seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

We have enough losers already. We don't need more just so some addicts can rid themselves of guilt.

Self-hatred?

non addicting ? really and Dareus can't stop to the point it's costing him 3 million - 3 MILLION dollars and has gone into rehab.

but it's harmless

Losing 3 million didn't "harm" him, just affected his bottom line. He's still not "harmed" though...

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

non addicting ? really and Dareus can't stop to the point it's costing him 3 million - 3 MILLION dollars and has gone into rehab.

but it's harmless

Correct, marijuana is not addictive....never said it wasn't harmless...I said alcohol and nicotine are addictive and can kill you

Then to me I guess it matters when he tested positive? If he was on IR and undergoing surgery, thinking he might have to hang up his cleats, I think that should get a pass.

If he's reported to the Bills facility to start training, then to me it falls into the category of any other guy who tests positive - I may disagree with the rule, but it's a condition of employment.

so youd prefer it be enforced based on guessing his mindset behind it instead of a simple bright line policy.

i think its got to be a firm line, even if i think the line should move. once you get into letting guys do things if they got bad news - thats no good. Doctors note or not seems much more reasonable.

Correct, marijuana is not addictive....never said it wasn't harmless...I said alcohol and nicotine are addictive and can kill you

I think society has moved beyond the old-school definition of "addictive" or "addiction." Continuing to do something in light of obvious adverse consequences comes closer to the modern definition of addiction. I've resisted using terms like "sex addiction" or "gambling addict", but come on ... is there any better way than "addiction" for us to describe Dareus and that $3 million joint? Anthony Weiner and his third twitter crotch shot (even when he knew that people were out there trying to set him up)? I'm past the point of arguing what the proper definition of "addiction" should be -- as the term is used today, it clearly makes sense to speak of a guy like Dareus as "addicted to marijuana" in that he appears to be powerless to resist the lure of getting high even in the face of extreme adverse consequences.

No, it is not. So, I have a glass of wine with dinner and you consider me a loser? You have bigger problems than any of this.

Yes it is.

And you changed messages. A glass of wine in moderation is far from being a boozehound which is how I interpreted your initial question, so no I wouldn't consider you being a loser having a glass of wine. Having 6 on a regular basis and getting touchy feely with random ladies.....loser.

And to be clear, it is not really for me or anyone else to judge who is a loser. I probably chose the wrong word. They are people who could probably make better choices IMO. In the end though the choices are their's, not mine.

I have seen plenty of people get hooked up with pot and become solely focused on defending its virtues above all else. It is true and I've seen it with my own eyes. I knew these people before and after they started smoking and if that isn't addiction then we'll need some sort of new word. Does that happen to everyone? I don't know. But it doesn't happen to everyone with booze either.

And you don't see boozers ranting and raving on the internet about how booze expands their horizons and cures all diseases and makes rope and saves the environment. That is the pot excuse parade crowd. They have already begun to leak into this thread like they do every other thread when pot is mentioned. It is rare for me to see someone write that they drive well when they are drunk but you can look around some of the threads and find people defending driving stoned. I will grant you that pot's addiction manifests itself in different ways than that of other drugs, but different doesn't mean less harmful.

I'm not saying the league can't suspend him for it, but you and I have different definitions of what might be credible. You don't believe there's a possibility he was taking it as part of treatment because it doesn't cure his disease? Painkillers never cure a disease, it doesn't mean they're not used as part of treatment. It's obvious that you disagree with the decision he made (so do I for the record.) Doesn't mean you or I know why he made that decision.

I'm saying I doubt his doctor prescribed it for him to help with his Crohn's treatment. It's certainly not standard.

That leaves self medication with a banned substance. What is his case? He is a guy who has tested positive in the past as well.

@mikerodak

Bills say OT Seantrel Henderson, who is in the locker room, is not speaking to reporters today.

He must have known he tested positive (or was about to) when those human interest pieces were written a few weeks ago, no?

Clearly he's selling

The only thing I'm selling is optimism about my Buffalo Bills...

Tie dye avatar give it away?

You're anti-tie-dye too!? Don't visit Vermont, your eyes will burn out from the clothing of about every other person :D :D

Edited by Heitz

I'm saying I doubt his doctor prescribed it for him to help with his Crohn's treatment. It's certainly not standard.

That leaves self medication with a banned substance. What is his case? He is a guy who has tested positive in the past as well.

He's human and went through a pretty bad and career threatening months long episode. It has now been reported/speculated that it was indeed pot. If it was unprescribed and unreported he deserves the suspension because that is the letter of the law. Personally I think he also deserves some compassion and sympathy, at least in private, from the NFL. I think that is an objective way of looking at things. It is unbecoming of you to gloat about this because it is happening to the Bills after you shamelessly defended Brady in what was clearly purposeful cheating just because he is on your team. I'd like to think if TT was caught circumventing the rules that I would not blindly support him and that if a Pat had a debilitating disease I would try to take that into account before criticizing him. i think most of the people on this board would do that and you as a guest on another teams' board should at least try.

2. The only thing I'm selling is optimism about my Buffalo Bills...

1. You're anti-tie-dye too!? Don't visit Vermont, your eyes will burn out from the clothing of about every other person :D :D

1. Not anti-tie-dye. It just seems to be correlated. It's not my style but Beerboy made a fortune selling those things for me at Grateful Dead concerts back in the day.

2. And you're still saying you're not addicted to anything????????

Four games means a prior failure. Not a chance Goodell will believe that he's just started it up again to ease pain.

That is the problem - he was using it before he was diagnosed with disease and 'deal with pain' is not a sufficient reason. Using it because it deals with the inflammation of the digestive track and other medications did not work will work better. Having a doctor prescribe is not a free pass because there are plenty of doctors who will prescribe medications not approved or because they do not agree with laws.