Chris Hogan talks about why he wanted out of Buffalo

So he's chosen to run five yard in routes and get his brains mashed-in that awful offense? Best o'luck buddy. Amendola, Edelman, and Welker will all be drinking their meals by the age of 55. It's beyond me why these guys keep lining up for the opportunity.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically: "I cant beat out Robert Woods, and they know I cant make a 1st down, so it was time for a change."

More like I'm better than Woods but those tools had their favorites, plus I was sick of losing and NE offered me 12 mil so ....

He's a punk. Did I read that he was mad that Woods and Watkins were getting targets?!? Watkins is 8,000,000,000,000,876 times the player that Hogan is.

please :lol:

He's punk because he wants to play for a HOF QB n HC, sure keep telling yourself that.

Oh this is so good!!! Enjoy this Hogan lovers!!! I told you that the guy was a d-bag for the last 3 years.

Why do you say he is a D-bag? I am curious, is there some inside information that you know. He seemed like a decent guy when he was here. Bottmoline is he left because the Pats offered him way more money. If the bills would offered him that contract & the Pats offered him $1.6 million he would still be in Buffalo.

Nevermind Kirby, I read some of the other comments. The guy does sound like a dick.

I just don't think he'll even get a chance to prove himself in NE this season. Maybe next year? The Patriots have Gronk, Edelman, Bennett, and Amendola ahead of Hogan. And let's not forget they also have Lewis coming out of the backfield. That's 5 guys I'd put ahead of Hogan to receive targets. If you don't think Lewis gets targets, he had 50 targets in 8 games for the Pats last year.

When they signed Hogan, Bennett wasn't even on the team yet and the Pats may have not thought they were going to get him. Look at it like this:

Last year the Pats averaged 39 passing att per game.

Gronk avg. 8 targets per game

Edelman avg. 9.7 targets per game

Amendola avg. 6 targets per game

Dion Lewis avg. 6.25 targets per game(before he was hurt)

That's 30 targets just there. Now add Bennett to the fold, who I would guess will get 5+ a game and there is scraps for Hogan especially when you factor in the other RBs. I realize that injuries happen and that'll factor in but at this point, I just don't see it.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Nobody is butt hurt in this thread lol.

On a side note... Absolutely do not wish him luck. He moved to the best team in the division. I hope he develops a severe case of the dropsies.

I'm rooting for him to continue to get catches and tackled a yard or 2 shy.

@johnkryk

At #Patriots camp today, ex-#Bills WR Chris Hogan told me why he wanted out, & needed to get out, of Buffalo

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/07/28/new-patriots-receiver-chris-hogan-on-why-he-wanted-out-of-buffalo

Basically "they offered me peanuts 'cuz I couldn't beat out their guys, so I went some place that paid me"?

I thought the quote about "I kind of got a little complacent about where I was, this has been a rebirth of me as a football player" was interesting combined with all the comments about how "demanding" Brady, Garrapolo, and McDaniels are. Players get "complacent" when they're allowed to be complacent. The implication would be the standards in Buffalo were not as high.

Good luck to him

I just don't think he'll even get a chance to prove himself in NE this season. Maybe next year? The Patriots have Gronk, Edelman, Bennett, and Amendola ahead of Hogan. And let's not forget they also have Lewis coming out of the backfield. That's 5 guys I'd put ahead of Hogan to receive targets. If you don't think Lewis gets targets, he had 50 targets in 8 games for the Pats last year.

When they signed Hogan, Bennett wasn't even on the team yet and the Pats may have not thought they were going to get him. Look at it like this:

Last year the Pats averaged 39 passing att per game.

Gronk avg. 8 targets per game

Edelman avg. 9.7 targets per game

Amendola avg. 6 targets per game

Dion Lewis avg. 6.25 targets per game(before he was hurt)

That's 30 targets just there. Now add Bennett to the fold, who I would guess will get 5+ a game and there is scraps for Hogan especially when you factor in the other RBs. I realize that injuries happen and that'll factor in but at this point, I just don't see it.

But now he's not complacent. So that might skew your otherwise good opinion.

However much playing time he gets, his decision to go to a different team boils down to dollars and I can't blame him for that. I don't think he's very good anyhow, so no great loss in my book.

More like I'm better than Woods but those tools had their favorites, plus I was sick of losing and NE offered me 12 mil so ....

please :lol:

He's punk because he wants to play for a HOF QB n HC, sure keep telling yourself that.

I don't think you get what he was saying even a little bit

Basically "they offered me peanuts 'cuz I couldn't beat out their guys, so I went some place that paid me"?

I thought the quote about "I kind of got a little complacent about where I was, this has been a rebirth of me as a football player" was interesting combined with all the comments about how "demanding" Brady, Garrapolo, and McDaniels are. Players get "complacent" when they're allowed to be complacent. The implication would be the standards in Buffalo were not as high.

Good luck to him

LOL! I always love when players talk about how "demanding" other coaches and/or players (Garrroopppoolloo :lol:) are as an excuse for their own shortcomings. Basically he got more money.

Hogan will never make it four years on the pats***. He would be what 31?

Can't blame him for essentially doubling his payday for maybe a couple of years?

he would have taken that deal with the rams or browns. having Brady** and the hoody

Are just a bonus. So he says the right things and kisses the feet of the coach & QB.

As a role player in the pats* system he can be chucked anytime. He knows that.

Nothing he said was out of bounds, really... or even a direct shot at the Bills.

You really cant fault any player for being happy landing on a perennial SB contender, especially leaving the Bills who are stuck in the rut. And even moreso being a WR and getting the opportunity to play for a HOF QB

Good luck to him

Now that just can't be true....

I'm sure he'll have lots of success. At some point someone ahead of him on the depth chart will get hurt. And he'll step up and fill the roll admirably. Their offense is predicated on finding WR willing to put themselves in quite a lot of danger. There is a reason why few of Brady's receivers were successful anywhere else. It's very much the system itself that makes these players. I'd expect Hogan to be no different.

"I want to learn. I want to play for Tom, and I want to play for Jimmy, and I want to play for Bill."

If this doesn't evoke imagery of Darth Vader bowing at the feet of the emperor, I don't know what does. Poor Chris has been drawn to the dark side. Next thing we know, he'll be slaying Jedi younglings.

Oh no! Kirby's kids are in danger!

And yes the Toronto paper put a negative spin on article deliberately.