Goodwin fails to make Olypmic team

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a lotta hate out there for Goodwin. He seems like a good kid, but he's not a good WR. No reason to hate that or attack him.

He simply lacks the versatility to be a good fit and he appears to be more vulnerable than average to injury in a very brutal sport. I'd like to see the Bills and marquise part ways and move on.

No matter what you see from him in camp, it's never going to translate to a significant result in the season

Theres a lotta hate out there for Goodwin. He seems like a good kid, but he's not a good WR. No reason to hate that or attack him.

He simply lacks the versatility to be a good fit and he appears to be more vulnerable than average to injury in a very brutal sport. I'd like to see the Bills and marquise part ways and move on.

No matter what you see from him in camp, it's never going to translate to a significant result in the season

Actually he IS a good receiver 20.

He just cannot stay healthy enough to hold down an important roster spot .

That is the arguments at it's base level

It sucks for him that he can have the two longest jumps in the world this year so far and not make the Olympics. There should be some mechanism to allow for this other than 3 jumps at an Olumpic trial. Regardless of the Olympics, I don't think it matters all that much. Goodwin was never going to make it as anything other than maybe a 3rd or 4th receiver on the field when packages called for that. He was four years of average at Texas, and done nothing great at the NFL level. With the effusive praise of coaches of Dezmond Lewis, Greg Little, and even Kolby Listenbee; Goodwin will be hard pressed IMO to even make the team, much less move up on the depth charts. There are no less than 8 WR's that thus far sit ahead of him.

When did I ever say he'd medal? Right I didn't, you just made it up like you make up most of your takes.

Like I said, takes a lot of balls to call out Goodwin for being full of **** (with just speculation mind you, not evidence) while you constantly lie and post things that are full of **** and your own bloated narcissism.

All I've ever said about this topic is that the length some folks are going through to hate on a guy for chasing his dreams -- especially a borderline roster guy who has the teams permission to do so -- says more about them than it does about Goodwin.

Once again, you've shown yourself to be an ass.

Nothing I've said about Marquise has been proven inaccurate and every time he opens his mouth it becomes clearer that I was pretty much dead-nuts-on all along. :beer:

I was right!

I know you hate that and the more you bleat on in defense of him the more foolish you are going to look.

Like when you wanted to place a certain bet but backed out when I suggested you put some money on it.

Coward! you called me. :lol: You are a weird, bitter dude.

As I've said many times........I don't care one way or the other about Marquise. I'm not mad. This is just part of dealing with personnel. You will get some flakes like MG. Calling him full of sh*t is just my way of saying he's been dishonest........which he has been. He can't get his story straight because it's BS.

But carry on with your weirdness. :beer:

I was put off by his comments pre trials.

It did sound like Bills football was his focus, and the not so subtle shot at the fanbase irked me. Even if he was correct HahAh.

Thats partially why i have changed my tone.

If he proves himself to Coaches then fine. If not ,fine also.

It should always be best player wins and not the surrounding hoopla

If you've never competed in an individual sport, it's difficult to explain and comprehend. Does Goodwin have the ability to compete at the Olympics? No question, he does. But Olympic qualifying in track and field is a one-meet qualifier. Win and you're in, lose and you're out. So you have to have everything go your way. You have to have your training peak at the exact time. Your body has to be perfect. The smallest thing can mess you up. Did you get too much sleep or not enough? Did you eat too much or not enough? Some athletes like Usain Bolt are just better, so they have a larger window for things to go wrong, yet still perform. Some sports provide for medal contender exceptions, with various criteria for that. I don't know the rules for track and field.

As far as those joking about him being hurt again, have your fun. As far as those saying he choked, you're wrong. Bottom line is that at the time of the Olympic Trials, Goodwin's body was incapable of delivering a qualifying jump. That's the nature of individual sports. My son was in an Olympic sport, and each meet was different. Some meets he had PB's in each event. Other meets he was 1-3 seconds off his PB. We came to realize that there are so many factors that go into it that it's nearly impossible to predict. If you don't have it that day, you just don't have it.

that's a lot of horse rubbish. Track and field win in your in is a constant thing. Every meet, every event and invitational. To use it as an excuse that this one day everything did not go his way is... weak.

Id have made state tournament had i ran my best time in the final meet for regionals. Does that mean as good as a state qualifier?

Nothing I've said about Marquise has been proven inaccurate

Because everything you're saying is speculation. You claim he's faking injuries. You claim he's faking concussions. You claim he's not taking his job seriously and violating a contract even though there's no evidence whatsoever for any of those things.

You cannot prove something that didn't happen. Children understand this basic tenant of logic.

and every time he opens his mouth it becomes clearer that I was pretty much dead-nuts-on all along.

I was right!

Again this is pure narcissism. You are not right, but because you're convinced that are you right everything he says will be filtered through that absurd lens in your mind.

I know you hate that and the more you bleat on in defense of him the more foolish you are going to look.

Like when you wanted to place a certain bet but backed out when I suggested you put some money on it.

Coward! you called me. :lol: You are a weird, bitter dude:

Wrong again. I'm not defending Goodwin. I never said he'd medal (I don't and didn't care). I'm making fun of YOU for your absurd take on this situation and have questioned others as to why this is even an issue since: he has the team's blessing, is not violating his contract, and was trying to achieve something he's dreamed of since he was a boy.

It takes a really small and narrow minded person to hold a grudge against a guy for chasing a dream just because you don't agree that dream is as important as the NFL.

You're also wrong about the bet. Or should I say lying through your teeth as your wont to do. Our bet is still on, you agreed (after backing out original bet which was just in good fun because you're a kitty --aka a coward -- then lying about it).

When Shady is still on the roster at the end of the '17 season you have to change your handle to "I'm a bloviating lying asshat who loves Shady McCoy" for two years.

Unless you're going to back down from that yet again.

As I've said many times........I don't care one way or the other about Marquise:

The evidence shows otherwise. You COULDN'T wait to celebrate when he failed to make the Olympic team. Couldn't wait. And you've spilled more digital ink than most in these Goodwin threads making stuff up about him to fit your preconceived notion of the guy's motives.

That's why you're a lying, bloviating, narcissistic asshat who has stones smaller than electrons.

If you've never competed in an individual sport, it's difficult to explain and comprehend. Does Goodwin have the ability to compete at the Olympics? No question, he does. But Olympic qualifying in track and field is a one-meet qualifier. Win and you're in, lose and you're out. So you have to have everything go your way. You have to have your training peak at the exact time. Your body has to be perfect. The smallest thing can mess you up. Did you get too much sleep or not enough? Did you eat too much or not enough? Some athletes like Usain Bolt are just better, so they have a larger window for things to go wrong, yet still perform. Some sports provide for medal contender exceptions, with various criteria for that. I don't know the rules for track and field.

As far as those joking about him being hurt again, have your fun. As far as those saying he choked, you're wrong. Bottom line is that at the time of the Olympic Trials, Goodwin's body was incapable of delivering a qualifying jump. That's the nature of individual sports. My son was in an Olympic sport, and each meet was different. Some meets he had PB's in each event. Other meets he was 1-3 seconds off his PB. We came to realize that there are so many factors that go into it that it's nearly impossible to predict. If you don't have it that day, you just don't have it.

Do you think this is a good thing?

Anyone with any locker room team sport experience want to tell me the general opinion of players who should barely make the team who dog it and skip workouts to do other stuff?

I mentioned it before, it's all relative. If a guy is skipping camp just to skip camp or drop an album, guys would be pissed. But skipping workouts to chase Olympic gold? Guys understand.

Lots of guys in that locker room played multiple sports growing up, many did track. They get it, probably more than most fans ever could.

Damn, that's too bad. Get some rest, and get ready for camp, Goodwin. Lets make this the year you do something. :beer:

I dont understand why more people can't look at this way...yet just about everyone is just mocking him here. I would bet that almost nobody here is even the best at their job in their home city, let alone one the best 10 people in the world at that job. This kid laid all out on the line after posting the two longest jumps of anyone this year to try and bring gold home for his country. He also risked his football career to do that, so its too bad others can't support that as much as the Bills coaches and FO have.

This kid can play football...its not about his ability, its simply about his body being able to hold up so he can stay on the field. He has a big opportunity this year and now with the Olympics behind him, he can focus on Football full time and hopefully stay on the field to make an impact this year. it wont be easy, but I think its premature to just assume he wont make the team.

I dont understand why more people can't look at this way...yet just about everyone is just mocking him here. I would bet that almost nobody here is even the best at their job in their home city, let alone one the best 10 people in the world at that job. This kid laid all out on the line after posting the two longest jumps of anyone this year to try and bring gold home for his country. He also risked his football career to do that, so its too bad others can't support that as much as the Bills coaches and FO have.

This kid can play football...its not about his ability, its simply about his body being able to hold up so he can stay on the field. He has a big opportunity this year and now with the Olympics behind him, he can focus on Football full time and hopefully stay on the field to make an impact this year. it wont be easy, but I think its premature to just assume he wont make the team.

Why do people hate Glass Goodwin? It's simple:

1- Goodwin pissed people off with at least 2 comments he made:

A. Criticized fans for booing the team - this is the big one, you kick a fanbase who have been supporting the team for years when they're already down an you're going to turn people against you.

B. Said he preferred track to football

2- People resent top 3 rd busts

3- He's always injured

Edited by ndirish1978

A. Criticized fans for booing the team - this is the big one, you kick a fanbase who have been supporting the team for years when they're already down an you're going to turn people against you.

3- People resent top 3 rd busts

4- He's always injured

Counting obviously not part of the curriculum at Notre Dame.

:P

2- People resent top 3 rd busts

3- He's always injured

I don't think it is that simple.

1a and b are recent events, and the animosity was already prevalent. He did not help himself though.

2 Is he a bust? 3rd round? i dont think you can bust in the 3rd unless you traded up for him (cough cough)

3 He is not always injured. He was a healthy scratch under Marrone. But he IS often injured. i will give you this one without question 78

that's a lot of horse rubbish. Track and field win in your in is a constant thing. Every meet, every event and invitational. To use it as an excuse that this one day everything did not go his way is... weak.

Id have made state tournament had i ran my best time in the final meet for regionals. Does that mean as good as a state qualifier?

If Goodwin had never hit those distances I might agree with you. But he's hit those distances before, more than once, he just wasn't able to in that last meet. You see it a lot in field events. High jump, pole vault, discus, javelin, hammer. The guy who cleared 19' last week fouled out at 17' this week. You prefer to believe he choked. I don't.

I don't think it is that simple.

1a and b are recent events, and the animosity was already prevalent. He did not help himself though.

2 Is he a bust? 3rd round? i dont think you can bust in the 3rd unless you traded up for him (cough cough)

3 He is not always injured. He was a healthy scratch under Marrone. But he IS often injured. i will give you this one without question 78

He made the fan comments in 2014, so not really too recent.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12518/bills-goodwin-regrets-tweet-to-fans

I dunno about everyone else, but that's pretty much the event that made me indifferent to him. I'm not anti-Goodwin or pro, I just don't care about whether or not he succeeds at all. I think you can definitely have 3rd rd busts, I expect the top 3 rounds to start or be heavy in rotation.

He made the fan comments in 2014, so not really too recent.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12518/bills-goodwin-regrets-tweet-to-fans

I dunno about everyone else, but that's pretty much the event that made me indifferent to him. I'm not anti-Goodwin or pro, I just don't care about whether or not he succeeds at all. I think you can definitely have 3rd rd busts, I expect the top 3 rounds to start or be heavy in rotation.

I did not realize that ND. Thanks for the clarification.

I was thinking the more recent quotes. Which pissed me off.

#3rd rounders can be argued for sure.

I just find it hard to call them busts. Unless it was TJ Graham lol

As far as caring, I think we all want a contributor. So i want him to succeed.

That ship may well have sailed i must admit

I did not realize that ND. Thanks for the clarification.

I was thinking the more recent quotes. Which pissed me off.

#3rd rounders can be argued for sure.

I just find it hard to call them busts. Unless it was TJ Graham lol

As far as caring, I think we all want a contributor. So i want him to succeed.

That ship may well have sailed i must admit

He has had a way of letting slip what he thinks of fans.........and that was before the Bills community had been at all critical of him......those original comments that ND linked earned him the nickname Glass on twitter. :lol:

Now Bills fans are all drunks. :beer:

Seems like he thinks he is more important than fans, teammates, management, ownership etc........what do they call people who have a disorder causing an inflated sense of self-importance? :flirt: