Boobie D?

He is in Buffalo right now. To be clear, I have no idea if he's meeting with the Bills or just there. How would people feel about Boobie instead of Reggie/Fred/etc?

He play teams so if you are looking for back end of the roster guys he has that going for him.

Dude was overweight last year and was terrible. At least with Fred he will be a leader in that locker room and can still play a part time role. I rather bring back Fred for the veteran minimum. He was one of the best blocking backs and 3rd down role would suit him well.

I just don't see that happening as the team has moved on and don't want to deal with having to cut him again if he is done.

Please god no to Boobie. He's terrible and if we are relying on him to run the ball we are screwed and shouldn't even bother trotting a RB out there.

Where is Archer? Any info on him at all? I know he's just as much of an unknown or worse, but the kid is really fast. I'd rather have an idiot that can run really fast that an idiot that is slower than molasses.

I would Take Fred Jackson any day. A step slower the guy is better than any RB on the roster besides Shady McCoy. Keeping Boobie Dixon last year over Freddie Jackson last year was a total Head Scratcher. What the Hell was Rex and Whaley thinking?

She does. She's a friend of mine.

"Friend"

Shady and touchdown Mike can handle the load, with the rookie Williams being #3 for the 1st 4 games until Karlos the Lazy tries to win back some carries in week 5.

The rook wont face any DUI discipline until much later this season, if at all. Not sure why we need a 5th guy, and I don't think we will get one.

Ray Rice is our man!

call me deluded, but yes. for reasons i have attempted to define elsewhere in TSW.

Boobie ?

Nothing personal, but hell no. it was fun for a minute. Now give some kid a chance to develop

I believe Fred burned a bridge with Whaley as others have suggested and I was glad to see him go - but his receiving numbers last year really surprised me. I think he could be a 3rd down passing down blocker and catch some balls out of the backfield. However I do believe that ship has sailed.

I definitely do not want Boobie for one simple reason - I never ever want him to get one carry. So even in an emergency - I don't want him touching the ball.

For me it comes down to one of two things; do we need an immediate back up to McCoy or do we just need a 3rd or 4th string guy / someone to bring in for competition?

If Karlos so far in the doghouse that he won't get the opportunities to play when he returns -or Jon Williams isn't able to be the #2 yet - then I'd want to bring in a vet.

If Jon is ready or can be the #2 until Karlos returns then I want to stay with what we have and let Wilder and Gillislee battle it out for depth.

I would Take Fred Jackson any day. A step slower the guy is better than any RB on the roster besides Shady McCoy. Keeping Boobie Dixon last year over Freddie Jackson last year was a total Head Scratcher. What the Hell was Rex and Whaley thinking?

"Friend"

He didn't exactly do muc....anything in Seattle

We still have Felton and Gronk. The two of them can also run with the ball in a pinch (even though that isn't their specialties) or be the blocking RB from time to time. I wouldn't be surprised to see nobody new show up. Bush is a injury waiting to happen. Boobie wasn't in shape when he was in shape and I don't think Fred wants back unless they give him a 1 day retirement contract, which I hope they do.

We're not desperate for another runner. We have several runners. If they're going to bring anyone in as a backup, whether it's Boobie or Fred, that person needs to contribute in other ways, like special teams. That's why Fred won't be coming back -- he's not a special teams guy, certainly not at his age.

Boobie at least has a reputation for being very good at special teams. So he might -- might -- be considered as a backup until we get guys back, because of this. But I don't honestly believe he will be.