Manny Lawson cut

YoloinOhio

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, wouldn't this have not happened if Russ Brandon had the personnel influence everyone complains about? :lol:

Well John Murphy just said Brandon was in this morning's cut meeting with Rex and Whaley, so there you go. Still pulling the strings.

Well John Murphy just said Brandon was in this morning's cut meeting with Rex and Whaley, so there you go. Still pulling the strings.

I heard that too - my pitchfork, which is sitting next to me actually lit ITSELF!

Must be pretty big to cut him though

I'm wondering if Lawson got "nibbled to death by ducks"? First bite: cap savings Second bite: perhaps the Bills felt others came close enough to his level of play right now? Third bite: any impending DV investigation

Rex Ryan cutting him after the only one able to play his defense last year.... is odd

Rex Ryan cutting him after the only one able to play his defense last year.... is odd

That was Then, This is Now. Guys do have performance drop-offs in their 30s, especially if he didn't condition and strengthen whatever he could while rehabbing that pec

Edited by Hopeful

Frankly the writing was on the wall with this one for weeks. Why do you think he was the only "starter" getting significant playing time the last two weeks, especially last night? He had a significant injury causing him to miss most of camp, came in behind, and has not looked good. Sometimes guys do hit the wall. I am afraid I do not see the conspiracy theories others are seeing here. And, oh by the way, under investigation by the NFL.

Maybe they pick up a vet released elsewhere who they like better

"May bees don't fly in September"

I think it's strange, but who knows what the Bills are seeing. If they cut him because, not happy with his performance or his performance/price, makes sense.

If they cut him while he filled a need, simply to save $$ or in hopes of signing someone better, Bad Bills No Bisquit!

Edited by Hopeful

Call me stunned. Even if you don't think he has the athleticism to play outside anymore his coverage skills, intelligence and all round smarts make me think he could still be good depth inside.

Was he expensive for a depth role? Sure. But if that was your thinking cut him in May when you thought Shaq and Hughes were your starters.

Call me stunned. Even if you don't think he has the athleticism to play outside anymore his coverage skills, intelligence and all round smarts make me think he could still be good depth inside.

Was he expensive for a depth role? Sure. But if that was your thinking cut him in May when you thought Shaq and Hughes were your starters.

Injuries are the exact reason why you dont cut players like Manny that early. Cutting him later is fine, once you've back-filled the injury and had a chance to compare them to your existing depth.

"May bees don't fly in September"

I think it's strange, but who knows what the Bills are seeing. If they cut him because, not happy with his performance or his performance/price, makes sense.

If they cut him while he filled a need, simply to save $$ or in hopes of signing someone better, Bad Bills No Bisquit!

In all honesty

I dont like this move.....Yes they have the stud special teamer that has looked pretty good....yes Albright has looked good as a rookie as well

But Manny was a solid vet....he had solid coverage skills to

In all honesty

I dont like this move.....Yes they have the stud special teamer that has looked pretty good....yes Albright has looked good as a rookie as well

But Manny was a solid vet....he had solid coverage skills to

And he could fill in for any position at LB and even in a pinch at DE...I hate it too...

Have seen way too many cases of a player that plays great in the preseason and training camps where they release a solid vet and then end up sucking during the regular season...

Edited by matter2003

What position is Humber playing? Rex said "in one day he knew the defense and was calling it and leading people". Said he's one of the players who earned a spot in the last preseason game

Edited by CNY315