Aaron Williams Wants Fred Jackson Back; Do you?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual my opinion with guaranteed minimum salary as required by contract with NFLPA and some select players absorbing most of salary cap is to sign such players post week 1 so if they cannot handle workload then they can be cut. Now I think there should be incentives paid in case a role player becomes a major part of team due to injury or suspensions but the basis is the same - "Are you producing as much as would player who would get paid less?"

No...I love Fred, but he doesn't have anything left in the tank. He was on a great team last year that had needs at RB multiple times due to injury and had very little to give them. Sure he could have some leadership value, but honestly, we need guys we have to step up into that role because he would probably be cut once Karlos came back anyway. And lets just say he did come in and become a leader in the locker room, he still is likely cut once Karlos is back unless we have a bunch of RB injuries, and if he became a fixture in the locker room then cutting him during the season could do more damage than good.

Plus, I honestly don't think our RB situation is as bad as people think. We got some good guys who filled in nicely last year and a healthy McCoy. Not to mention our rookie may not even miss anytime this year over his DWI.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Yes and no. I would love it for sentiment and other feel good stuff and also don't think we need him on the field.

For a one day contract before he retires? Sure! As a coach? Why not - the more the merrier!

Seattle used Fred nearly exclusively on 3rd down to pick up the blitz. He had 32 receptions (same as LeShady had for the Bills) for 257 yards (8.0 avg). Given our mess at RB, he'd be a good addition, but the ship has sailed because Whaley and Rex made it clear they wanted Fred gone.