Chris Hogan talks about why he wanted out of Buffalo

Hogan can go f himself. The Bills gave him a chance in the league. Believed in him and gave him a solid role. He could at least be grateful for that. I do not wish him well, and I hope he gets his clock cleaned coming over the middle against the Bills. Sorry if that makes me a bad person, but really, what an ungrateful little wanker he is.

Edited by MDFan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically: "I cant beat out Robert Woods, and they know I cant make a 1st down, so it was time for a change."

Yet, 50% of his catches were for first downs in Buffalo. What I caught from what I read is that Hogan wasn't going to see as many chances in Buffalo. I can only think that is mostly because the Patriots are a throw first offense with the starters always injured and Buffalo is a run first offense with much less chance with Woods and Watkins in front of him.

I didn't read where the guy said anything close to derogatory about the Bills. What offensive player on this earth wouldn't want a chance to play with future hall of fame QB Tom Brady or be part of the winningest org in the league since 2000 and he is getting almost double the $$$ what the Bills offered him.

Come on Kirby. You're better than this. Just admit Hogan is a better NFL player than D'Rick.

He stated clearly that he is a role player & not just slow white possession wr. Every wr wants the ball. He said nothing to get upset over.

You would think. But Kirby was saying from the start of signing him that he was a waste of a roster spot in Buffalo and he has proven otherwise. Now he has a chance to really shine right behind Amendola as the #2 WR on the right side. The guy has managed to stay in the league six years now and that is better than a lot of players.

"I want to learn. I want to play for Tom, and I want to play for Jimmy, and I want to play for Bill."

If this doesn't evoke imagery of Darth Vader bowing at the feet of the emperor, I don't know what does. Poor Chris has been drawn to the dark side. Next thing we know, he'll be slaying Jedi younglings.

Kirby will never let the Hogan hate go.

Good player and he will prove it this year.

The anti-Hoganites are strong in will. One of them wanted to bet me he wouldn't make the 53 a couple years ago.

He's the Pats' Charles Clay. Overpaid for him but it's a perfect fit.

Oh this is so good!!! Enjoy this Hogan lovers!!! I told you that the guy was a d-bag for the last 3 years.

I've been a Hogan fan for as long as he was here. His current team notwithstanding, nothing he said in this article has changed my opinion of him, and I have no idea why someone would consider him a d-bag.

Hogan has been our most durable WR during his time here. Frankly, his words could have been quite a bit harsher, and I wouldn't have blamed him. The lowball offer given to him by the Bills was an insult. I strongly suspect that he will be a major contributor in NE, and may very well become one of Brady's* favorite targets.

Come on Kirby. You're better than this. Just admit Hogan is a better NFL player than D'Rick.

He stated clearly that he is a role player & not just slow white possession wr. Every wr wants the ball. He said nothing to get upset over.

Ive said that he's a better player than Da'Rick. He is an NFL WR. He's still a punk. I've yet to meet someone that likes the guy. Everyone thinks he's an appreciative underdog. He's an arrogant p---k. I can't wait to watch Brady jump down his throat when he runs his route short of the marker.

With all that being said he's still a dime a dozen player. The team is no worse off giving his reps to Dez Lewis or Salas. He's an NFL player but he is just a guy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Hogan can go f himself. The Bills gave him a chance in the league. Believed in him and gave him a solid role. He could at least be grateful for that. I do not wish him well, and I hope he gets his clock cleaned coming over the middle against the Bills. Sorry if that makes me a bad person, but really, what an ungrateful little wanker he is.

Did you even read the article? What, exactly, did you find offensive about the answers he gave to direct questions? You think the Bills did him a favor by hiring him? You don't think he worked hard as a Bill?

I cant wait for the first time you see Brady screaming at Hogan for not running his route to the first down marker

Its coming....oh yes....its coming

I read the comment about Sammy and Watkins as having more to do with TT. Hogan is a role guy who will not be the focus. He knows that. Tyrod struggled to go through his progressions. He would lock on to his #1 for a long while. If you're a role receiver, having a QB better at going through his progressions is better for you. Some might see that as a shot at TT, but I think it was just an honest answer. That's the area where I want to see more out of TT, because he's got the long ball and athleticism.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I doubt he gets 500 yards...

Did you even read the article? What, exactly, did you find offensive about the answers he gave to direct questions? You think the Bills did him a favor by hiring him? You don't think he worked hard as a Bill?

Well he admitted he didn't work as hard last year.

its john kyrk, he is like jerry sullivan except a canadian version. he's the one who bitched about bon jovi being outed, etc.

Yeah I remember refreshing that guys Twitter so many times after Ralph passed away. Thankfully those days are over. Him and Tim G. two guys I never want to read again!

He could do big things and be with $4 mil in NE, but I don't see it.

The Bills did not low ball him, $1.6 was fair for what he brought to the table.

As he is no longer on the team, I could care less about him one way or another. I certainly don't wish for good things for any opponent. I would prefer every Patriot not live up to their $$ amount and create another hole that they have to fill.

...and with that, Go Bills!!

The anti-Hoganites are strong in will. One of them wanted to bet me he wouldn't make the 53 a couple years ago.

He's the Pats' Charles Clay. Overpaid for him but it's a perfect fit.

Clay was a top 100 player the year before the Bills signed him and the Fish slapped the transition tag on him so he wouldn't leave. He was very important to their offense and they just couldn't match the bills offer sheet because of where they placed the cap hits. Hogan wasn't really the same value here. I see your point though. Edited by YoloinOhio

Clay was a top 100 player the year before the Bills signed him and the Fish slapped the transition tag on him so he wouldn't leave. He was very important to their offense and just couldn't math the bills offer sheet because of where they placed the cap hits. I see your point though.

Not an exact likeness, I'll grant you. Just that the salary of the player is much easier to justify in the situation they ended up in.

The Bills paying Hogan that money was impossible with the choices they had to make at the time.

Not an exact likeness, I'll grant you. Just that the salary of the player is much easier to justify in the situation they ended up in.

The Bills paying Hogan that money was impossible with the choices they had to make at the time.

i agree that value on players is often relative to the team and system. I didn't love or hate Hogan but I do think he's a replaceable commodity. Edited by YoloinOhio

@johnkryk

At #Patriots camp today, ex-#Bills WR Chris Hogan told me why he wanted out, & needed to get out, of Buffalo

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/07/28/new-patriots-receiver-chris-hogan-on-why-he-wanted-out-of-buffalo

Typical media BS trying to make it seem more than it is to get clicks. I mean he essentially just said we had our top 2 guys here already, and he fell complacent in his role and wanted a new challenge and opportunity. And lets face it, the ideal place for a WR of his style is NE. They feature guys just like him there and he is a perfect fit for their system. Even if the Bills offered even or more money, the no brainer place for him to play was NE.

I don't wish him luck, not because I have something against him, cuz I don't...I simply don't wish him luck because he's on a division rival we are trying to get past. And honestly, I think he is going to have the best year of his career this season.

The scariest part of that article was the part at the end where it goes into the Gronk/Bennet duo...good grief thats going to be hard to defend along side all these great route running WR's they have. I fully expect this to be an even more dangerous offense and still easily the favorite for the AFC Super Bowl until proven otherwise.

Edited by Alphadawg7