Goodwin fails to make Olypmic team

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for the guy. He has the longest jump in the world this year. He may have been competing with a bad hamstring.

If the Olympics were like the Masters, he would have qualified by winning a track meet earlier in the year.

having the longest jump in the world during the olympic year is meaningless.

not to mention, he chokes in the finals round. looking over his stats he struggles to perform at his best when.

the hamstrings are an excuse.

Yep, the 'quise haterz gonna be out in force now. It sucks when you have an injury at Trials, but that's the nature of individual sport. Everything has to be perfect, and you have to be a little bit lucky.

you were one of those saying he had olympic talent in the long jump.

you called me out for saying he doesn't.

now you're here perpetuating he is actually an olympic talent?! in what world do you live with your lies?

"my body is banged up — I feel like I played eight or nine games and I’m in week 10 already.”

Yup, he's already in his typical football shape!

that's a joke, because i'm not sure he has played in 9 or 10 games in a season (maybe in his career).

I remember about this time last year, one of the popular debates on this forum was all about Hogan vs. Goodwin. LOTS of Goodwin fans (and apologists) talking about what an important deep threat he was-- even if he didn't get that many targets, defenses had to account for him on the field-- even if had only gotten one catch the previous season, he was special...

And, plenty of Hogan bashing. LOTS of Hogan bashing.

Well, Hogan's gone, now... Goodwin's turn.

He's never proven a thing since being here. I'd rather keep trying other players like a Dez Lewis, pull people off the streets and keep trying until we hit on one.

I believe Woods will come back as a decent #2 WR, but not great. With Clay and the RB's we just need a #3. I'm very hopeful Lewis is it. It's nice to finally have another taller WR. Hopefully he's smarter than Hardy.

I remember about this time last year, one of the popular debates on this forum was all about Hogan vs. Goodwin. LOTS of Goodwin fans (and apologists) talking about what an important deep threat he was-- even if he didn't get that many targets, defenses had to account for him on the field-- even if had only gotten one catch the previous season, he was special...

And, plenty of Hogan bashing. LOTS of Hogan bashing.

Well, Hogan's gone, now... Goodwin's turn.

Listenbee's turn more likely

Good news is after he gets cut by the Bills he will have 4 years to train and try again for 2020. I hate players like Glass because they look good in 7 on 7 and running around without pads so coaches give them a chance but as soon as the pads come on they are toast. Being 160 pounds might be good for jumping but it's bad if you are in the NFL. Hes a crook that has openly admitted that the NFL is funding his Olympic training rather than giving his all for a team that paid him millions of dollars. Before you think I'm being too harsh go educate yourself. On draft day he said track was done and he was concentrating 100% on football. Then we come to find out he has been training for track all along, continues to get hurt because he has not bulked up for the abuse of the NFL, says that he would choose track over football if it paid enough, was planning on giving up football had he made the Olympics, and now he comes crawling back because he didn't. There are literally thousands of guys that would die for a shot at the NFL and hundreds that are probably a lot more deserving than him that would do whatever it takes to make a team. Glass wants to be a track star so do him a favor and send him packing

A little bitter today? Damn...

The guy is a world class athlete...not his fault the coaching staff is over enthusiastic about his speed....

A little bitter today? Damn...

The guy is a world class athlete...not his fault the coaching staff is over enthusiastic about his speed....

No, been bitter for 3 years since the day they drafted him. Combine is a tool in addition to the games and film. Not a reason to draft someone. Him saying football is not #1 is just another slap in the face. If I was one of the fringe WR's that got cut for him I'd be livid. Hes done nothing but keeps making this team on potential. Give someone else (Dez Lewis) a chance

No, been bitter for 3 years since the day they drafted him. Combine is a tool in addition to the games and film. Not a reason to draft someone. Him saying football is not #1 is just another slap in the face. If I was one of the fringe WR's that got cut for him I'd be livid. Hes done nothing but keeps making this team on potential. Give someone else (Dez Lewis) a chance

I am sure Lewis is getting a chance, as are all the others.

Not like Goodwin has photos of Kromers lawn chairs or something !

The degree to which people take this personally is hilarious.

Its all about the hilarity. at this point it might as well be anyways. Its yet to be about winning.