RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

Good ol' Vic. Embarrassment? Really? I'm not going to go back and look at quotes, but didn't the Bills acknowledge it may have to be done at some point in time?

What else could it be? Another example of the wizards of smart just being unlucky at OBD?

I can't image TPegs is happy with Doug and Rex right now. After all, they made a decision on a player using the owner's money and told that owner the player is what they needed. You think the owner is going to trust them after this?

It's a fiasco and an embarrassment to the team.

He could play through the injury and delay the surgery. But better to get it over with now.

This is BS and now, obviously untrue. That press release was pure cover. If he could play through the season, they would play him.

Yeah but the thinking is he'd play his rookie season and have surgery at the end of it, allowing enough time to recover so he didn't miss camp, much less pre-season, much much less the regular season.

Yeah but the screen that 26CornerBlitz posted says he had an occurrence of the condition last week. Wouldn't that mean that the situation changed?

This is BS and now, obviously untrue. That press release was pure cover. If he could play through the season, they would play him.

Not really because the injury could diminish his effectiveness if he tried to play through the injury. Better to have the guy at full strength given the nature of the edge position that requires him to set the edge against the run and provide pressure as a pass rusher. Hot take over reactions?? Shocker!!

Yeah but the screen that 26CornerBlitz posted says he had an occurrence of the condition last week. Wouldn't that mean that the situation changed?

Pardon my skepticism, but that sounds like political cover being propagated by OBD. I can't imagine how he would have had another "occurrence" in non-contact drills, unless it was just incredibly susceptible to injury in the first place.

Im not so sure about that.....

Perhaps it was more about "he could potentially hurt it worse if he played through the season" and decided to clean it up now?

I sure would like to know what the injury is

Yes, but they're saying he could still play with it.

@4JoshReed

Here's the exact Q & A with #Bills GM Whaley about Lawson's shoulder the night of the draft.

CimcNpVWwAAfJgi.jpg

To me that sounds a whole lot like Whaley knew about the shoulder, and they thought he might go a season without surgery. Didn't happen. This shouldn't be some huge overreaction and a Pegula investigation into the matter.

Pardon my skepticism, but that sounds like political cover being propagated by OBD. I can't imagine how he would have had another "occurrence" in non-contact drills, unless it was just incredibly susceptible to injury in the first place.

Sure be skeptical, but as was quoted above, it sounds as though they knew about it. Something happened that they thought they better get the surgery done.

Edited by What a Tuel

eMoulds said he would miss some time at the start of the season. Nice call. Seems to me, if he is only going to miss some time at the start of the season, it may not be a full tear of the labrum...maybe just a severe strain or partial tear. For that, the recovery time might be a lot quicker than 4-6 months.

Smart move by Bills to get it repaired now while it is still manageable (if that's the case). If it's a minor/nagging sort of injury (strain or partial), he will probably be less effective or tear it fully on week 2 and be out all season.

Gitt'r Done (literally).