Manny Lawson cut

YoloinOhio

This move and Felton's release can be directly linked to adding to 4+ million to next year's cap for Gilmoe's contract

yet to be proven.

And that is a heck of a sacrifice considering whomever is replacing Manny.

more to the story methinks.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yet to be proven.

And that is a heck of a sacrifice considering whomever is replacing Manny.

more to the story methinks.

According to Rex, and Sal agreed with it, Lorenzo Alexander outplayed him in camp...Sal said he looked slower, but thought it was because he missed so much time and was just getting back to football shape

According to Rex, and Sal agreed with it, Lorenzo Alexander outplayed him in camp...Sal said he looked slower, but thought it was because he missed so much time and was just getting back to football shape

I watched Lorenzo pretty close. He did alright and plays ST. But his skillset is not near Manny's.

Just my opinion Matter.

I watched Lorenzo pretty close. He did alright and plays ST. But his skillset is not near Manny's.

Just my opinion Matter.

Not sure what you mean by that......given what the player is asked to do at that position I thought Lorenzo clearly outplayed Manny

My problem with this is depth......I dont want Shaq Lawson to get thrown into the fire when he returns I want him to get slowly worked onto the field splitting reps with vets.......

I really thought Manny would have been helpful here. Like I said yesterday I wonder if this all has to do with them really liking what they saw from Albright as a depth player

I really dont disagree with bills moves much but I do this one

Not sure what you mean by that......given what the player is asked to do at that position I thought Lorenzo clearly outplayed Manny

My problem with this is depth......I dont want Shaq Lawson to get thrown into the fire when he returns I want him to get slowly worked onto the field splitting reps with vets.......

I really thought Manny would have been helpful here. Like I said yesterday I wonder if this all has to do with them really liking what they saw from Albright as a depth player

Could you elaborate? Manny only played one preseason game.

M Lawson is faster has more length and better in coverage Can play all LB positions too.

Not discounting Alexanders play, but i think they are different animals

Could you elaborate? Manny only played one preseason game.

M Lawson is faster has more length and better in coverage Can play all LB positions too.

Not discounting Alexanders play, but i think they are different animals

You are basing your evaluation on Manny Lawson of last year

Maybe the bills saw its not the same Manny? Keep in mind we have kept a LOT of safeties this year....I am wondering if coverage responsibilities are going more to secondary guys and guys like Lorenzo provide the pass rush (which Manny is not good at)

They were both pretty good at setting the edge.

You are basing your evaluation on Manny Lawson of last year

Maybe the bills saw its not the same Manny? Keep in mind we have kept a LOT of safeties this year....I am wondering if coverage responsibilities are going more to secondary guys and guys like Lorenzo provide the pass rush (which Manny is not good at)

They were both pretty good at setting the edge.

I for sure am basing Manny off of last year, and Lorenzo off of this year.

Not trying to out think the Coaches for sure John. Just saying, i do not see clear reason to cut a vet for a vet in this case.

Maybe something will arise later that helps clarify this for me.

I for sure am basing Manny off of last year, and Lorenzo off of this year.

Not trying to out think the Coaches for sure John. Just saying, i do not see clear reason to cut a vet for a vet in this case.

Maybe something will arise later that helps clarify this for me.

I personally dont agree with the move because we are now relying on Albright if an injury happens.......Shaq Lawson is not coming back till at least week 6.

I personally dont agree with the move because we are now relying on Albright if an injury happens.......Shaq Lawson is not coming back till at least week 6.

Must be more to the story. Injury or the suspension and the reasoning behind it ?

I didn't expect this cut, but it makes sense. KDiggz and I were posting a while back that pectoral injury is serious and no way he would be completely ready week 1. Coupled with an impending suspension, and why not cut him?

This is a weak spot, but then again we can't be strong at every spot in the 22. Think about our strengths. Excellent Secondary, excellent d line, Hughes is fantastic. Great offensive line, excellent RB's, and maybe a franchise QB.

Why not? He's a first round pick that was expected to start prior to his surgery, If he's ready, get him in there.

Because he wont be ready....he missed all of training camp and pre season

I think Shaq Lawson is very talented and is gonna be a stude for us....but that is a lot to ask of a player

I did say "if he's ready" - I'm guessing he will be able to train a few weeks before playing in games. He'll likely rotate like most of the DL does. Maybe a bit more early on.

Must be more to the story. Injury or the suspension and the reasoning behind it ?

There is more, between him and Felton, they are saving 4+ million they can roll to next year's cap to resign Gilmore.

It's not just one thing or the other, it's the entire picture you have to look at for moves. These moves clearly have some portion that are related to giving Bills extra cap space next year.

There is more, between him and Felton, they are saving 4+ million they can roll to next year's cap to resign Gilmore.

It's not just one thing or the other, it's the entire picture you have to look at for moves. These moves clearly have some portion that are related to giving Bills extra cap space next year.

Salient point here. JO needs to be looking long term, often several seasons down the road.

GO BILLS!!!