that we can assemble. Otherwise, it's more of the same as we stay stuck in this 6-10, 7-9 level of mediocrity. This needs to be blown up this year and start fresh. I know that it's hard to face another rebuild, but thinking that Rex and Rob and Tyrod are going to turn this around is fools gold.....................

Haven;t the Bills done this historically. Trade, let walk, fail to resign, or outright cut our best players and bring in "fresh" players through the draft (mistake prone rookies that don;t pan out) or free agency (retreads) only to pull together players unfamiliar with each other and whatever system is being installed at the time and hope and pray they "gell" during training camp?

Constantly churning over coaches and players because they did not win in their first or second years is like repeatably banging your head against the wall expecting different results each time.

The best teams in the league have several things in common; a win at all cost mentality, excellent college scouting, and consistency at the top.

Most NY Giant fans hated Bill Parcells until.... he won a Super Bowl.

Shady's an entirely different RB than AD. If If Karlos Williams has gotten himself in shape, he'd be a better signing. But if the Vikes would go for McCoy, yeah, I'd do it. Also might be time to consider unloading Sammy, Clay and Dareus. Yep, rebuilding time is upon us yet again.

I agree OP. I'd like to add a little more.

Trade Shady for anything you can get. Hopefully a 2nd, or 3rd and 4th

Trade Dareus. He's overpaid which might hurt us but he is a top DT in the league. But then again there's the suspension issue that continues to hurt his value. Maybe a team looking for that run stopper would pay a 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd.

Trade Gilmore. He would not cost a ton to a team in the salary cap front, but they won't get him for long either unless they do pay him a ton. Either way, he's a top DB in the league and someone will pay him a ton. Try and get anywhere from a 1st to a 2nd and 3rd for him.

Last but not least... Sammy Blumpkin. My stance on Sammy is legendary around here. I think he's worthless, constantly injured/hurt, complains about fans, and doesn't seem to want to be here. Of course these are just MY opinions. The great thing is, teams and coaches around the league would disagree. Perfect. Get a 1st and more of you can for him and drink your Yoohoo extra cold, straight from the icebox.

If you can do all this, at the very least you should end up with 1 first rounder, 4-5 second rounders, 4-8 third and fourth rounders. All depending on what you get for each guy and include your own picks.

Your going to want all those picks to start from scratch with a new GM, HC, OC, DC, probably a switch from 3-4 back to a 4-3, etc.

I say trade McCoy to the Vikings for as a high a draft pick as you can get for him. The Vikings have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl, and McCoy will give them the back they need now that Adrian Peterson is out. This way, we rid ourselves of his high cap number and give playing time to Mike Gillisee and Williams. This is the time for the Bills to realize that we need to start fresh, and stockpiling as many draft picks as we can while also creating as much cap room as possible to bring in difference makers seems the best way to go. The season is lost, almost before it got started, and hanging on to hoping that we turn this around is only wishful thinking. I say get rid of the pieces that you can right now for decent value, then cut Tyrod Taylor after the season and try and bring is someone to run the offense, or draft the best potential QB with the extra draft picks that we can assemble. Otherwise, it's more of the same as we stay stuck in this 6-10, 7-9 level of mediocrity. This needs to be blown up this year and start fresh. I know that it's hard to face another rebuild, but thinking that Rex and Rob and Tyrod are going to turn this around is fools gold.....................

pretty much but probably wont happen.

Averaging less than 60 yards a game, your right, he's killing it.

He is as much of a problem as Tyrod. He get's tackled for a loss way to often trying bounce to the outside every run play.

As I posted before, how much production do people expect with the Bills running 50 plays per game and McCoy getting 15 touches? Every run play? Nice exaggeration!

They were 2.5 million under the cap before the Hillman signing today, bringing in Shady's money would require roster adjustments. A good team is not going to give up present and future assets to take on an aging back. Unless the Vikings have a Doug Whaley clone this trade wouldn't even be entertained.

Under normal circumstances you would be correct, however there are two caveats.

A) Even though Shady may not be what he once was, he still has plenty of juice in him for this year and most likely the next

B) Minnesota wants to win now, and they have a huge hole to fill with Peterson's injury. Minnesota has already made what was seen as a questionable move for Bradford (which paid off big last week), they may be willing to give up something for Shady.

My personal opinion, is if you can get Minnesota to consider giving up a 3rd or 4th for him, do it.

ABSOLUTELY YES !!

unloading his contract for even a 7th round pick would be good for the bills.

#1 - makes no sense to be paying a RB $9 mil/yr cap hit.

#2 - our O-line isn't good enough for a finesse RB anyways.

#3 - you can get the same or better production out of a minimum wage vet or rookie.

#4 - that money saved can be better utilized at other position(s).