seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

if he is using a "banned" substance(per NFL rules), why wouldn't he and the Bills be proactive and go to the league prior to any drug testing that he knows he is going to FAIL!!

So the Bills either didn't know about it, making Henderson a moron, or the Bills FO was aware of it, making them both morons. I don't know how a player can jeopardize multi-million dollar contracts in the name of a substance abuse policy they think they can beat...or ignore.

Edited by LabattBlue

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two thoughts when I see this:

1) It just shows you how desperate the Bills are for OL talent that they keep this guy on. He missed a lot of last season. It's still a serious question mark as to whether he can come back and be reliable to play on a regular basis, and now he will be suspended for four games to boot. I'm afraid that the Bills will be lucky to get much use out of him this season.

2) Saying that he used marijuana for pain control sounds very disingenuous. Everyone knows that it's a banned substance so there's no way that his doctor would have prescribed or recommended it. He should know better too. Plus, I'm sure that there are other options available that are not on the banned list.

for all of you hardliners who are opining that Seantrel is a felonious pothead w/ no regard for his team, try living with this:

Crohns disease can affect any part of the GI tract. While symptoms vary from patient to patient and some may be more common than others, the tell-tale symptoms of Crohns disease include:

Symptoms related to inflammation of the GI tract:

• Persistent Diarrhea
  • Rectal bleeding
  • Urgent need to move bowels
  • Abdominal cramps and pain
  • Sensation of incomplete evacuation
  • Constipation (can lead to bowel obstruction)

General symptoms that may also be associated with IBD:

• Fever
  • Loss of appetite
  • Weight Loss
  • Fatigue
  • Night sweats
In more severe cases, Crohns can lead to tears (fissures) in the lining of the anus, which may cause pain and bleeding, especially during bowel movements. Inflammation may also cause a fistula to develop. A fistula is a tunnel that leads from one loop of intestine to another, or that connects the intestine to the bladder or skin. This is a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention.

It does indeed sound horrific, and I feel for the guy. But what does pot do for this? Is it an alternative to pain killers?

It does indeed sound horrific, and I feel for the guy. But what does pot do for this? Is it an alternative to pain killers?

For the most part, yes. Pot has been known to take away nausea and increase appetite(second part is obvious). This would help him be able to still keep up his weight(appetite) the best he could considering his condition.

Pain killers can be addictive. Also when you're talking about guys that are not the average person (eats 8 meals a day and weighs 300+ lbs, just guessing here), the dosage isn't enough and they start to overcompensate (OD, abuse), the prescribed drug which leads to a dependency.

Edited by The Wiz

if he is using a "banned" substance(per NFL rules), why wouldn't he and the Bills be proactive and go to the league prior to any drug testing that he knows he is going to FAIL!!

So the Bills either didn't know about it, making Henderson a moron, or the Bills FO was aware of it, making them both morons. I don't know how a player can jeopardize multi-million dollar contracts in the name of a substance abuse policy they think they can beat...or ignore.

they didn't know about it because Rex never called him in the offseason remember? Get yo blame straight ;) Edited by YoloinOhio

again does anyone know if NFL tests for THC & CBD or just THC. If Seantrel was on CBD oils or edibles he should be okay. Why did he need the pyachoactive THC?

Okay this is a coincidence. and fun.

One of my Daughters is in Costa Rica teaching and training. LMT and healing therapy that includes multiple disciplines. She sent me a picture of some salve and edible she is going to get me. ( I have degenerative discs and arthritis in my spine these days)

I said " you cannot bring that stuff back". She said CBD was legal. I live in the hyper vigilant state of NY btw. She is usually on her game with legal health treatments as she cares for terminally ill patients and their caregivers, among others.

is that true? I could well imagine that is what Seantrel was prescribed.

If he is just smoking pot, he should well know better.

But one more thought?

Maybe he thought he would never play again and just trying to survive at some point. Would not this be a shame in the face of his noble effort to return to the game ?

any ways ,

this might become good talking point for the NFL. The difference between CBD and THC and medicinal use for chronic pain.

One can only hope.

I dont care if folks smoke it, eat it or not. as long as they do not drive or operate machinery

I have two thoughts when I see this:

1) It just shows you how desperate the Bills are for OL talent that they keep this guy on. He missed a lot of last season. It's still a serious question mark as to whether he can come back and be reliable to play on a regular basis, and now he will be suspended for four games to boot. I'm afraid that the Bills will be lucky to get much use out of him this season.

2) Saying that he used marijuana for pain control sounds very disingenuous. Everyone knows that it's a banned substance so there's no way that his doctor would have prescribed or recommended it. He should know better too. Plus, I'm sure that there are other options available that are not on the banned list.

Actually many pain relief medications are contraindicated in Crohns. The NSAIDS (ibuprofen, aleve, toradol, etc) all can cause GI irritation and bleeding - not a good choice. Sucks to be Seantrel especially as I understand it OLmen live on that stuff.

Tylenol is OK, but if something more potent is needed, it's pretty much narcotics - which many MDs are reluctant to prescribe except for a brief period post-surgically due to addiction fears, and which can also have undesirable GI side effects.

I have no idea what went on. Maybe the guy discussed pain management choices with his doctor and decided "forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission" or thought he wouldn't play again so why not, or thought he wouldn't need to test while on IR and miscalculated when to cease using. Or maybe he's just a pothead who couldn't leave the weed alone to save a multi-million dollar career. Just saying in this particular and very painful disease, pain control options are indeed rather limited.

Edited by Hopeful

yes. i hope you take the time to research it. I was surprised. Went to a Ted Talk and learned a ton.

My buddy's Mom is 81 and terminal. They are talking about it to stave of the Morphine, or lessen it at least.

Actually many pain relief medications are contraindicated in Crohns. The NSAIDS (ibuprofen, aleve, toradol, etc) can cause GI irritation and bleeding - not a good choice.

Tylenol is OK, but if something more potent is needed, it's pretty much narcotics - which many MDs are reluctant to prescribe except for a brief period post-surgically due to addiction fears, and which can also have undesirable GI side effects.

I have no idea what went on. Maybe the guy discussed pain management choices with his doctor and decided "forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission" or thought he wouldn't need to test while on IR and miscalculated. Or maybe he's just a pothead who couldn't leave the weed alone to save a multi-million dollar career. Just saying in this particular and very painful disease, pain control options are indeed rather limited.

Like i mentioned, Maybe he smoked, just trying to survive the situation.

Pain does some crazy stuff to a man when it is severe and every day. Short term pain is one thing even if extreme. But having it everyday all day for weeks and months and maybe longer creates a whole different psyche.

That being said, the rules about being able to play NFL football are what they are. That part is short sightedly simple enough. if he failed a pee test for thc then that it. Guilty.

Love the Kids heart though

I don't think anyone is disputing this.

But he can't take medications for it that are banned. I would think his docs would be given a list of stuff that they cannot prescribe, including marijuana.

Given some of the flamethrowers on this thread, I thought I'd spell out how awful of a disease it is. I understand the dilemma of weed being a banned substance, I get that.

I read thru this thread and not one mention of this fact:

He was suspended THREE TIMES at the U cuz he can't stay out of the wacky tobackey.

Some polly's here got mad when I pointed out how stupid his "Rex hurt my feelings by not calling me" attitude was.

Un-accountable.

I read thru this thread and not one mention of this fact:

He was suspended THREE TIMES at the U cuz he can't stay out of the wacky tobackey.

Some polly's here got mad when I pointed out how stupid his "Rex hurt my feelings by not calling me" attitude was.

Un-accountable.

I think more than just I mentioned college suspensions - it's a real issue that in the last 5(?) years he had at minimum 6 failed tests (if Miami suspended on first strike).

Regardless of why he's smoking, it's not a sustainable plan to be a football player and acting in this manner.